• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

another pet disappeared

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. pet accidently died in t2a
2. pet's ghost follows me home, i go inside, can't res him yet as server down is in 15 and i don't want to be running around when i get logged off
3. i log off for server down
4. i log back in the next day, pet is gone, 0 follower slots, not in stable, does not rejoin me relogging either in t2a or overland

V

Vyal

Don't ever leave a pet dead at server down.
It will sure enough vanish.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
never happened before, I normally just use my ethy until i have time to get to town safely, so i've had times where pets have been dead for 1-2 days, and i didnt have much of a choice as it was too close to server down to risk going to town. There needs to be some sort of a compilation of these "known bugs" because ones like this that have never hit me before, where would i learn this?

Also, I paged a GM 3.5 hours ago now, still waiting...

V

Vyal

I learned from having it happen to me twice, I have lost very good pets.
Basically, if your pet is dead and the server goes down while your pet is out dead & not in the stable sometimes it will vanish at server up. Sometimes it won't it's a roll of the dice.
Also sometimes if your pet is dead and you log out it will stay in the game & just sit there and lose it's happiness till it unbonds and vanishes.
Best bet is just make sure you get your pet rezzed before you log or sometimes what I do is login, logout, login again and then finally logout. Just to make sure the pet is properly in a stable dead or not.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I paged almost 6 hours ago, just got an email now.

"This appeal was closed without contacting you directly, because it was determined to be a type of question or issue that is not handled by in-game GMs. "

that's 6 HOUR wait for GM response, and they didn't even bother that much, they closed my page and sent me an email basicly telling me to **** off....

It's no wonder the population declines so rapidly these days....

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well a GM can't do anything about lost items/pets...and server down is notorious for killing ghosts. hm. yeah, just one of those things you learn as you play, unfortunately.

C

Conrad

Boy, you kids these days....

Back in the OLD days, our pets stayed dead when they DIED. None of this mamby-pamby ghost stuff. I suppose next you'll be askin fer summoning balls that just make your pets appear from nowhere, and special magical bacon fer little "Snuggles".

:pie:

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's wonderful, i was there, and yes I would prefer that. So can you poof all the pets of my enemies that i've killed now? Because they still have all their trained pets, whereas mine that i've spent a good amount of time training is no more.

(though honestly this pet was more of just a pet for look and a 'clear the stuff around my corpse' type pet, a lesser hiryu on my sam warrior)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's wonderful, i was there, and yes I would prefer that. So can you poof all the pets of my enemies that i've killed now? Because they still have all their trained pets, whereas mine that i've spent a good amount of time training is no more.

(though honestly this pet was more of just a pet for look and a 'clear the stuff around my corpse' type pet, a lesser hiryu on my sam warrior)
Raptor, I think I have a pretty nice lesser hiryu I tamed that you're welcome to have if you want it. I was killing time one day trying to get some hued ones to spawn and this one had pretty decent stats, so I kept it. I'll never get around to having a character on Siege that will use it though.

Stats:
299/300 hit points
188/205 strength
94/125 strength (should max at 125 w/training)
322/325 intelligence

Resists:
62/70
76/80
13/15
39/40
34/40

Has 108 wrestling skill. It's completely untrained, though. Let me know if you want it.