• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ants invade Luna! City being destroyed by acid!

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, not really but... I see posts from folks saying that Luna should be destroyed and it hit me... ANTS!

Outline:

The Solen colony expands underneath the city of Luna. The ground is weakened by the tunnels and sinkholes swallow entire vendor houses! Poor little vendors screaming as they claw at the earth trying to escape the horrors below only to have ants scurry up from the hole and drag them down below to become food for the young!

If the ants aren't defeated quickly, the young hatch. The Greater Ants emerge and begin vaporizing the rest of the city by spitting acid on the buildings. Warriors that try and fight the Greater Ants discover the ants can spit acid 2-3 screens away, melting retreating warriors into a fleshy ooze.

Greater Ants would have a combination of attacks similar to Hiryu (dismount), Fan Dancer (weakened poison resistance), Greater Dragons (being able to shoot an acid ball that never stops chasing you until it catches you).

The Greater Ants would also have a disarm special attack so every time a warrior runs up to them, the ant just pancake-slaps their sword right out of their hands. ;)

Oh, and since the regular ants make a sound like coins dropping... the Greater Ants would make a sound like metal garbage can lids dropping. Perhaps even a sonic attack that disorients folks in a certain radius! Actually, the sonic attack would be the disarm... an area disarm attack!

Of course, the first vendors to be devoured would be the potion vendors. It would be discovered later that potions leaking into the ground had attracted the ants to Luna and caused them to mutate into Greater Ants.

Safe Travels, Sam

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course, the first vendors to be devoured would be the potion vendors. It would be discovered later that potions leaking into the ground had attracted the ants to Luna and caused them to mutate into Greater Ants.

Safe Travels, Sam
Phew!! I had to read all the way to the end!!

I KNEW it was them Fargin' Alchemists and their "Storefront" operations!!

I KNEW it!!

:yell:

They ruin Everything!!!:hahaha:

S

Smokin

Ok, not really but... I see posts from folks saying that Luna should be destroyed and it hit me... ANTS!

Outline:

The Solen colony expands underneath the city of Luna. The ground is weakened by the tunnels and sinkholes swallow entire vendor houses! Poor little vendors screaming as they claw at the earth trying to escape the horrors below only to have ants scurry up from the hole and drag them down below to become food for the young!

If the ants aren't defeated quickly, the young hatch. The Greater Ants emerge and begin vaporizing the rest of the city by spitting acid on the buildings. Warriors that try and fight the Greater Ants discover the ants can spit acid 2-3 screens away, melting retreating warriors into a fleshy ooze.

Greater Ants would have a combination of attacks similar to Hiryu (dismount), Fan Dancer (weakened poison resistance), Greater Dragons (being able to shoot an acid ball that never stops chasing you until it catches you).

The Greater Ants would also have a disarm special attack so every time a warrior runs up to them, the ant just pancake-slaps their sword right out of their hands. ;)

Oh, and since the regular ants make a sound like coins dropping... the Greater Ants would make a sound like metal garbage can lids dropping. Perhaps even a sonic attack that disorients folks in a certain radius! Actually, the sonic attack would be the disarm... an area disarm attack!

Safe Travels, Sam
They would probably do it because of all the abuse of there bags of sending to the unattended gold farmers.

S

Sunrise

Now this would make a great hunt...

attack of the giant ants From Tram!!!!!

The only way to kill em is to nuke em with blackrock...

which in turn gives us Luna Rubble...

I like it :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So let me get this straight they do area disarm???? So then it's mages to the rescue?? Hum...... guess Luna is.... Sc****d... Oh.... well you know they would probably be like everything else then too and do that lovely area dispell too..... so mages probably would NOT be able to save luna......

UP to the Tamers then..... but is there good loot on them? Cause without good loot on them you'll not get a tamer to come......

Oh.... maybe they could "loot" the vendors!..... *grins* And whoever kills them gets the spoils...... oH but wait then it would be like the magincia event and no one would do anything about them until after they had lured them to some good vendors waited till they killed the vendor and got all the spoils and THEN they would kill them.......

Thank goodness this is just a thought and not true cause you know there is no saving Luna if it were as very few really would do the virtuos thing and try not to lure and loot....

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is Luna still a problem? Admittedly I don't stop by very often, but it seems to me that the atmosphere there has really toned down over the past year since the last round of bannings.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now this would make a great hunt...

attack of the giant ants From Tram!!!!!

The only way to kill em is to nuke em with blackrock...

which in turn gives us Luna Rubble...

I like it :D
I'm with ya up to the rubble... but if Luna were destroyed, there would nowhere to SELL rubble. ;) Kinda a catch 22 there.

Now... for the Story-Arc...

At first, the vendor-owners are reluctant to take much action as they are all too busy pulling their stock off their vendors and loading it onto convoys to take it to safe storage. They admonish the warriors that initially flock to the town claiming that they aggravating the ants even more.

However, the greed of the vendors leads directly to the complete destruction of Luna as the delay in exterminating the ants, gives the next batch of mutated eggs time to hatch. The Greater Ants are now in the picture.

Like Maginica, there will be folks that deliberately lure ants towards a building hoping to gain some rubble after the destruction. But even worse, competing vendors will then try and draw Greater Ants from their own properties, specifically to destroy their competition.

In the end, the shame of the loss of Maginica will be nothing compared to the hatred and greed that will be seen in Luna.

A special feature of the invasion will be random spawing "Fel ruleset" combat zones. They will work as follows:

When people realize that most prosperous city in Sosaria is falling to ants, a general breakdown in order will cascade throughout the all lands of Sosaria. Random "Fellucia Zones" will spawn, signified by a brigand camp. Within these zones full PvP (Fel ruleset) is possible. No area of Trammel will be immune. When the brigand camp spawns, and is discovered by Fel scouts, reds can be gated into the zone. The special Fel zone might be a 50x50 radius and reds or flagged combatants will not be able to leave the area.

Vendor convoys trying to leave Luna by the South road will find themselves not only under attack by Brigands, but by highly experienced PvP warriors and reds. Even innocent folk trying to flee the ravaged cities will face the threat of murderers and thieves.

However, each brigand camp will spawn with a fixed number of brigands and when the NPC brigands are killed the camp will disappear and the "Fel Zone" reverts to tram ruleset. All reds within the zone are automatically teleported back to Buc's Den/Fellucia. This gives the brave Tramellian Warriors a chance to drive the Fellucian Horde back to twig and tombstone land.

Of course, if the Tramellian warriors succomb to greed and prefer to fight in Luna to build their fortunes from the loot of fallen ants... perhaps the Fel zones become permanent, or grow until they are dispelled. Obviously the longer a camp remains in place, the more Fellucians will know of it and once the NPC brigands are fully reinforced, it will be very difficult to close these zones.

Now since I've mentioned ant loot... here is a very nice piece that will cause the warriors to be overcome with greed.

Greater Ant Shield: +10 Parry, random resist mods, 2HPR. A unique feature of the Greater Ant Shield is that it enables the "Area Disarm" special attack that the Greater Ants use in combat. The affected radius would smaller than the Greater Ant, and there would be some limit to the number of times the special can be used before the shield wears out and becomes regular armor.

Anyway... if I win the lotto and buy UO from EA, that will be my first event.

How do you like it so far?

Safe Travels, Sam