• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another OLD player returning. Need info!

S

STZC

Hey all! So I started playing UO before day one (my Dad was an original beta tester). Then we got both our accounts banned around late 1998 for flying boats. Anyway, we have returned to the game two or three times since then, but never found it to be as rewarding as those early days. Anyway, im back again for the umpteenth time and im not starting off well...Apparently the last account I used was last active in 2007. I decided to reactivate it and check it out. I found that I had a few pretty well developed characters (multiples times GM or GM+ and really high "Lord" fame/karma). The thing is I don't even remember creating these characters let alone playing them up to this level...but the names they have are MY usual RPG game names so I must have created them lol. The thing is - I don't know if I had my account hacked or maybe I gave all my stuff away before the last time I quit (I honestly can't remember) but ALL my stuff is gone. Even my !!!!ing spellbook is gone I cant even cast recall lol. Anyway, im not looking for a handout or anything, just maybe some tips on how to get back into the swing of things starting from absolute scratch (items wise) and a couple pretty good mage/tank/pally type characters. The game seems to be so item-based nowadays that my 100+ fencing/tactics/anatomy doesn't mean anything...

I am on the Napa Valley shard, which I understand has become quite the "ghost town"...If anyone is out there that can help me with some tips or info or maybe even log on and show me around if you happen to be on Napa. My main characters names are Akkim and PVC. Well thanks so much in advance and I hope to hear from someone soon because killing mongbats outside of Luna is getting old :p

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not on Napa, but I suggest you ask around on the forum specifically for Napa, located further down the list of UO forums on Stratics.

You can also get much information and advice from the Denizens of the UO Players Corner forum - some of which are also recent returnees to the game, and can give you advice on the things they learned, getting back started. Especially go through the sticky posts there - much accumulated knowledge of the last decade has been stored there.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another OLD player returning. Need info!

Aha..........music for my ears .........

Welcome back to Ultima Online !!

I am on the Napa Valley shard

Sorry, I do not play Napa but most likely someone here will show up who does and can help you out there.

If you have Stygian Abyss, I suggest in the meantime you work the new imbuing skill and start hunting MoBs and unravel all of their loot items to raise up skill and also to build up imbuing resources which you will need to imbue your weapons and armor.

It is a lot of fun !!

Also, build up your loyalty with the Gargoyle Queen, it will help in your imbuing.

Good luck and welcome back again !!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I play on Napa. I can likely make you a few sets of Armor/Weps with my GM Armslore Craftsman. Not too shabby Resists/Damage, for getting back on your feet. I can also show you some of the good spots to hunt for gold and whatnot. I have all the craftsman skills, so if you need something, i can likely make it.

S

STZC

Wow thanks a lot for the quick responses guys. I have been doing quests and killing random mobs and managed to gather up half a suit of mismatched armor and about 5k in gold. One thing I have come to find is that gold isn't worth much nowadays. Any weps/armor on player vendors cost 25k!

Popps - I haven't purchased the SA expansion yet :(

PlayerSkillsFTW - That would be great and I would appreciate it but I really couldn't afford much and wouldn't feel good about taking handouts! I would really like to find a good place to just grindkill some mobs, if you have any suggestions I would relly appreciate it. My two mains are 110 magery/eval/med (useless without a spellbook lol) plus various wep skills, tactics, chiv (again, uselss without a chivalry book hehe), anat, etc.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you have a character with room to train inscription, there is a quest you can do in New Haven that gives an Undead Slayer spellbook. You can buy Inscription up to 40, then train it up to 50 to get the spellbook.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then we got both our accounts banned around late 1998 for flying boats. Anyway, we have returned to the game two or three times since then, but never found it to be as rewarding as those early days. Anyway, im back again for the umpteenth time and im not starting off well.
THIS, SIR, IS A DIRECT VIOLATION OF THE ULTIMA ONLINE TOS.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then we got both our accounts banned around late 1998 for flying boats. Anyway, we have returned to the game two or three times since then, but never found it to be as rewarding as those early days. Anyway, im back again for the umpteenth time and im not starting off well.
Maybe it was more rewarding for them because they were flying boats and knew it was illegal? lol

Just go hunt and talk in general chat. Some people still help out when they can :)

S

STZC

Hehe I know thats what OSI told me when they banned my account :p Haven't cheated since then and don't plan to try...just wanna play UO again!

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sometimes i wish it would be Lynk Dead...dude relax..

And as for the undead spell book quest i dont think its still in game..

the new Abyss expansion is worth it..
Most people have made a mystic/weaver/imbuer for killing...pvm mainly..

Plus imbuing alone is sweet for turning crappy armor or weaps int o god items at times...

But welcome back and just take your time..theres a booster pack comming out for Christmas most likely..Pirates i say..Rrrr...

S

STZC

Hey all thanks much for everyone's advice it had helped me a lot in my first couple days back. I have been keeping it simple hunting ettins/trolls/ogres around Trammel, which is the only area I know well enough geographically. I've also been murdering harpys, stone harpys, gazers, etc. in that dungeon near Minoc and Vesper (not sure of name). I still don't have a full set of armor but I have managed to save up about 25k so I hope I can use that to outfit myself a bit. Its hard to find player vendors that are actually stocked nowadays! I also discovered that I had chivalry (wierd to have on a mage/dexxer?) and bought myself a chiv book and thats been helping a lot. I have, however, found it to be damn near impossible to acquire scrolls to fill my spellbook. My main guy is 110 magery/eval/med, so I have a feeling I could be soloing much harder mobs if I was able to EV, blade spirit, e-bolt, etc. My other main guy is 100+ on magery/eval/med/hiding/stealth/focus and 80 poisoning, so he is pretty much gimped and useless without a full spellbook lol.

Anyway thanks for the help and if anyone knows where I can get some scrolls to fill my spellbook (or buy a 64 spell one) I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks in advance you guys! Peace!

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come see me I'll fill the book NC & give ya a better one (Spellbook) to boot :thumbsup:

And a few other goodies

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe I know thats what OSI told me when they banned my account :p Haven't cheated since then and don't plan to try...just wanna play UO again!
Just think if OSI didn't ban you and your father 12 years of sub fees x 2 accounts = $4k and some change. Instead you quit UO like so many have. EA can't afford to ban anymore so get that flying boat out and take it for a spin.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back! I do not play on Napa, but will look and see if I have anything there--if so, you are welcome to it.

Just checked my characters on Napa (mostly used for X-Shard Trading). They don't have much, but a few things you could probably sell for gold or keep for deco. Things like blessed Age of Shadows clothing, 1 or 2 Practice Weapons, Holiday Deeds, a few hundred Necro Regs, 12th Aniv Gift Deeds, Mini House Deeds, and some odds and ends.

If you are interested in any of it--PM or post here. My ICQ is 98110980 if you use ICQ.