• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another SDI question

G

GreekHero

Returning to PVP player and I am very confused.

I will post my template first:
120 magery, med, eval, spell resist, wrestling
100 inscription
20 focus

The questions below are for PVP purposes only.

1. What in the world is max sdi from items (in PVP)? I thought it is 15% but when I test some harms with scrappers on i seem to be doing +1 point of damage.
2. Should I drop focus to 0? Does it affect my pure mage SDI? Can someone explain what a focused template means?
3. Whats should my stats be in this template? I understand that int means more SDI, should I go for say 150 int?

Thanks!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Returning to PVP player and I am very confused.
1. What in the world is max sdi from items (in PVP)? I thought it is 15% but when I test some harms with scrappers on i seem to be doing +1 point of damage.
2. Should I drop focus to 0? Does it affect my pure mage SDI? Can someone explain what a focused template means?
3. Whats should my stats be in this template? I understand that int means more SDI, should I go for say 150 int?

1. Taken from UOGuide.com

"While this property is capped at 15% for PvP, the cap further increases from 15% to 30% for templates having no more than 30 modified skill points in another main skill like Magery, Necromancy, Mysticism, Ninjitsu, Bushido, Animal Taming, Musicianship, Chivalry and Spellweaving. For PvE there is no cap on spell damage, so pack it on."

2. Focus has no effect on SDI (It helps with stamina and mana regen). Maybe casting focus?

3. My mage / mystic I run 150 intel, 10dex and the rest in strength.

Last edited:

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
"While this property is capped at 15% for PvP, the cap further increases from 15% to 30% for templates having no more than 30 modified skill points in another main skill like Magery, Necromancy, Mysticism, Ninjitsu, Bushido, Animal Taming, Musicianship, Chivalry and Spellweaving.
WTH does that mean?

Is that saying that if you only have 1 of the skills listed above (with none of the others above 30) that the cap is actually 30%?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically SDI Cap in PvP is 30% from items
This Cap is lowered to 15% you have 30 or more skill points in ADDITIONAL main or dependent skills.

So if you have Magery and Eval only OR Mystic and Focus only OR Necro and Spirit Speak only OR Spell Weaving only, your SDI Cap is 30% from items.
If you have Magery and Eval and 30 or more in (focus, necro, mystic, spirit speak, spell weaving, chivalry, musicianship, animal taming, ninjitsu, bushido, etc) your SDI Cap is lowered to 15%

GM Scribe will give an additional 10% not subject to the item cap limitations. (So GM scribe can take you to 40% focused or 25% hybrid)

If you have 20 focus, it will not lower your item SDI cap to 15%.

Last edited:

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So 120 Magery and 120 Eval and nothing in the aforementioned skills and the cap is 30%.... No kidding huh.
Basically a benefit to play melee\wrestling mage, pure necro dexer, mystic dexxer, mystic thrower... ect where the bonus + burst damage is a playable template again... Best example, Mystic thrower that does spell plage bombard trigger with AI and so on..... that 15% is pretty big.

Last edited:

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Interesting, they must have changed that in the last 3 years?

Doesn't change anything for my PvP mage. Chivalry is more important than that 15%.

I don't see alot of templates that can take advantage of it (your Mystic Thrower example, I'd assume 30+ Chiv being on that template would void the 30%).

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't need to run Chiv. You can heal just fine with Mysticism along with healing stones.......

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I like maxing out SDI and the bonus damage options. Really fun to drop a Flame strike for 50+ damage in PvP, and contributing to my opponents WTF moments. If you are playing with a group, its doubly fun Omen + FS and see those damage numbers shoot into sky.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I like maxing out SDI and the bonus damage options. Really fun to drop a Flame strike for 50+ damage in PvP, and contributing to my opponents WTF moments. If you are playing with a group, its doubly fun Omen + FS and see those damage numbers shoot into sky.

Exactly, brings back the old mage dexxer template hehe.

With mystic you can ramp that up with mysticism spells and then finish with the transition to grey screen with A multiple Armor ignore proc on someone.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If you have Magery and Eval and 30 or more in:

focus
necro
mystic
spirit speak
spell weaving
chivalry
musicianship
animal taming
ninjitsu
bushido
Is this the complete list?

Really considering dropping my 50 Chiv in order to get 30% SDI.

Also can anyone tell me does 50 Inscrib give a 5% SDI bonus above the item cap?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't remember the scribe formula, but I think it started at 1% per 5 points in scribe above 50. (So 55 would give you 1% up to 10% at GM).

The skills that factor the "focused" effect
Magery/Evalint
Mysti/Focs/Imbuing
Necro/SS
Bushido
Music/Provo/Peace/Disco
Spell Weaving
Chiv
Ninjitsu
Taming/Lore

Not sure if Hiding/Stealth Factored in to those, but I know weapon skill and poisoning don't.
So as long as you only have one set of skill groups you get the 30% cap.

Since you aren't really relying on Chiv you may want to try out running around with the 29.9 Chiv and seeing how it works out for you. You'll fail curses a bit more often but since you weren't guaranteed removal with 50 anyway, it may work for you.

My time has been short lately but I've been thinking of going 29.9 Necro/SS to see what would happen with 30 SDI, GM Scribe, and Flame strike after I've omened someone. And I'd still be able to hit a nice pain strike after too.

Last edited:

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thanks bud.

I'm still debating what I feel like doing, but you've certainly cleared up any confusion I was having.

I know this is an old thread. Has parry been added to the list that would effect focused casting?
just to clarify....focused casting is 30% sdi item cap while unfocused casting is 20% sdi item cap?