• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

another POGO email

Rumil of Lorain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just received another pogo email to my game email with my game acct name.
Something needs to be done about this as it's not acceptable

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i get pogo emails about once a month, POGO uses the same account system thru ea so they cross advertise i guess. just delete em

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shrugs*

Don't care. If I had gotten one I didn't notice. Probably ended up in my spam if I did get it anyways. Did receive one months back but it was asking for an account to a game I was never registered to, lol. Just delete them. Not like anythings is going to happen unless you're dumb enough to make a real reply to those.

B

Beastmaster

The two of you responding with "delete them" obviously have not grasped what is going on here. Our UO account login IDs are being transmitted in the subject line of plain text emails. Every server that routes that email between the sender and receiver will have full view of both your login ID and the associated email account address. This makes it extremely easy for hackers to take your account. You can do everything as safe and secure as possible, but with that much info out there you could very easily lose your account.

S

Sevin0oo0

Here's what I did
Login to EA
update contact options
uncheck:
Contact me about EA's products & news
Share my information with select EA partners
<Not always the best thing way to keep it, in case of promotions>
(maybe just the bottom one might be better?)

Seems like they violated their own privacy policy - to provide
"reasonable means to protect your personal information," they took it and & gave it to a 3rd party.
Account name In the subject line doesn't sound reasonable. Makes me feel differently now about 3rd party apps, scripters, and other policy violators.

questions regarding this: privacyadmin.ea.com

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, like the hackers trying to get my non-existent accounts for games I never played. Never once has any phishing email ever mentioned anything about UO or Mythic. But whatever. Can always change your email account and change the settings as previously posted before me.

B

Beastmaster

Yes, like the hackers trying to get my non-existent accounts for games I never played. Never once has any phishing email ever mentioned anything about UO or Mythic. But whatever. Can always change your email account and change the settings as previously posted before me.
This was not a phishing email. This was a legitimate email from EA. Damn you're dense.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was not a phishing email. This was a legitimate email from EA. Damn you're dense.
Mmm, sorry. So use to reading phishing threads. Reading while tired also apparently has it's drawbacks it seems, lol.

B

Beer_Cayse

Doing that also prevents you from getting any emails on beta opportunities, should you wish to get in on them. But I do agree that this will cut it down if not out.

S

Sevin0oo0

Un-checking both items doesn't stop the emails.After clicking the Un-Subscribe link, now I'm just waiting... after that, I'll mark them as a phishing scam

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never had a pogo email to any of my account names. Must not be spechul enough.