• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Suggestion for Vamp Form

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not tie Vampiric Forms life leech to Spirit Speak? Just like Mana Leech works for Wraith.
Spirit Speak over 100 could apply a small bonus to life leech.

Good, Bad, or Stupid what do you think?

C

Connor_Graham

Why? What purpose would it serve to further nerf this spell?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, and why not base it on focus... and magic res for the garlic damage... oh yes I forgot item id for wear weapons... and why not, maybe they can put camping if you want log out, else your char will stay there forever...

stop nerf the warriors! they need already a lot of skills and if they add the need of spirit speak it will be the end of this class...

Let's see what skills need a warrior

- Combat skill
- tactics (without tactics cant do specials)
- chivalry
- parrying (is a nice defence bonus)
- res spell (without this a mage can kill you quickly)
- necro (a good pvm war need a lot of life leech, and necro give this opportunity)
- bushido (a good pvm war need to do a lot of damage, lightning strike give this opportunity

we are at 7 skills all at 100 now, without focus that can be very usefull (I think noone has it, there is no space...), what we can say about healing and anatomy?.
So tell me, where can I put spirit speak?

now let's see a necro mage what need:

magery
eval
necro
spirit
medit
res spell

6 skill and we had all that we need for a nice mage, and you can add spellweaving or inscription or wrestling without problem.
and dont forget that a mage can do a lot of damage more than a warrior without miss a shot....

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco the reason to tie it to Spirit Speak would be its Necromancy Modifier Skill. Wraith Form with SS over 100 gets a small bonus to its Mana Leech.

Connor it would be to give Necros that use VE a boost. What would be the Point of taking 99 Necro at this point? Since, were going to have atleast that much necro to cast, & keep. Why not tie to SS, & give a little boost over its Current effectiveness? If it works for Wraith Form it should work for VE to.

Look at this way it rewards those that go the Necro Route.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this will be a greater malus... 100 more skill points to add in a template that cannot take more skills... if they dont raise the total skillcap its all unusefull.

Try to make a warrior, take a party and go to face shimmering effusion... you will take 60-70 of damage every second with a full 70 armor, you will need about 3 mages that cross heal on you costantly if you want stay alive... No potions or bandage can save you, only a huge life leech and you must not miss or you are gone.

Try with a mage, he can stay far from this beast, and if he know how to play this char, he will take no risk... but can do 80-90 of damage...

maybe this situation is balanced in pvp but in pvm there are a lot of problems...

C

Connor_Graham

Connor it would be to give Necros that use VE a boost.
Again, for what purpose? It works just fine the way it is right now. Why should the spell be changed to require yet another skill be added to a template that's already cramped as hell?

What would be the Point of taking 99 Necro at this point? Since, were going to have atleast that much necro to cast, & keep. Why not tie to SS, & give a little boost over its Current effectiveness?
Wraith form is completely different from Vamp form. It has a much lower requirement to cast, so involves much less skill points to utilize. The addition of Spirit Speak balances that out.

If it works for Wraith Form it should work for VE to.
No, it won't.

Look at this way it rewards those that go the Necro Route.
No it doesn't. It hurts them more than helps.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he didnt say to make it require ss, he said if you had it at 100 to give you a bonus.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still not a good thing... because only warriors may need this kind of skill and they cant use it... the result is a waste of the devs time...

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still not a good thing... because only warriors may need this kind of skill and they cant use it... the result is a waste of the devs time...
Correction: Only warriors who want the best of everything without having to pay for it need this kind of skill. I know ALOT of necro/dexers who run 50 Necro/120 SS to do wraith-form leeching (and it isnt a LITTLE bonus, by the way ... if you have no SS you leech next to nothing in wraith form), and of course they take benefit of Curse Weapon and other low end necro spells. Some have bushido, most dont - it really isnt necessary. Can you imagine if they had incentive to take their necro higher?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because taking 100 points out of a warrior's template just to make him even with tamers, archers and mages wasn't enough...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a warrior with wraith form and you cant compete againist monster like shimmering effusion. I dont say to solo it, but with a party I need 3 mages that heal me for stay alive and sometimes is not enough...

but here we are speaking about VE and it require 99 skill point not 50 like wraith...

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not going to get much love from most of the posters this week.

They're still bum hurt about the change that no longer allows them to get something for nothing.

Funny thing is if you read their posts, in one breathe they'll cry a river about the change and then proceed to tell you how it won't effect the power of their character one bit.

The whole thing makes me LOL.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not tie Vampiric Forms life leech to Spirit Speak? Just like Mana Leech works for Wraith.
Spirit Speak over 100 could apply a small bonus to life leech.

Good, Bad, or Stupid what do you think?
Stupid. The spell already has a 99 necro requirement to cast. Anyone who still uses this spell after the upcoming change will have SS anyway.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Stupid. The spell already has a 99 necro requirement to cast. Anyone who still uses this spell after the upcoming change will have SS anyway.
What you don't think people won't simply use a soulstone to flush SS off their templates when they adjust their sampires?

C

Connor_Graham

Partly accurate. For example, I just finished off reworking some skills to swap out for SS when I don't need it. GM Anatomy, Resist, and SS are all interchangeable depending on what I'm fighting.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Partly accurate. For example, I just finished off reworking some skills to swap out for SS when I don't need it. GM Anatomy, Resist, and SS are all interchangeable depending on what I'm fighting.
Most people will not be building another template around 99 necromancy with no SS. That would just be a big waste of 99 skill. Think however you will, you are what is referred to as anomoly...

Party accurate? pffft!

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I should rephrase it. Let Spirit Speak enhance Life Leech ability of VE. In its current form its fine. After the changes no its not.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you don't think people won't simply use a soulstone to flush SS off their templates when they adjust their sampires?

No...I dont. Again...if you wish to waste 99 skill points simply to use vamp form be my guest.

C

Connor_Graham

Most people will not be building another template around 99 necromancy with no SS. That would just be a big waste of 99 skill. Think however you will, you are what is referred to as anomoly...

Party accurate? pffft!
Well, I guess "anomoly" is a lot better than some of the things I've been called here. :D

Granted, not many people have a bunch of soulstones they can use to swap skills out like that, but it is a viable option that I take full advantage of.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I guess "anomoly" is a lot better than some of the things I've been called here. :D

Granted, not many people have a bunch of soulstones they can use to swap skills out like that, but it is a viable option that I take full advantage of.
I wasnt being negative...saying you are an anomoly just states that you are thinking outside of the box. I agree this is a viable option however most will not, seeing as to the amount of skill being spent just to use one (*and only one) spell.

*and only one - most spells are useless without SS. with the exception of forms and curse wep...which has limited use without SS

C

Connor_Graham

I wasnt being negative...saying you are an anomoly just states that you are thinking outside of the box. the exception of forms and curse wep...which has limited use without SS
Oh I know. I was just "funnin'", as they say here in Texas.

All in all though, I will say it only took 2 1/2 days to make the complete changeover to the new template(s). The only thing that took some time doing was getting my karma back up to Glorious level after dropping from there all the way to Dread Lord. I had to take a screen shot of that one. This is the first time ANY of my characters hit Dread status.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Party accurate? pffft!

*Ahem*

Hey cowboy shows what you know. I have now soloed the doom gauntlet with 100 necro, 0 healing and with both variants. Couple times with anatomy and a couple times with spirit speak. I'm favoring the template without SS because I dont care for the karma loss I get with curse weapon.

Stop playing noob templates in UO and go out and make some warriors and get some experience under your belt before you open your foothole. kthx

Restroom cowboy. Do you have a wide stance?