• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another new Faction bug?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People are dying to blues and going into stat - Seems to happen after fighting an OJ - But people were fully healed/handt fought an OJ for atleast 10+ minutes.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested this some more with another guild

1. OJ hits to half life - Blue kills = Stat
2. OJ hits , heal to full - Blue Kills = Stat
3. OJ hits , heal to full - GUILDY kills = Stat
4. OJ hits , Heal to full - Guardwhacked = Stat (Prior to publish, this only happened if you hadnt healed to full)

This is craziness

Varrius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I magic arrow someone in a opposing faction, leave and they die a few minutes later to a blue, they still go stat?

Varrius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a feeling a lot of people will be leaving factions within the next week if this isn't fixed

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I had a friend a while back who was blue who could put people in stat. It is a bug with the character. Interesting if it is more wide spread now.
I had another friend who was blue who could get people guard wacked for healing him in guard zone even though he was very very blue.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a friend a while back who was blue who could put people in stat. It is a bug with the character. Interesting if it is more wide spread now.
I had another friend who was blue who could get people guard wacked for healing him in guard zone even though he was very very blue.
Completely different. I know of that old bug.

This is EVERY BLUE has the ability to now stat a Factioner. I have tested it with blues who have never been factions, blues that have been, own guildmates, ect ect.

Refer to my second post

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Completely different. I know of that old bug.

This is EVERY BLUE has the ability to now stat a Factioner. I have tested it with blues who have never been factions, blues that have been, own guildmates, ect ect.

Refer to my second post
I just pulled my guild out of factions. I'll check it out.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys,

We have confirmed what is causing this and are working on a fix. Will keep you guys informed.

Mesanna

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I recall something in the patch notes about factioners sharing kills now. I think this may be your issue.
One of the reasons my guild decided it was time to move on from factions is because whoever is in charge keeps messing with the system. It's just not fun anymore. (No, nothing to do with faction artifacts lol)
Hate to say it, but you might want to give up on factions until they figure it out. Otherwise it's just going to be annoying.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love how it is suddenly Origins responsibility to mad test to break publishes. We live with the possibility of big bugs making it to our live shard. *shakes head*

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No Viquire... Origins purpose for being created was to be able to publish things to a real shard first to ensure it was generally bug free. This isnt a minor bug its quite gamebreaking for a large % of pvpers.

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a feeling a lot of people will be leaving factions within the next week if this isn't fixed
Yessir, They took their time on this one too and still screwed it all up. I'm amazed at how bad they dropped the ball on this one. As if it werent bad enough that when you purchase a gargoyle piece, log out then back in it expires on you now this.

GET THIS ADD this to the list

I attack OJ with my OJ. He runs off. I die to blues and take stat. A blue kills the OJ a couple minutes later guess who gets the gold while standing there dead??

<<<<..... THIS GUY!