• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Item not on the list of Blackthorn Rewards?

Veritas et Sapientia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Someone please tell me I'm getting old and senile....

I'm not seeing the equivalent of the Conjurer's Garb with Luck in the form of the standard robe on the Blackthorn Item list. It is however listed as being available on Stratics http://uo2.stratics.com/items/blackthorn-artifacts.

Someone tell me it's there and I'm just blind as a bat. We have the half-apron equivelents of Tangle and the Crimson Cinture so why not the Robe. What gives?

Not only is the Kamishimo (my first pick) not available the robe isn't available either?:confused2:

The Epaullete just doesn't look right with Woodland Armor. The epualette does however look great with Plate armor and the Gargish Epaullete is outstanding as well.

Please add the Kamishimo for the Samurai's and the Robe.

0 for 2 now.:frown2:

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems that none of the items in the Blackthorn list are the same form as the original -- so, no standard robe from the Blackthorn list for the conjurer garb since that was originally a standard robe.

This is unfortunate in this case since a standard robe can be worn by all three races.

I'm hoping that some things will be added to the list, especially morph earrings (or morph talons for gargoyles) that will temporarily change a race, allowing wearing of armor and wielding of weapons of the other races.

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that this protects the original items and their collectability. So you can get everything a conjurer's garb offers, you just can't get identical looking robe. Same with the Lt's Sash...you have to get a doublet....same with the Tangle(I don't know what the options are here).

It is understandable in that they calmed both sides of those who wanted it and those who didn't want the value of their robe diminished.

I think what they have done is very cool.

While we are on the subject I wish they would include some form of the cloaks of rejuvenation and Augmentation...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
While we are on the subject I wish they would include some form of the cloaks of rejuvenation and Augmentation...
I agree! This item can no longer be obtained. Same with the Conjurer's trinket. Would be great adds to the blackthorn arty system.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked on the stratics thread you posted and saw this:
Note: The style choice available does not include the original format of the item. ie. The ‘Tangle’ equivelant is not available as a regular half apron, the’ Conjurer’s Garb’ equivelant is not available as a regular robe etc

I

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah there are a few items i'd love to have added. Those cloaks you mention and things like Kasa of the Raj-In, Crown of Arcane Temperament etc. Kasa is awesome but looks horrible and the crown just looks wrong on male characters!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I really want the Mempo of Fortune added to the rewards. I would LOVE to have mine as a necklace or an ankh Pendant or my favorite Leaf ...... I'm sure others would like a plain gorget... I'd love to be able to see my characters pretty face again.

And another nice thing would be to add more of the glasses to the list... because I hate glasses and would prefer not to have my characters wearing them

The Rangers Cloak of Augmentation needs to be obtainable again as well and as an Archer it needs to be a quiver... Wing armor and other options...

Last edited:

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really want the Mempo of Fortune added to the rewards. I would LOVE to have mine as a necklace or an ankh Pendant or my favorite Leaf ...... I'm sure others would like a plain gorget...
This

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone please tell me I'm getting old and senile....

I'm not seeing the equivalent of the Conjurer's Garb with Luck in the form of the standard robe on the Blackthorn Item list. It is however listed as being available on Stratics http://uo2.stratics.com/items/blackthorn-artifacts.

Someone tell me it's there and I'm just blind as a bat. We have the half-apron equivelents of Tangle and the Crimson Cinture so why not the Robe. What gives?

Not only is the Kamishimo (my first pick) not available the robe isn't available either?:confused2:

The Epaullete just doesn't look right with Woodland Armor. The epualette does however look great with Plate armor and the Gargish Epaullete is outstanding as well.

Please add the Kamishimo for the Samurai's and the Robe.

0 for 2 now.:frown2:
If anyone has suggestions for future additions to the Blackthorn artifacts please make a list and submit it via http://www.uo.com/contact

As time permits we can look at adding new items to the reward list for Blackthorn artifacts, thanks!

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the best format to submit. Do you want just a list names or would you prefer a list of names, stats, and recommended artifact options.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the best format to submit. Do you want just a list names or would you prefer a list of names, stats, and recommended artifact options.
Maybe there should be a post on Stratics where eveyone can submit their ideas. Then after a week or so we can submit the whole lot to them in one go. Rather than everyone individually sending them emails and overloading them?

