• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another faction problem

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets make it so you cannot under any circumstances attack another faction member of your own faction. Whether they are red blue or of another guild. Whats the point? You don't get silver. You don't put them in stat. You don't get any points. Plus all you do is hurt your own faction. Those guys are in the same faction with the same purpose as you. To kill the other factions.

R

Reximus

Lets make it so you cannot under any circumstances attack another faction member of your own faction. Whether they are red blue or of another guild. Whats the point? You don't get silver. You don't put them in stat. You don't get any points. Plus all you do is hurt your own faction. Those guys are in the same faction with the same purpose as you. To kill the other factions.
No, or cowards would just join the faction with the most players for godmode.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a difficult one.

On one side, I can understand it and have wished for something similar too, as an enemy guilds changed the faction into ours and we were suddenly raided by our own faction each night.

On the other hand, Reximus has a point too...

tough one

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the point in going to fel without a faction char? You don't get silver, you don't put anyone in stat, you don't get any points, plus you hurt other players by killing them for seemingly no reason other than gameplay.

This is fel. Not happy go lucky bunny land where Hinds defecate rainbow sprinkles all over the land as far as the eye can see. You pvp there. That guy running around wearing pink? You PK him. That guy fishing, you pirateer him. The guy mining, you smoke him. Your faction member is acting all angsty? You give him a reason to be angsty. Is he being an *******? Well I think you know the drill.

Fel should have no safeties, don't ask for one.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the point in going to fel without a faction char? You don't get silver, you don't put anyone in stat, you don't get any points, plus you hurt other players by killing them for seemingly no reason other than gameplay.

This is fel. Not happy go lucky bunny land where Hinds defecate rainbow sprinkles all over the land as far as the eye can see. You pvp there. That guy running around wearing pink? You PK him. That guy fishing, you pirateer him. The guy mining, you smoke him. Your faction member is acting all angsty? You give him a reason to be angsty. Is he being an *******? Well I think you know the drill.

Fel should have no safeties, don't ask for one.

Yep I agree, I went red so I could kill anyone...

Paps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can see both sides of this story.
yes Fel is supposed to be a free-for-all
BUT
factions are not.
if this were implemented i am sure someone would find a way to exploit it.
but most PVP`ers only joined factions for the arys and after they get their faction horses lose complete interest in holding towns.[maybe not all shards but the main one i play on this is the case]which is one of the reasons PVP`ers dont like to see the gear worn in tram areas [like they arent still wearing it themselves]

i recommend some sort of penalty for in faction killing but not completely forbidding it. Such as the killer forfeiting some of their punkte points for doing so.Maybe not to the person they killed but for it to be a `point sink` which some people seem to think there should be one.This would discourage in faction fighting and help reduce the insane amounts of punkte in some shards systems.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can see both sides of this story.
yes Fel is supposed to be a free-for-all
BUT
factions are not.
if this were implemented i am sure someone would find a way to exploit it.
but most PVP`ers only joined factions for the arys and after they get their faction horses lose complete interest in holding towns.[maybe not all shards but the main one i play on this is the case]which is one of the reasons PVP`ers dont like to see the gear worn in tram areas [like they arent still wearing it themselves]

i recommend some sort of penalty for in faction killing but not completely forbidding it. Such as the killer forfeiting some of their punkte points for doing so.Maybe not to the person they killed but for it to be a `point sink` which some people seem to think there should be one.This would discourage in faction fighting and help reduce the insane amounts of punkte in some shards systems.
A penalty makes more sense, forbading it completely was the problem. It makes no sense in the environment as mirrors that of Tram, which PvPers seem to detest completely.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't agree with the no attack stance. It would make to easy for people with multiple accounts to put alts into rival factions to spy or do things in fel with getting attacked. They could always make it so that if you attack someone in the same faction but not in the same guild turn orange to every in that faction for being a traitor to the faction. Same rules as being flagged crim in that it would only last for x amount of time and only the first to attack would be flagged. Same rules apply if you heal or Rez someone from another faction. If someone from your faction kills you while your flagged, then you go into stat.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats the point? PKing. This is why we have reds, and why you can get a count for killing faction mates.