• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Newbie Question

P

pegasussims

I have another newbie question. And thank you all for your help yesterday. I know own my first property.

My new question is: Can one sim own more then one property? I would have tried it this morning to find out, but I couldn't find an ATM machine. Now I am at work longing to play with my sims at home.

Thank you all again.

I

imported_Juniper Skye

Congrats on your purchase! One sim can only own one property. This is your home now to choose what type of house you want and to invite people to become roomies and help you out! Have fun!

Edited to add: when the cities merge or if you have other simmies moving you'll be able to purchase land for those as well, just not in the same city.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Now I am at work longing to play with my sims at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel your pain.....trust me if you work faster....you are still at work.

Needless to say when it's time to go home for me, everyone had been get in the right lane cause I'm coming through!

I

imported_SimTripps

And there are some brats such as myself who can play TSO at work... The benefits of having your own office - also helps that my monitors are pointed towards the window and not the door lol...

P

pegasussims

I have my own office to. If... 1. my comptuer, here at work, had more then 500 megs ram and 2. I could actually play this game in a window, I might have been able to play at work. But because of those thing, forget it.

<blockquote><hr>

And there are some brats such as myself who can play TSO at work... The benefits of having your own office - also helps that my monitors are pointed towards the window and not the door lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dutch America - Too Funny!!! I feel like that too, but after I get out of work, I have to cross the city to pick up my 4 year old from daycare, then head back to this side of the city for home. &gt;.&lt;

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

I have my own office to. If... 1. my comptuer, here at work, had more then 500 megs ram and 2. I could actually play this game in a window, I might have been able to play at work. But because of those thing, forget it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peg, this is what you tell your Supervisor: Gee, I really need a new pc... It would help me to be more efficient on the job, which will thus increase my productivity. Can I e-mail you the specs? Great thanks! Here you go! A Dell Intel quad-core, 2.4GHz, 3g Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, integrated Intel graphics media accelerator 3100, 4 DIMMs 320gs serial ATA hard drive w/dataBurst cache and a 30 inch widescreen digital flat panel monitor...

lol...

T

turtleface

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Peg, this is what you tell your Supervisor: Gee, I really need a new pc... It would help me to be more efficient on the job, which will thus increase my productivity. Can I e-mail you the specs? Great thanks! Here you go! A Dell Intel quad-core, 2.4GHz, 3g Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, integrated Intel graphics media accelerator 3100, 4 DIMMs 320gs serial ATA hard drive w/dataBurst cache and a 30 inch widescreen digital flat panel monitor...

lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't even need 500mb ram to play... i manage fine with my 256 or whatever it is, lol.

P

pegasussims

Turtleface, with my job, I have to have at least six different windows open, and a lot of times more then that.

This machine really can't handle it. I can't get radio reception in my office so I have it streaming, with internet emal, 2 hugh excell files, many word files and more.

SimmTripps - Sweet Machine!!! I wish. I am trying to convince him on more ram. He is not very good with computers and doesn't like them to begin with.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't even need 500mb ram to play... i manage fine with my 256 or whatever it is, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

SimmTripps - Sweet Machine!!! I wish. I am trying to convince him on more ram. He is not very good with computers and doesn't like them to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]So, what you do is this: Any time he asks you the status of something, tell him you're waiting on the computer to process it. This becomes more effective if you are seen frequently smacking the computer yelling "Damn stupid, slow-ass computer!!!"

G

<blockquote><hr>

...and a 30 inch widescreen digital flat panel monitor...

[/ QUOTE ]
Aaaaaccckkk! I have a 20 inch wide screen and have difficulty seeing the whole thing at once.

With a 30 inch, my head would swivel left and right like watching a tennis match.

Think.... Drive-In movie.

I

imported_SimTripps

ROFL! After about an hour, your eyes feel like they're bugged right out of your head rofl...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Edited to add: when the cities merge or if you have other simmies moving you'll be able to purchase land for those as well, just not in the same city.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think there will be any restrictions on where on the map we can buy land for all our sims in EA Land, in TC3 I have sims on the same acct with lots right next to each other.

I

imported_Juniper Skye

Oh thanks Niki! I did not know that. I guess I just assumed you'd have to live n that square you came with LOL.

P

pegasussims

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think there will be any restrictions on where on the map we can buy land for all our sims in EA Land, in TC3 I have sims on the same acct with lots right next to each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! *Me bows in worship*

You just made my day! I don't mind starting another sim, but I wanted another lot.