• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Survery For All The Rare Collectors Out There! Now Includes Current Results!

G

This one is real brief guys! You can reply to this thread with your answers, or PM them to me. Please no ICQS!

1. Are you a New, Returning, Veteran Collector, Rare Trader, Veteran Trader?

A. New (You've been collecting note worthy rares for 6 months or less)

B. Returning (You've taken a leave of absence from uo or the rares community for 6 months or longer)

C. Amateur (You've been collecting note worthy rares for 6 months to 1 year)

D. Veteran (You have collected note worthy rares for at least 1 year and have been active continuously through that time, or for the vast majority of it)

E. Rare Trader (You may collect, but you purchase many items for the express purpose of reselling them for a profit)

F. Veteran Trader (Must meet the stipulations of both D & E)

**If anyone would like further clarification of any category, or would like them to be more specified please let me know.

2. What shard is your museum/collection currently located on?

3. Is you collection considered a museum by the standards of this forum?
(25 items consisting of rubble, event rares, seer items, server births, holiday statues, etc)

4. If you could have any one item, that is known to currently still exist what would it be?

5. If you knew that an item had been duped in the past would it prevent you from purchasing it if offered to you?

(your answer must contain one of the 3 following words "yes", "no", or "undecided")

G

F. Veteran Trader (Must meet the stipulations of both C & D)

Lake Superior

(25 items consisting of rubble, event rares, seer items, server births, holiday statues, etc)

A collection as the pieces I currently plan to keep do not equal 25, if you do not include the pieces i have available for sale.

4. If you could have any one item, that is known to currently still exist what would it be?
Crown of Tal'Keesh

5. If you knew that an item had been duped in the past would it prevent you from purchasing it if offered to you?
At this time no, but I would be picky about what I would purchase and from whom

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
D) Veteran Trader

Great Lakes

Holiday Statues and Sirver Birth Rares

Chief Orc Helm

i am undecided.

R

RestlessLA

A. new

Lake Austin

I believe so

quite a few id like to have, but probably the protector or tongue of the beast

no

G

B. Returning

Spread between Atlantic/Chesapeake/Baja

Yes, mostly EM event items, rubble, and misc. rares

Romanticist in Arirang (blaze lantern)

Undecided. It highly depends on who the seller is. I prefer to buy my items from established and respectable members of the UO community.

I

imported_xtashin

Veteran Collector

Lake Superior Glow gate/tram

Not sure..

The original blackrock & Barber scissors..cant decide on one..

Yes the idea of someone unearthing a bag of an item i thought was rare isnt cool

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards

D. Veteran (You have collected note worthy rares for at least 1 year and have been active continuously through that time, or for the vast majority of it)

Drachenfels

I'm getting closer, but I'm not quite there yet. I'd also like to know which rubbles do count as rare?

Wood Curls or Knitting

Yes, probably.

G

D. Veteran Collector

Chesapeake

3. Is your collection considered a museum by the standards of this forum?
Yes

Wind Spirit

No

G

Amateur collector - I've been seriously collecting note worthy rares for about a year +/-.

Europa

Yes, just.

Horse dung

Yes

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Veteran Collector

Europa (2 houses)

Probably both qualify on their own, certainly both together do.

Horse Dung.

No. Duping in the past does not mean the item I am buying is necessarily a dupe.

G

1. D
2. Baja
3. Sure
4. Knitting...or perhaps the hanging raw duck/chicken whatever it is.
5. I refuse to buy suspected dupes for any cost nor from people others have told me is a duper.

G

--Rare Trader

--Pacific

--Yes

--Lily Shroud or Cebo Shroud

--No

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

I don't see how this survey of yours is any different to your previous one.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
E. Veteran Trader (Must meet the stipulations of both C & D)

Legends

Yes

Red 2 Story statues, (there on chessy at some castle, cant remember where)

No offence but this one is kinda dumb hehe, 85-90% of the items in the game have most definitely been duped

But, no it wouldn't prevent me from buying as long as the price is right

I

imported_tek

C. Amateur (You've been collecting note worthy rares for 6 months to 1 year) – I’ve been collecting for a couple years but I’m pretty casual about it and have only really started to increase my collection since the summer.

