• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Post On GM+ tailoring!!

R

Radazak

This is a great thread. Im gaining well off the info. Thanks for the post.

S

sigarr

What is the use of going to 120 in Tailoring? Anything over GM ONLY gives you a slightly Higher % chance of SUCCESS in MAKING the item in the first place. It does NOTHING insofar as giving you a BETTER Quality item with Higher Stats/Resists nor does it have ANY effect on ENHANCING an item. ( See appropriate posts on Stratics by Mr Tact and Hanse on that aspect).

So,WHY then would anyone spend several Million gold to first buy the +20 Power Scroll and then spend 100K in Leather and Bones to get to Legendary?

B

Bolvai

For alot of people..myself included. I wanted the satisfaction/gratification of having a legendary smith/tailor. Being a gm tailor is fine but I like to always strive for the best as I am sure most do. We all like to set goals for ourselves and achieve them no matter what the cost.

In addition it is much less costly to fill the exceptional studded and bone bods.

<blockquote><hr>

Anything over GM ONLY gives you a slightly Higher % chance of SUCCESS in MAKING the item in the first place

<hr></blockquote>

You say that the difference is nominal which leads me to believe that you do not know the exact difference between the two. My gm tailor has a 64% chance to make exceptional leather tunic which is just plain foolish of me to take that chance if I am using a runic kit. He has a 17% chance to make exceptional studded tunic...we wont even explore that one.

Now my 120 tailor can make exceptional leather tunics at 100%(thats a 36% chance increase which is not "slightly higher" its alot higher). Now I can, if I feel lucky choose to make some runic studded armor(most likely I wont even try heh) and with that I have a 57% chance to make it exceptional while not only can my gm tailor fail to make it all together, he also has 40% less chance to make it exceptional.

<blockquote><hr>

It does NOTHING insofar as giving you a BETTER Quality item with Higher Stats/Resists

<hr></blockquote>

With the increased chance to make exceptional armor (which adds resist) when using a runic I would say that it does influence the quality of items that you can produce.

With that in mind I am not sure why you argue that it does nothing for you.

Btw...which shard are you on where they still go for millions? they sell on atlantic for like 400k heh.

G

Actually, it is very useful. No it does not help with enhancing, but as others have said, it is very useful when using runic kits. I am sorry, but i am not going to waste one of the 15 charges on a barbed runic just to get a non-exceptional leather tunic. And it also saves quite a bit in bones when filling up exceptional lbods. It adds up. As far as the costs of getting there, +20 tailor scrolls are really quite common. If you do BODs, you should have no trouble getting them. If you don't do BODs they are not very expensive at all. I have a hard time selling them for 400k on Baja. To get to 120, many people, myself included, used about 60k leather to get to 115 and the aos gift to skip the bones. I think I have actually saved money by going to 120, because i can fill out BODs easier.

S

sigarr

ALL Points are well taken. This being My FIRST Crafts Type Char I just didn't see the Forest for the BIG TREE that was in my way(heh). Thanks for taking the time to answer in such an informative way. I appreciate it. Now IF only I can find a +20 Power Scroll for A price I can afford. BTW- I play on the Chesapeake Shard-last one I saw --Several Weeks ago- was 2 Mil. I will try checking again but I paid 350K for a +15 Then. Then it dawned on me-buying a +15 was a total Waste of Gold. Ah well, MAYBE I will LUCK out and find a +20 On Chessy for 400K.
Thanks again.

B

Bolvai

Heh ...you arent alone. I paid more for my 15 tailor(800k) then I did for my 20 tailor(free!from a pal of mine). Good Luck!

K

Kavorka

Hello folks!!!
I am new to this board, but I thought I would share what works for me. I use the formula that Bolvai uses with just a slight twist. (thank you for saving me from doing the Studded Tunics) I think the one thing that is being overlooked in post 100 skill gains is the time issue...OSI has always been big on using time as a barrier. That being said I decided to make a macro that creates 1 item every 1 minute to spread out the usage of leather. Its still early in my experiment but so far I have gained .3 in a little over an hour using only 400 leather. If you consider the fact that each day when you first log on you can usually get a gain within 10 minutes using about 300 - 500 leather. My current skill is at 106.9 making studded gloves at the moment. Ill post in the future as to the sucess of this method. *crosses fingers*

T

T.Hunter

I didn't see many gains per hides posts past 110 so heres mine.

Started at 112 ended at 112.8. Used 5500 hides I recycled everything.
~ 688 hides per .1 (made only studded legs)

Just for reference my gains at 112 were slow took 4.5k in hides to get to 112.4 then all of the sudden i got a nice rush with the last 1k so dont get discouraged.