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is what I was thinking...in another post to collect over a month or so...then someone consolidate and submit. To help out the Devs... I would think the best format would be:

Item: Mempo of Fortune
Availability: No longer available, was part of treasures of Tokuno ending in July 2009
Recommend Blackthorne Artifacts:
Gorget, Garish Necklace

Item: Shadow Cloak of Rejuvenation
Availability: No longer available, was part of In the Shadow if Virtue Arc, ending in March 2011
New Cape Graphic, Quiver, Wing Armor

Just some examples, I am all for making it as easy as possible to implement. And before there are a thousand posts on how to skin this cat, whoever decides to take point on this can determine the format. I also realize that the Recommended artifacts will have a thousand opinions...I was just trying to preserve the original's value and keep the artifact within the original armor area.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cant see the plain short trousers and fancy shirt either...no mods...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is my short list of items no longer available that should be considered as additions to the list:

- Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation / Warden's Wing Armor of Augmentation
- Shadow Cloak of Rejuvenation / (Garg equivalent -- not sure of name)
- Conjurer's Trinket
- Conjurer's Grimoire / Tome of Lost Knowledge
- Swords of Prosperity
- Mempo of Fortune

I must also say I am very happy with the items they currently have on the list and would not want any of them removed.

-OBSIDIAN-

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is what I was thinking...in another post to collect over a month or so...then someone consolidate and submit. To help out the Devs... I would think the best format would be:

Item: Mempo of Fortune
Availability: No longer available, was part of treasures of Tokuno ending in July 2009
Gorget, Garish Necklace

Item: Shadow Cloak of Rejuvenation
Availability: No longer available, was part of In the Shadow if Virtue Arc, ending in March 2011
New Cape Graphic, Quiver, Wing Armor

Just some examples, I am all for making it as easy as possible to implement. And before there are a thousand posts on how to skin this cat, whoever decides to take point on this can determine the format. I also realize that the Recommended artifacts will have a thousand opinions...I was just trying to preserve the original's value and keep the artifact within the original armor area.
I like that I'd add to it I want the Mempo in Leaf.... as well as and Ankh Pendant.

As the cloak I'd like that with the cape graphic that you get with the Virtue Armor Cape.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id like to see despicable quiver being added to the list. its too hard to farm from shame. and i would like its stats to be on a pair of shoes, or boots (no sandals sandals are for hippies) oh and the boots id like clear or ethereal so i can see my toes without haveing to wear hippy sandals. id like toenail paint to be available from the alchemist. yes please.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone has suggestions for future additions to the Blackthorn artifacts please make a list and submit it via http://www.uo.com/contact

As time permits we can look at adding new items to the reward list for Blackthorn artifacts, thanks!
Sorry to rez this thread. But I wanted to check and see if this email was still viable after corporate changes, or where would be a good place to contact at this time if the email listed is no longer valid.

Thanks in advance!

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to see a few drops on the minax items... Stools and bolts of cloth.. The minax colored stuff u see in blackthorn... Maybe chests... Of course still worth a point but fun to collect.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Mace & Shield equivalent as a Bone Helmet. Gotta love Bone Helms.

id like to see despicable quiver being added to the list. its too hard to farm from shame.
Lol. Despise, not Shame. It's actually pretty easy to farm on non-Atlantic shards. Most other shards don't have the exploiting griefers camping it.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mace & Shield equivalent as a Bone Helmet. Gotta love Bone Helms.

Lol. Despise, not Shame. It's actually pretty easy to farm on non-Atlantic shards. Most other shards don't have the exploiting griefers camping it.
Not all ..... there are many griefers and exploiters on my shard who won't let you do despise.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix This is the thread.

Specifically Leurocians Mempo, only something more attractive, and possibly meddable.

And the rangers cloaks, and wardens wing armor seem to be glaring omissions since the conjurers robe is on the list. Thanks!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I wish we could change the appearance of ANY artifact. If you have a Mempo of Fortune already, a fully skilled tailor/tinker or maybe imbuer/armslore combo or something should be able to move those stats over to a different item of the same slot, say a necklace. Or alter your Despicable Quiver to look like a cloak. It could be even part of a new crafting skill altogether. Blackthorn stuff is great for a different way to get artifacts (some of which you can't get anymore otherwise) but I'd like more customizability overall too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish we could change the appearance of ANY artifact. If you have a Mempo of Fortune already, a fully skilled tailor/tinker or maybe imbuer/armslore combo or something should be able to move those stats over to a different item of the same slot, say a necklace. Or alter your Despicable Quiver to look like a cloak. It could be even part of a new crafting skill altogether. Blackthorn stuff is great for a different way to get artifacts (some of which you can't get anymore otherwise) but I'd like more customizability overall too.
This is what I've said a dozen times or more. Should be able to "Alter" items to suit your taste. Shoot it ought to be a crafting skill.... I'd work it up.

