• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another scammer?

N

nodgree

I just had a sim come to my store asking if "E-A Parizad" (*spelling?) visited our store? When I asked y, she said she had came to her and said she needed to borrow her cannons and pink poodle to check to see if they were duplicated. This sim, thinking the other was in EA's employ, traded the rares and poof, the other sim was gone. Has anyone else had an encounter with the fake parizad?

M

MrMiagi

In every game I know impersonating staff means you get banned, the person should get their stuff back, it was obviously a scam.

I

imported_rpsky3

no ea employee would ask for rares or anything of the sort in game, so i would say it would be a scam. i have seen that person in game one time and it is a new sim 0 days old. there are a few others that are out to try and pretend to be her as well with E-A also in the name and they are not her, remember, our devs and ea employess will never ask that from us.

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

no ea employee would ask for rares or anything of the sort in game, so i would say it would be a scam. i have seen that person in game one time and it is a new sim 0 days old. there are a few others that are out to try and pretend to be her as well with E-A also in the name and they are not her, remember, our devs and ea employess will never ask that from us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured it was a scam. I just wanted to get her name out there and let everyone know to watch out.

I

imported_LFancey

Already "regulated" this one along with the others associated with this one.

Cheers,
Lee

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

Cheers,
Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Woohoo. Lee has brought another sim to justice

G

Indeed. An E-Aparized just came to my house...said she had to have my trees back..they had been hacked. I said I've had these trees forever..they came from AV. She said they had been hacked...and wanted the trees back, and would replace them with three new ones. Said I would be kicked off the game if I did not cooperate. Gave the name of Rasheed as someone she had just helped...who answered my IM WAY too quickly. I told them both I felt they were scammers and left the game.

Good Grief people..get a grip. Get these people OUT of the game!

G

No one is regulated...they are still operating, and using your name too, by the way.

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

Indeed. An E-Aparized just came to my house...said she had to have my trees back..they had been hacked. I said I've had these trees forever..they came from AV. She said they had been hacked...and wanted the trees back, and would replace them with three new ones. Said I would be kicked off the game if I did not cooperate. Gave the name of Rasheed as someone she had just helped...who answered my IM WAY too quickly. I told them both I felt they were scammers and left the game.

Good Grief people..get a grip. Get these people OUT of the game!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you report them in game?

G

One way to see if you are really dealing with an EA Employee would be to check to see if they live on the EA Island. Nobody can live on that island but devs. Also, odds are they won't be asking for anything through trade mode, as they have the power to take whatever they need to.

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

One way to see if you are really dealing with an EA Employee would be to check to see if they live on the EA Island. Nobody can live on that island but devs. Also, odds are they won't be asking for anything through trade mode, as they have the power to take whatever they need to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just check to see if they live at EA Town Hall or not, lol.

I

imported_LFancey

cat9201,

That one has been "regulated" as well. I just regulated 12 accounts associated with this. That E-AParizad was different from E-A Parizad and on different accounts. They are now gone.

Name changes will not help. These issues will be dealt with severly and harshly.

Thanks

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

Hi,

EA employees will never ask you for your passwords. We do interact with you in game but our names are well known and all have Maxis(ourname). I would rather have you act supisious over MaxisLee and request confirmation from me than see you get taken by people who are attempting to scam you.

Please be careful. Offers that are too good to be true are.

Thanks

Lee

B

brendagfrie

I am so happy to hear that this has been dealt with so swiftly....wtg Lee!!! Hope we can get rid of all these scammers, some of them are really clever and very good at making you believe them...they seem to always get me, I think I am on their list of favorite targets.

Great job and a major W00T!!!!

D

DGLita

It is very comforting to see that the devs are taking the issue of scamming seriously, and dealing with the scammers quickly.

I

imported_rpsky3

Thank You Devs. It is comforting to see and know that you are out there watching out for us. People will learn the hard way! Thank You!

G

It's simple. If ANYONE comes to you and asks for ANYTHING... ignore and report to Dev's through the in game reporting tool. It has been said time and time again, but if the dev's need to take something away from you, they don't need you to trade them for it. Common sense people. We all know this, but he new players don't. We need to inform them to stop them from being scammed.

By the way... Scammers... come see me. I would love to give you a piece of my mind... lol

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Cheers,
Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Job!
I hope the sim who got scammed got their stuff back!

D

donnallg

No but my friend had an IM from someone named E-A Employee.

Lee seen my post about it and hopefully got the guy.

I hope it's not the same person.