Ps. Thanks for this guide very helpful ill try to remember to post the rest of my gains but at 115 im using my +5 like some others ive seen it seems well worth it. I used one of others to skip from 95 to gm lockpicking saved me months hehehe. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Good luck to all and thanks for reading.

S

sigarr

Wonder of Wonders! I just happened on a Player named "Sir Fist" Tuesday who sold me a +20 Tailoring Scroll for 375K. Then I ran around most all of Yesterday buying Hides-ended up with a total of 33,761 I also bought 240 Sewing Kits -Wish I knew a GM Tinker cause cause mostly what you get from NPC's are 25,30,and a smidgin of 40,50,60,&amp; a few rare 70 Sewing Kits.
I am going by Your Guide and started on Studded Georgets. I only had a few mins left to play when I began but I am now 100.7 Plan on starting up again this Morning in just a few mins. Will Post my results as I progress along.
BTW- about how far will I get on 33,761 Hides? I feel sure that is not going to be enough to get me to 115 ( then I plan on using AoS Gift to get to 120-Hopefully BEFORE they withdrawn the Offer) but I am strapped for cash at the moment.

T

T.Hunter

112.8 to 115 made only studded legs took me 10600 leather recycled everything. powered right though hope this helps someone else /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

sigarr

From 100.0 to 103.7 ( studded Georgets) 14,682 Hides=544 per gain.
From 103.7 to 107.9 ( studded Gloves) 19,376 Hides=461 per gain
From 107.9 to 111.7 (studded Sleeves) 20,885 Hides=549 per gain
From 111.7 to 115.0 (studded leggings) 16,728 Hides=507 per gain
Total # Hides to reach 115= 71,672 an average of 478 per gain.
My thanks to Bolvai for the Guide.

Used My AoS "gift" to get to 120. I am now a LEGENDARY Tailor.
Without that "Gift" I can only Imagine (with Horror) how much more TIME,Hides and BONES I would have consumed to get that last 5 Points!

F

Fig

Just made Legendry by using +5 Skill:

Something I found set Dex and intelligence up every time I gained a stat I gained a point of Tailoring, also directly after at around 113 for some reason i used to gain 2 directly after each other with a stat gain.

I made the things in the guide but when I got really stuck I either killed my self swapped to a different server or made the item one thing above what i should be making.

I did each batch per 1000 leather and first put 300 hides in a recycle box (uo assist needed). I then made the item on guide until all leather was used and then stopped recycled all leather (get about 150 back) and add another 150 hides to the recycle box. Repeat until 150-200 hides left in the 1000 and if gains have been bad I made the item above i.e. if I was on studded legs, I made studded tunics.

This is my method and it worked quite well /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

T

Tippah

Thank you for all your help - everyone who has contributed to this thread.

As of this afternoon, Anne Tribute is Lake Superior's newest Legendary Tailor. 100% the hard way /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif ie. no AOS gift.

There were some bumps along the way. I ran clean out of bones at 119.6 - I managed to find some for sale, but holy expensive! From 119.0 to 120 I crafted nothing but bone leggings.

It was helpful to work it on again-off again, as I found that walls seemed to disappear not as much by brute force, but rather by walking away for an hour or so. If I found that I was burning way too many resources, I would take a break for an hour (completely log out). This definitely helped breaks those walls.

Cheers,
Tippah

G

If I were to sell my accounts and start over, I would make a tailor at 117.4. I know it's not supposed to make a diff, but having done at least a dozen horned and several barbed kits prior to hitting 117.4, I am absolutly convinced that I make better stuff with runic kits since hitting 117.4. From 117.4 to 120 I saw no diff, so I would just stop there if I had to do it over again.

M

-max-

Another legendary tailor is born. I was one of the fools who didn't use his +5 for tailoring, so for anyone contemplating doing bones from 118.9 to 120 this is what I used from 118.9-
9500 leather
6500 bones

Bone collecting is possibly the most mind-numbingly dull experience I will ever have to undergo. If I never see a shadow wisp again as long as I live I will die happy.

A few tips I picked up for the bone stage-
-Save your bone bods until you reach 118.9, it helps break up the boredom of making and throwing away bone armour. Even consider buying some bone bods if you can find them cheap.
-If you're collecting bones rather than buy them, a Bag of Sending will become your best friend.
-Bone collecting seemed to take me an hour per 1000 in Ilsh and is definitely quicker off peak when nobody else is doing the same.
-I gained only from bone leggings never from bone armour for some reason.

Also a big thanks to Bolvai and others for the advice. There ought to be a statue raised in Bolvai's honour on every shard. Cheers.

