• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Another Taming Mastery discussion) Player made publish notes!

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Doesn't take half a brain to make the taming mastery a lot more practical but would take a full brain to implement I'm sure, I just like throwing out ideas it may help you never know! Feel free to add your own :D

" Publish 98

yada yada halloween yada...

Taming mastery reworked:

Passives:
Boarding (unchanged)
Command offense/defense/guard - new pet commands once issued will change the AI of the pet to suit your needs, you can see the currently active mode by hovering over the pet (similar to "(Guarding)" in live).
  • Offense - Instructs the pet to perform damaging skills at an increased rate, scales with taming/lore
  • Defense - Instructs the pet to perform defensive/healing skills at an increased rate, scales with taming/lore
  • Guard - Improved guard, pet will attempt to stay 1 tile distance of tamer. Additionally pet has a chance to absorb x% of the damage the tamer would of taken as direct damage provided the bond of pet and tamer is of 2 tile distance. Chance to absorb is based off taming/lore.

Actives:
Whispering (unchanged)
Combat Training abilities and gump (removed)

Paragon Ascension - Your pet taps into the rare power of ilshenar and transforms into a Paragon for a short duration! max HP/HP values are unchanged, DEX value cannot exceed 190 but movement speed will be of paragon nature and current HP/Stamina value will not slow down the pet's movement speed. Cooldown of ability decreased based off taming and lore skill.

Unrivaled Bond - *insert young sean connery pic* Increases the HCI/DCI/Resistances (curse/bleed/poison mortal wound) of the pet depending on it's current instruction state (offense/defense/guard). Additionally the tamer gets half of these bonuses. Consumes mana while active. HCI/DCI/Resistances scale with taming and lore skill.

"

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The paragon ascension one sounds like a pretty interesting idea, it would be fun having a paragon pet.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ye I think it's very fun, deserving of real 120 tame/lore skill. I would just like a skill from tamers that would make pets jump at people in pvp, would probably need paragon intelligence buff toned down by a lot seeing how pets with magery/necro have an ok effectiveness in pvp already.

Anyway time to give up hope AGAIN of good and fun balance in an mmo I really enjoy. If I want to pvp I play Tekken 7 ^^