Lake Austin

I don’t know, maybe just lol. Its more my personal collection of cool crap

Magic Door or Circle Tarot

No, Probably not but might depend on what its and who’s selling it.

I

imported_Moslar

Are you a New, Returning, Veteran Collector, Rare Trader, Veteran Trader?

Returning Collector

Pacific Shard, NorthWest Corner of Luna, 4 story white structure - name on house sign is Pacific Promenade and Museum - owner Moslar

Yes

Yew Tree

That depends on price now and the trader - yes

R

rajadeah

E. Veteran Trader (Must meet the stipulations of both C & D)

Veteran Collector.

Catskills north Luna inside the walls.

Yes.

Scaffold set, or a Plough set

Yes.

G

Gwen there are similar question and some overlap as well as some differences, but if you do not wish to take it then dont bother.

There was a point in it being posted though.

G

A. New (You've been collecting note worthy rares for 6 months or less)

Napa Valley, Still a work in progress

3. Is you collection considered a museum by the standards of this forum? Yes.

Obi Di Ense

Undecided

T

TirNaNog

D. Veteran Collector

Lake Superior

Yes.. but I'd like to know what rubble pieces qualify as rares?

Fire rubble or tarot card circle

No

S

Sorcon Gartius

E. Veteran Trader (Though mostly w/ just specific people)

Legends (But it's Private)

Yeah, definitely.

Shroud of Tal'Keesh, that blue robe. Or the ARI. Something you don't see people wearing everyday.

No, I'd just pay less.

G

E

Oceania

No, but It could be if I didn't sell them.

The asian crimson (Butcher of Jhelom?)

No.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The asian crimson (Butcher of Jhelom?)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's from Great Lakes...

G

Really? Is that the full apron with same stats as crimson? Someone told me it originated on an asian shard and is on their still.

G

I've heard there was one released on an Asian shard as well, I've also heard there was one released on an Asian shard with mr instead of hpr, but I do know that the Butcher of Jhelom is from GL.

S

StarlaUO

2. What shard is your museum/collection currently located on? Oceania

3. Is you collection considered a museum by the standards of this forum? Yes

4. If you could have any one item, that is known to currently still exist what would it be? + 50 luck royal guard boots

Yes, it will deter me from buying but its hard to tell what is not duped these days.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<font color="green">C. Amateur (You've been collecting note worthy rares for 6 months to 1 year)</font>

<font color="green">Atlantic.</font>

<font color="green">No.</font>

<font color="green">"Bottles Of Special SCT One Year Anniversary Reserve Vintage" (3-in-1 connected green wine bottles, only one exists and it is GM-locked-down, so not sure how obtainable that would be. If not that, then maybe one of those 4-in-1 connected Sapewine bottles things.)</font color=green>

<font color="green">No. One must run on the assumption that every item ever has been duped, as actually verifying, 100%, that an item has not been duped is nearly impossible, or at the very least would drive you insane. Now, if someone walked up to me and said "Here is an item it is a dupe", I would not buy it. ...Unless it was really cheap. (j/k)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Laina

Veteran

Legends

Yes

Brush with handle

Yes, if I knew the specific item I was offered was a dupe

G

F. Veteran Trader

Europa

Got enough items to satisfy the requirements, however they are no longer assembled in one collection and are lent to friends etc. I also keep some special collections for myself in my private homes.

I would like to re-acquire the Red Book of Truth, as it is the only item I miss owning.

Undecided

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, although this question isn't quite relevant as most everything has been duped and unlike shrouds and such is undetectable.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question didn't ask for your personal opinions, nor are you correct as there are many unique items which have not been duped, as well as many items which are not unique that have also not been duped.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

<font color="purple"> C. Amateur</font>

<font color="purple"> J ~ Legends</font>

<font color="purple"> yes</font>

<font color="purple"> bird's nest</font>

(your answer must contain one of the 3 following words "yes", "no", or "undecided")

<font color="purple"> undecided </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

The question didn't ask for your personal opinions, nor are you correct as there are many unique items which have not been duped, as well as many items which are not unique that have also not been duped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why you decided to come down on me for my opinions when others gave theirs as well, but I've retracted my participation. If you need to speak with me, please send me a PM as I will not be checking this thread. Good luck with your survey. *smiles*