G

For those of us new to Ilshenar and in desperate need of bones, where in Ilshenar should we go to gather them? And what type of spawn is in the area (so I can figure out which char to take)? Thanks in advance for the info /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

*kicks self repeatedly for using the +5 for smithing*

G

After an all day free-for-all in Ilshenar at the shadow wisp spawn, and down to my last FIVE bones in the house, I guess I'm Chessy's newest Legendary Tailor! Whee!

Got my paladin-in-training up to a Knight in Valor, and I'll probably go back to finish off my lumberjack/miner's Knighthood a little later. 'Twas fun, but I'm glad it's DONE.

S

Shadow1980

Thanks for the excellent info. Grabbed a 120 PS for 100k and am gaining nicely. Started at GM 3 nights ago and hit 110.3 just now. Going to bed and going on tommorow :)

S

Shadow1980

My crafter is at 116.2 now and still gaining steadely :) Don't get discouraged people it all works fine still!

B

bigyo

Just got to 115 used my +5 now Legendary
took 72k hides from gm worked all untill 99.8% then moved to next
bought 80k hides from faction vendors on sat and got to 103
went straight through today gotta love 3day weekend

S

Shadow1980

Well done. I am at 119.4 myself now, trained up all the way. Stuck to bone armor pieces now. Ran out of leather last night but just got another 10k so pushing on later today. Just six gains.. must.. go... on.. must.. reach.. legend....

S

Sonreir

Is this guide still valid? I'm at 100.5 tailoring and I just burned through 1200 strips of leather and didn't get a single gain from studded gorgets.

I

Inquisitor

I could use some encouragement too. Just filled all my leather bone leg sbods as I burned 900 bones and 1500 hides for 0.0 gains from 118.9! What am I doing wrong?

T

Toof Hairy

Umm, I am burning through bones as well... 3k bones at 119.7 with no gains, and I should have had a ggs gain yesterday morning. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

H

heinrich_in_aska

I have used about 55K hides to get skill raised from 115.0 to 119.0.
To 116.2 I made studded leggings. From 116.2 to 119.0 studded tunics.
I don't have now bones to make bone leggings.
With enough bones I could show you from 119.0 to legendary.
Probably several weeks later.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_____skill | _the hides to get | amount from __ |___the object made
________ | ___ 0.1 skill gain |____115.0_____|
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
115.0 - 115.1 ___784(hides) ___784 ___________studded leggings
______-115.2 __1519 _______2303
______-115.3 ___720 _______3023
______-115.4 __5224 _______8247
______-115.5 __4031 ______12278
______-115.6 ____72 ______12350
______-115.7 ___565 ______12915
______-115.8 __3027 ______15942
______-115.9 ____60 ______16002
______-116.0 ___384 ______16386
______-116.1 ___276 ______16662
______-116.2 ____60 ______16722
______-116.3 ___350 ______17072 ____________studded tunic
______-116.4 __2060 ______19132
______-116.5 __4176 ______23308
______-116.6 ____70 ______23378
______-116.7 __2286 ______25664
______-116.8 ___590 ______26254
______-116.9 __1598 ______27852
______-117.0 __4062 ______31914
______-117.1 ___382 ______32296
______-117.2 ____84 ______32380
______-117.3 __1134 ______33514
______-117.4 ____98 ______33612
______-117.5 ___546 ______34158
______-117.6 __1927 ______36085
______-117.7 __3264 ______39349
______-117.8 ___385 ______39734
______-117.9 __3485 ______43219
______-118.0 __1036 ______44255
______-118.1 ___126 ______44381
______-118.2 ___732 ______45113
______-118.3 __1862 ______46975
______-118.4 ___254 ______47229
______-118.5 ___621 ______47850
______-118.6 __2246 ______50096
______-118.7 ___294 ______50390
______-118.8 __2663 ______53053
______-118.9 ___994 ______54047
______-119.0 __1386 ______55433

D

DevilMan77

Yeah, something seems screwy with tailoring. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif
I've used 1600+ hides at 105.5 and have only gained .1
That just seems screwy to me. If this keeps up I don't even want to think about how much leather I'll have to gather before all is said and done.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Another neat trick is, set your main pack as the recycle bag, then while the agent is recycling and continue making (cant use a macro, but you can manually) more gains, less time, same hide consumption.

<hr></blockquote>
My UOA macro is basically 5 steps:
- Use item type (sewing kit)
- Menu selection (Make last)
- Pause 2000
- Use Item (Scissors)
- Target item type (target whatever you're making)

This recycles everything as soon as you make it. It just annoys me to have to stop in ever increasingly short increments to recycle / craft, and then load back up on leather. With the macro set up this way, I can just craft the whole time until I need leather again.

Anyways, I'm at 104.2 right now. Switched over to gloves at 103.7 about 20 minutes ago. This guide is working great for me. Thanks for all the info! :)

G

I have several extra +15's on LS that I'll probably sell pretty cheap.

