• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Antique vs Brittle vs Prized Item Durability

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Question regarding the loss of durability on items. Obviously a clean (not antique) item will last the longer than antique, but most items that are legendary are antiques and drop durability fast. Out of all the different properties, which items last the longest, which ones decay the fastest, and what are the differences.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"clean" items will last forever because they can have powder of fortifying applied to them to bump them back to 255/255. This also includes reforged items that aren't imbued. It DOESN'T include jewels sadly.

Imbued / Brittle / Prized etc. will last a long time if taken care of but these CANNOT be powered only repaired.

Antique would drop durability fastest.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Prized will cost you to insure but otherwise it's great.

I won't bother with anything Cursed or Antique.... to me it's just garbage.

But Brittle is just like Imbued so... IMO it's ok.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i don't bother with anything cursed or antique. can't insure it or it wears out too fast (respectively). brittle does ok though and i'll use it.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Antique is just awful, seems almost every half decent loot item has this(on siege at least), not only does it wear very fast, it seems to wear over time without you actually taking damage.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agree with everything posted here.
  • Prized to me is basically clean, you just pay more when you die.
  • Brittle is identical to imbued, no reason at all not to use it to the fullest.
  • Antique and cursed usually get trashed or recycled, unless there is a seriously compelling set of stats on a particular item.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Antique is just awful, seems almost every half decent loot item has this(on siege at least), not only does it wear very fast, it seems to wear over time without you actually taking damage.
All the uber jewels are antique these days. It does seem to wear out when you are not even taking damage which kinda sucks.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I can't figure out the pattern for wear. My tunic / arms /gloves hardly ever get damaged, but I have to repair my jewelry and leggings every 3-4 hours.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another strategy with antique jewelry is if your a sampire to always carry a backup set of main, less sweet jewels to use during the weaker part of a spawn. Say on champ spawns when i near the last level i just switch out the jewels with the antique set real fast and max out my char for the battles you actually want to be at complete max template, IE the champion or peerless. Since you can powder them back up to 250 and then 200 you should be able to get some really good life out of the the Antique Jewels.

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So if I have a a ring that is clean (not antique,brittle or prized) 255/255 with SDI and MR on it and I imbue a few properties on it. It shouldnt wear out fast correct? Even thou its imbued... I just wouldn't be able to use POF and increase it back to 255 correct?

Sorry I know there are a couple questions in there

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So if I have a a ring that is clean (not antique,brittle or prized) 255/255 with SDI and MR on it and I imbue a few properties on it. It shouldnt wear out fast correct? Even thou its imbued... I just wouldn't be able to use POF and increase it back to 255 correct?

You are correct. You can imbue it and it shouldn't wear too quick. And No you can't repowder it.

As for repowdering Antique stuff... not worth the charges. I'd rather just using something decent that will keep.... with over 60 characters on my shard I honestly don't have time to be looking and scrutinizing over everyone suit.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yup. The only thing that wears out fast is antique. Everything else wears at the same rate as far as I know.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 almost identical antique bracelets on my bard. I switch them out as they wear down and so far they're not doing too badly. They need repairing pretty often, but none of the three are even close to wearing out.