• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another EC bug:

• Thread starter georgemarvin2001
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
G

georgemarvin2001

I was using the EC and came across a vendor that had some Bulk Order Deeds on it. It will show the art for the deeds, but it doesn't show any of the text that should appear and show what they are for. I had to switch back to the CC to see which deeds they were.

The big problems with the EC sometimes get fixed. However, as long as there are dozens of little things wrong that require us to log out and use the CC, there just isn't going to be a mass exodus to the new client.

If you have found any similar EC bugs, please post them on the Stratics forum and report them; if the Devs don't know what's wrong with it, they'll never get it right. And I want them to get this one right; the CC is beginning to really show its age, and I would like to see UO celebrate its 25th anniversary someday.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posting bugs at stratics really doesn't get directly noticed by any QA or developers. It would be more appropriate to submit a bug report to EA. If it doesn't affect a loss to players like something will be dropped or lost then stratics doesn't need it posted necessarily. I'm only saying this because you draw attention to post on stratics rather than the primary place bugs should go reported.

BTW. There are lots of those bugs in the EC that I submit to EA.

-Lorax

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I don`t doubt there are bugs with the EC but as I listen to a RL friend on vent try to learn it and hear some of his complaints,I can`t help but think most of the issues (not the OP`s of course) are related to the persons machine/setup.

I`ve been playing it alot lately,aaaaalmost exclusively and I just don`t see %90 of what peaple complain about. I don`t have the best rig,yet I have very few issues with the EC. Makes me wonder how valid alot of these complaints really are.Again...not the OP`s,that I`m sure is a client bug.

Only thing I been noticing is the lag in the black area. SOmetimes its non existant,sometimes it lags the whole interface and brings it to a crawl until I get the cursor out of it. Other than that....I`ve got no complaints and am pleasantly suprised at its stability and performance.

I think there is alot more to the user`s end than there is the server side, even if users don`t want to admit it. Just my 2 cents from an X-hardcore CC`r.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that I also haven't run into too many issues. But I have hit a few bugs here and there.

The last one was with Imbuing. The first time I loaded up my pack to unravel, the system worked fine. However, the second time I loaded up my pack I would get errors that there were no items in my pack to unravel. I would have to log out and back in to make it work. It was a bit annoying to have to do that after every load.

But yeah, reporting with the tool is probably more useful than posting here. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents.