• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Another plant question

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

Eyes of Origin

I keep seeing the peculiar plants in white, is there a quest to get the white seeds for these?

I think I finally figured out how to get the colored peculiar plants, I'll find out in about 8 days.
Is it only hops and spider trees though?

D

Dragonchilde

The naturalist quest, I believe, has a chance to give white or black seeds. I think it's only in legacy plants, though. There was a while where it would give peculiar seeds, but I think that was fixed (Someone else will have to confirm this for certain.)

If you're seeing the hops and spider trees in colors, that's from the cactus bug.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The naturalist quest was bugged for a while and gave out legacy plants in black and white. It's since been fixed to give the peculiar plants only. The legacy plants have to be otained through mutants.

C

Ceridwen

So, just to clarify, the black/white (new) plants can be obtained through the same quest as the pink/magenta/aqua seeds?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, just to clarify, the black/white (new) plants can be obtained through the same quest as the pink/magenta/aqua seeds?

Yes. You need to do the Naturalist quest including the 5th hidden solen hive. Then when you return to the naturalist, you have a chance of obtaining a black, white or fire seed. The black or white plants will be peculiar plants. The fire plants will be the legacy plants plus the fire peculiar cactus. Confused yet????? :danceb:

C

Ceridwen

Nope (not confused anymore!) - thanks for clarifying! :)

EDIT: Although... wait....
Can you get the new plants in pink/magenta/aqua or is that still just legacy plants?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just legacy plants and Bonsai. Never were seeds for pink, fire, magenta, turquoise new generation plants from a bug allowed for one publish that did give gardeners bonsai in those colors. Pre-existing bonsai seeds during the acknowledged (non-exploit) bug saved from that period still will grow into the naturalist quest colors.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently from the naturalist quest you can get aqua, magenta and pink legacy plants. You cannot get the peculiar plants in those colors. :)

C

Ceridwen

Thanks Shelleybean. :)
... although I know someone who will be sad that they aren't available in pink. :(