F

FinchWarble

Im at 99.7 a burning through hides doing Studed Tunics (per the guide on post #1). The gains are very few and far between. Any way I have 3 Questions:

1. I Never Eat. Ever. Is this a problem or is the need for eating some kind of UO Folklore /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

2. I've seen a lot of talk about using Studed Gorgets and Gloves past 100. Have I foolishly used Tunics?

3. Is there an advantage to going past 100? Like Cartman said, "What's the Big F*cking Deal B&amp;tch?"

N

Newman

Eating I beleive is a folk lore... some people swear by it, some people think your stupid if you do it...

I still eat every once in a while... I find it makes a big difference in damage dealt, hit chance percentage and success/failure. As skill gains are based on successes, I say go for it and eat. Whats it gonna hurt?

2) Yes, you messed up using tunics. Go to studded gorgets for your last .3 gains.

3) There soon will be advantage to gaining over 100... With Publish 21, enhancement chances will be improved with 100+ skill. Plus, never failing at reg leather tunics is a good thing when you spend big money on runic sewing kits...

F

FinchWarble

Lol...Too late to go to Gorgets now. I hit GM tonight and boy are my stitching fingers tired /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Thx for the help. I'll start eating before going on spined hide runs (lizzard whomping).

L

Lord Xavier

Quick Question:

I just burned through a little over 6100 bones going from 118.9 to 119.6. Is this about average or really bad gains?

Oh well, off to kill some more of those evil little shadow wisps.

L

Lord Xavier

Just burned thru another 3k bones to get from 119.6 to 119.8. Oh boy, time to go kill shadow wisps for another few hours.

L

Lord Xavier

I finally made legendary, And on publish day even. And there was no revert!! woohoo!!

G

Well, I steeled myself for the push from 119 to 120, and got lucky. Gained .2 right off the bat within 300 leather making bone leggings. Decided I'd take my winnings, and move on. But then something weird happened. I was just finishing a barbed leather studded tunic BOD and gained another point. I dunno how it happened cause it says I'm at 100% success rate for studded tunics, but there it is staring at me.
Anyways, from now on, I'm planning on working on bone leggings a bit each day, then filling old bods and seeing how it goes. Should break up the monotony.

G

Well, I reached 120 tailoring tonight. Wooohhoooo!! Just for everyone's info, from 119.3 to 120, I crafted nothing but studded tunics with normal leather. It took a few hours, and a few thousand leather, but it was much easier than hunting for bone (which I got sick of after about 10 hours). Not sure how it's working, since I've had 100% chance to make it for the last 10 gains, but it did. And at this point, I'm not questioning it. Just passing on the info. Hope it helps out.

G

I'd just like to confirm this. I've burned through 3k leather making Studded Tunics only, and have gone from 119.1 to 119.6. Hope I have enough left for the last .4 /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Burned through my last 4k of leather, gained to 119.9 making Studded Tunics. Just my luck to run out of leather with only .1 to go!! I swear this game hates me!

G

guys this stuff is important.
you guys made normal studded tunics past 119 and gained?
thats very interesting.
the bone thing is a real NIGHTMARE.
it took me a full month of ggs and more than 10k bones ONLY DOING GGS to get there.
if its leather tunics only that makes 120 a piece of cake as you can automate the process.
looks like a pub 21 benefit.

btw, i NEVER cared about walls and such while gaining. i just shoveled in more leather and more sewing kits. i used the macro that made the item and then cut it up. was never a problem for me.
also, i would recommend highly that you all do your tailoring at the delucia bank in felucca.
they still ration out gains based upon how many are doing skills on your SERVER. nobody does skills on the lost lands server in felucca so go to delucia and do at the bank. everything you need is close by in delucia.

U

uohamster

Hi all. I hit 120.0 a few hours ago.

If you're high up there, make bone gloves if you have the bones to spare. Gains will FLY.

If you run out of bones make studded stuff.

The new publish has made tailoring WAY easy to gain.

Price of bones is going to plummet.

T

tazzi523

hm it dosen't seem to be very easy for me.. I'm at 118.3 and been there for the past hour and a half.. burned through about 5k in leather.
I've gaind .1 so far and that was my gg.

Maybe I should try bones... ick..

T

tazzi523

Ah well I take that back, last night I switched back and forth from studded tunics and bone gloves. When I went to bed I hit 119. I'm now at 119.2 making studded tunics. It seems that if I hit a wall and then make bone gloves I break the wall.

Hm hopefully I'll be legendary today!

G

GM+ Tailoring info now moved to this new thread as skill gain has changed with publish 21. Please post your replies there /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif