• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Another returning T-hunter

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I decided to pop in after just over a year break. Randomly picked my T-hunter and noticed a very obvious change...the different map titles.
I did my research, did my searching. And overall I am enjoying the new change. I seem to get a ton more of legendary artifacts now, of course they always end up in the soul forge but that's neither here nor there.
But I want to make sure I'm understanding some things correctly...
1. you cannot train the disarm timer away on higher maps? This is probably the most annoying aspect of the new changes for me. Yeah, wee. they managed to incorporate an unused skill, and I don't disagree...popping boxes to set traps seemed kinda cheaty to me. buuuttt...you can't train the skill so well that you can successfully use it? Ok, the timer is 'reduced' with higher skill. Am I understanding this correctly?
2. on the annoying disarm timer, it is completely random? With 0 skill I did maps ranging from the new 1 to the new 5, multiple of each. The disarm time on a level 2 box was almost as long as the level 4. the level 3 I'd bet was as long as a 5. The only difference I noticed was that I failed more on the higher level maps. failed twice on a 5 and once on a 4. Other than that the timer and damage done per pulse seemed to be very similar on all maps. Was this just a RNG experience or does this sound accurate?
3. No more lesser arti's? No more little green bags?? I'm mixd on this one...I was collecting them, just...because. No real use for them anymore other than turn in points (if those are still useful). I've found a couple random..things? legendary mapmaker glasses for example. That's nice but I liked the guaranteed win!
4. The new loot bags...Do these decay over time in storage, as in I loot it and put it in a container in my house for future use. Or perhaps I load it with legendary artifacts due for the soul forge and toss it in a container in said house. I thought I had one disappear but I've had several others not so I'm thinking I just misplaced?
5. The mysterious fragments. From all I've seen they're still in the Mysterious phase? I did about 20 maps over the weekend and have 130ish of these things. I read about them being dropped at shrines but not really what they do, so guessing still a puzzle?
and lastly 6. What is with the skull sword and octopus necklace? Are these just fluff? Are there more? Once I was back in the groove, I wasn't really paying attention to what I was looting but those two caught my attention. Made me wonder if there was anything I may have skimmed past...

Thanks for the time!

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I can't really help you with 1-4
however, 5, the mysterious fragments are useful. they are used for the shrine battles now.
6, those are deco items (fluff). However, there are a lot more of those things, plus a skull tile floor deed, which looks pretty cool.

Hopefully, someone can help you with the 1-4 questions. Again sorry I couldn't

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
1 & 2 - I'm still unclear as to the exact workings of the disarm timer, but I know that it is supposed to be longer for each level; like 1 minute for Stash, and like 10 minutes for Trove (don't quote me on the times, but I know it is longer). I have 98 Disarm, and with Hoard chests, I sometimes get 1 spawn...depending on how long it took me to kill the initial spawn. I've only gotten two Trove chests, but it took so long to kill all the spawn solo, that the timer was well beyond the limit.

3 - I have gotten a couple lesser Artis (Dread Pirate Hat, Burglar's Bandana) from chests, but I couldn't tell you which chests they were. But they are not very common.

4 - they are just like any other bag. I sell some on a vendor, but mostly gather junk loot from the chests in them to turn in for Cleanup points. Or throw them on the ground and let them decay.

5 - There is a whole thread on the Mysterious Fragments. Short version: no one is really sure yet. There is some sort of tie-in with the shrines and saying the proper mantra, but it isn't much..at least not yet.

6 - Skull sword is just an alternate graphic version of a longsword. There is also a Skull gnarled staff...just an alternate graphic, as well. Octopus necklace I haven't gotten yet. There are supposedly nine types, which implies some tie-in with the nine standard gems.

Hope that helps

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The mysterious fragments are known now - it takes 8 of the correct color to start a shrine battle.

And one of the things with the Skull items is that they come in two forms - a piece of regular loot (with regular boot bonuses - can be artifacts). and another form that is TOTALLY CLEAN BUT EXCEPTIONAL (with no DI), for optimal Imbuing/Reforging.