The Old Man

Journeyman
Premium
Stratics Veteran
This is what I've said a dozen times or more. Should be able to "Alter" items to suit your taste. Shoot it ought to be a crafting skill.... I'd work it up.
They said in last nights 'State of UO Address' that they wanted to give crafters some love, well here's a good idea for them. ;)

Maybe a seperate skill, maybe something that requires 120 in 2 or more craft skills (with new PS for those like Tinker that are lacking)

The Old Man

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They said in last nights 'State of UO Address' that they wanted to give crafters some love, well here's a good idea for them. ;)

Maybe a seperate skill, maybe something that requires 120 in 2 or more craft skills (with new PS for those like Tinker that are lacking)

The Old Man
Been asking for it for years. I hate the Mempo it's the ugliest thing in the game... disgusts me to have to equip it on my character if I want the luck... I honestly don't see why we can't alter things... Heck we can take something and turn it into something for a Gargoyle why in the world can we not reverse that process or change a floppy hat to a bandanna if that's what trips our trigger.... so long as it doesn't change the properties or slot of the item we ought to be able to alter things to suit our style.

Been saying it and saying it again and again over the last several years... feel like it falls on deaf ears. So they give us the turn ins for artifacts with the Minax things and that's supposed to "fix" it??? Doesn't do a whole lot for me. Granted I love the epaulettes.... they are awesome. Wish I could see them on my character in game not just on the paperdoll but whatever. I'm just saying that it shouldn't be that hard.

Kinda like wanting to be able to imbue artifacts again. I see nothing wrong or overpowering about it. Most of the artifacts have too much weight to be imbued anyway.... but those that don't deserve some sort of help. Instead most everyone who gets them tosses them straight to the trash for points. If that's all they are worth or ever going to be worth then why bother dropping an item just have it drop points skip the trash barrel all together.

They say they want feedback and suggestions... I've been giving them that for years. Heck I've put together list after list after list of things that need fixed, updated... redone... etc... I've offered suggestions on everything from Vet rewards to Anniversary gifts, offered even idea's for a peerless type encounter for the Underworld in detail... I've offered feedback about the Governor system... the Refinments, Despise... and 100's of other things for years. And I feel it falls on deaf ears.

Asked to be able to craft a single tile stone table top.... something that works like a goza mat.... only is made of stone in the colors of stone... that can be used like a counter top or whatever you want... like a goza .... heck you could make a bridge out of them if you wanted. What do we get? Bars? Not exactly as useful. Bars have one purpose. Not really what we asked for. I know it's nice and all .... but really... I would have preferred being able to craft a single tile stone slab. And the key there is being able to CRAFT it.

Everyone is so worried about VvV which honestly... there are far less PvP enthusiasts than there are PvMers and crafters. But then I suppose the same could be said about role-players and the Governor system.... sadly though I don't think the Governor system really boosts RP as much as it is a glorified Gold Sink... and lets face it most RPers aren't rich.

I guess I took away from the video the feeling that it's the same old song and dance routine. The answer is no to most things... They can't answer a bunch of questions because quite honestly they don't understand them..... because they don't really play UO. Least not how the rest of us do. And that it will be years before anything is changed. Along with the most painful realization that the team is not ever going to be big enough ever again to actually offer a true expansion. There aren't going to be nice global events anymore.... so if you aren't able to be online when your EM does events.... then you won't be participating in anything much except doing PvP and dungeon crawls. You won't be doing any live content.... you won't see a global event. Save maybe Halloween...

Rather depressing if you ask me. But I guess I have high standards. Being a Lab Tech I believe in precision, accuracy, and testing. I take pride in my work and I expect others to do the same... and I put a lot of love into UO for a great many years... I want to see it grow and thrive... hurts to see it in the present condition. Still bugs me when I travel up and down the coast lines and see water tiles on the land and land tiles in the water..... still bothers me when I go to doom and do the gauntlet and see half a dozen or more missing tiles that have been missing since the launch of AoS. Bothers me to see doors missing... bothers me to see a snow tile in the middle of the floor in the palace in Nu'Jelm... Annoys me that the demon room in Fire dungeon is still locked and you can't get in there anymore... What I wouldn't give to be able to get that cleaned up and fixed. I'm sure everyone else could name a dozen or more things that are broken, wrong or left undone.... just off the top of their heads.

*sighs* Only hope I heard out of most of the video was that they are actually still working on the High Res update...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would too. I'd have that skill GMed the day it came out.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Item ID seems like the perfect skill to work with altering armor, clothing , etc.
Oooh! A use for a currently mostly useless preexisting skill. Great idea!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Item ID seems like the perfect skill to work with altering armor, clothing , etc.
Good idea... they can change it to do that. To Item Alter or something.