• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another fisher question ><

M

Mudd

Allllllllright been working on my fisherdood... Haven't gotten anything yet (at all) but I have just a couple quick questions...

1. I get a SOS, double click, it has a chance of becoming a white one (rare) or just a normal MIB, right?

2. No number 2.

Thanks!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. I believe it's either 1 in 20 or 1 in 40. I think 1 in 40 is correct.

2. Normal SOSs are worth a decent amount... sell the gems and scrolls, recycle the metal and leather, turn in the "Recovered" items for 250 points each.

Best bet is to fish up a LOT of bottles, then pop them all at once.

A

Azazel of LA

Bah!

2.(continued) Normal MIB's are worthless, right?

Normally yes they are kinda worthless , but saying the "Recovered From a Shipwreck" items are worth 250 points in the Spring Cleaning I would say do as many as ya can.

A

Azureal

Allllllllright been working on my fisherdood... Haven't gotten anything yet (at all) but I have just a couple quick questions...

1. I get a SOS, double click, it has a chance of becoming a white one (rare) or just a normal MIB, right?
Correct. Theres a 1 in 25 chance of it becoming an ASOS.

2. .(continued) Normal MIB's are worthless, right?
Incorrect. Currently an easy source of tickets for the spring clean up. You can pull up bag loads of pre-chest loot, and at 250 points each, it all adds up. Not to mention the easy cash, gems, regs and nets.

M

Mudd

Thanks for the answers all - but they brought up more questions :p What are nets good for, and how high do I need to be to NOT fail in deep water -.-

Thanks again!

A

Azazel of LA

Thanks for the answers all - but they brought up more questions :p What are nets good for, and how high do I need to be to NOT fail in deep water -.-

Thanks again!

Well you can fish up the nets and try getting more MIBs or hand em in for 500 points in spring cleanup.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A net (any other than the white ones) can be tossed to have a mix of water eles, sea serpents, deep sea serpents and/or krakens spawn. The colored nets are supposed to be more likely to bring up tougher creatures, but also have some value as decorative items.

The water eles are just nuisances.
The two serpent types can have treasure maps, and can be skinned for horned leather and scales (both of which have both crafting and library turn-in applications).
The Krakens can have more MIBs for you to open.

The white nets from the ASOS bring up the Leviathan, which can drop some special loot items (including the very valuable Ghost ship anchor and seahorse statues).

And, even Grandmasters son a decent number of their casts.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Thanks again!
Also, you can hold a public net toss like FCB (www.thefcb.com) does from time to time:)

M

Mudd

Heh awesome - thanks all. I heard 65 is enough to fish in deep water, but I fail every time... and when I fish from land, I cannot gain any more. So, how high do I need to be able to fish in deep water, and should I still be able to gain fishing from land at 65? Thanks again.

J

Jermosh

1. Yes you are correct
2. Its subjective really, besides the tickets you can get from the pre-chest loot, I still enjoy fishing for SoSs. I still sell all of the junk, including the fish, I also still pick up trash and sell it as well. I wish they would fix it so that all of the loot is sellable, I still get some items that cannot be sold.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I`m pirty sure ya hafta be above 80 to fish in deep water.I would stick to the east of moonglow server line and sail north slow forward.Make sure ya stay within 16 tiles of the actual serverline.At 70 maybe move it out 8 tiles or so.80 hit the deep and get sum stuff,when I say stuff I mean boots and all them damn shoes!!! :D

C

Charmed

Where can i turn in the pre-chest loot?
I try the one at the entrance of the castle near Britain Bank but he reject my stuffs.

K

Kebet

That one is behind the Brit bank. If you say "info" around these guys they list what they accept! :)

M

Muu Bin

Heh awesome - thanks all. I heard 65 is enough to fish in deep water, but I fail every time... and when I fish from land, I cannot gain any more. So, how high do I need to be able to fish in deep water, and should I still be able to gain fishing from land at 65? Thanks again.
Where are you fishing from when on land? From a dock? From the coast or shoreline? I'm asking because I GM'd fishing without once having to set sail out on the sea (afraid of the ocean after watching Jaws). I did this by casting off the end of the dock at Buc's Den - into the deeper water there.

Give that a try and if that doesn't work... well... perhaps you need to "reset" yourself (i.e. die) and try again.

Good Luck!:thumbup:

B

butthead owns

yes when u get mibs there is a chance of a white is most time every 20 to 30 mibs but they have lowered it most times you get a reg mib

D

Deadly Shadow

To GM fishing i found that fishing from pier at bucs den is the best way, IMO

E

Eslake

65.1 for deep water I think, but don't bother until 70. You gain faster on successes, but you fail so much you would be gaining faster in shallow water.

The fun starts after 80. Just remember to bring some fire proof undies and some healing ability.