• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Bug reported

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last night several of my guildmates were doing Lady M runs and something odd occured....

(Sorry but this is gonna be rather wordy)

One of our members was in the party ready to go when he decided to go get his tamer instead. So he run off logged out and brought his tamer.... when he was "re-added" to party He accepted but his bar did not change..... and it said he was in the party but really he wasn't because when they all went up he didn't get the gump... fortunately he picked up the extra key from the ground and tried using that.....

Now this is when the problem occured.... I believe it seriously bugged up the game.... at least for all involved.

When he teleported up to Lady M EVERYONE in party client crashed and died.... Then to make matters worse everytime they tried to log back in client crashed Again and again and again until the party actually "disbanned" after the party leader timed out..... At which point they all got another blessing in and went back up .....

I know several people lost all their stuff that wasn't insured over this. I did go to UO and actually report the bug as I think it is a MAJOR one.... The rest of the evening they all suffered several random client crashes... Especially the guy that switched characters.

Anyway.... Thought I'd make the bug common knowledge so if ever you have a party going somewhere like that and someone seems to be bugged up drop the party and restart it..... (that seemed to help alot as well as dropping party ASAP as arriving in Lady M)....

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost the same happened to us as i invited too many people in party. We were 11 players and invited everyone cause I didnt check how many people came. Everyone accepted party.
We crashed as we were writing in common chat. After disbanding party it stopped.

5% Luck

LAst I heard of this bug(may-july 08) It was due to some one runing the KR client and one or a few grafix get written to the server?? somehow as kr and goes out the the 2d client as KR. It takes over 10 mins to re send the info properly to the 2d users. If im not mistaken this was fixed so you pronlem "might" be a different one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh I know last night they were getting many more than 10 in a party.