• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Antique items for bards ?!?

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just went back to my bard trainee on Atlantic who was sitting there idle for months. Had some putrid heart / Despise dungeon points left and bought four (4) items off the Wisp at the entrance of Trammels Despise to boost a training suit for the guy. Pieces with mana regen, LMC & LRC stuff I was looking for.

Two pieces of jewelry and two suit pieces - all at 100 / 100 durability when bought.

When I began the training with one of the provocation bard mastery songs (inspire), my bard was at 93 provocation and 94 music - that was yesterday.

The guy just sits on his swampie in an Inn or on a ship with no fighting activity at all but 'he' is / was casting the inspire bard mastery song over and over and in the mean time, the durabiliy of the two jewel parts wore down to 48/48 and the two suit parts went to 55/55 durability while skills went up to 100.x music and 99.x provocation ...

Now I'm a bit worried if those pieces will make it before the bard reaches elder status ... heck, I find this kind of super fast 'wear down' - especially the reason why - a tad bit silly to be honest!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the antique pieces from the wisp still work like ephemerals. Only the name changed yet, not the mechanics behind it. Better bag those pieces until the next publish goes live.

This goes hand in hand with screwing up decay timers, EC item hovering, etc., etc. The dev team is a mess lately.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Antique items are meant to decay quickly, but can be powdered twice. I suggest you try powdering your items.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I believe these items are still ephemeral at prodo shards, but they are showing as antique due to a cliloc error.
They are behaving as ephemeral should behave, so powdering them won't work.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the antique pieces from the wisp still work like ephemerals. Only the name changed yet, not the mechanics behind it. Better bag those pieces until the next publish goes live.

This goes hand in hand with screwing up decay timers, EC item hovering, etc., etc. The dev team is a mess lately.
That seems to be true - I just tried to PoF them with no luck! ThankXXX everybody!

[EDIT]... BTW - I still think, that casting a provocation mastery song should NOT count the same as being hit by a spell or a melee attack! ....[/EDIT]

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That seems to be true - I just tried to PoF them with no luck! ThankXXX everybody!

[EDIT]... BTW - I still think, that casting a provocation mastery song should NOT count the same as being hit by a spell or a melee attack! ....[/EDIT]
I continue to prefer self repair items and items with no durability listing for training. I have never tried training in a suit that included Lt sash as part of the lrc component. But if I had, and it showed wear, I would be of a similar mindset. *nods*

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
another fail on the devs bad communication. i was also unsure if the current "antiques" still functioned like their "ephemeral" prepatch status. apparently they do, so still cant be used.

whats more interesting is that the game the game considers bard songs "combat" i wouldnt have thought that either.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bard songs are aggressive so why wouldnt they be considered combat?
the only one not being aggressive being peace of course.

here's a hint, go to fel and cast a bard mastery on a red and see what happens.
if he kills you its aggressive, if he dosnt then your suit is ok.
combat is combat, dosnt matter if your swinging a sword or swinging your lute.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bard songs are aggressive so why wouldnt they be considered combat?
the only one not being aggressive being peace of course.

here's a hint, go to fel and cast a bard mastery on a red and see what happens.
if he kills you its aggressive, if he dosnt then your suit is ok.
combat is combat, dosnt matter if your swinging a sword or swinging your lute.
he was casting inspire tho. maybe casting any spell on yourself, like bless, inspire, greater heal is considered combat. i had assumed it was only if you were in actual combat with a player or monster. anyway thats why ephemeral didnt work out. the real issue is that people are buying atiques, some paying very lage amounts of gold, assuming that since the name was changed the function was also changed. so currently its a bug, which should have been noted on the login screen.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I heard some people talking about selling those greater and legendary artifacts to stupid people as well. Must be a good deal.. for the one side :D I guess though they will just change mechanics after the pub goes live.

Next question would be: Will only the wisp be nerfed in future or will all ephemerals in game be nerfed (as people pointed out earlier they are awesome when changed to antique!)