• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another bug found

G

I knew faction vendors would stay after you lose a town, but i run TB on LA and i placed lots of guards but didnt bother with sigils because well its LA and now that i have lost the town all my guards are still TBguards but are now orange to me.

I

imported_Willow30

If you lost the town to another faction the guards will be loyal to them and not your faction regardless who placed them.

Now whether this is intended or not, I cannot tell you for sure. It has been this way since I joined about a year ago. It does make sense that those guards would be become your guards if you take over the town.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its allways been like this.
its just they dont change the graphic of the guards to the new factions guards.
but as soon as you place the sig in town, any of the enemy factions guards will automatically revert to being yours.

but they remain the graphic of what they where when they where created.

K

Kylas

<blockquote><hr>

but as soon as you place the sig in town, any of the enemy factions guards will automatically revert to being yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has not always been like this. Faction guards are suppose to (use to) despawn the instant a town changes hands.

I lost count of the time I ran into a 40 stack of guards and dropped a sigil and only lived because the guards despawned the instant town control changed.

Dig

K

Kylas

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It has not always been like this. Faction guards are suppose to (use to) despawn the instant a town changes hands.

I lost count of the time I ran into a 40 stack of guards and dropped a sigil and only lived because the guards despawned the instant town control changed.

Dig

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think it has always been like this. I think they only despawned "looked like they got guard wacked" when they were flagged on you and you placed the sig. I've had them all despawn like that, and I have also seen the TB guards stay spawned when towns changed ownership. To be honest the situation has not occured enough for me to be certain of the exact situations and what exactly happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying the bug doesnt happen...

I am saying all the previously guards and NPC's are suppose to despawn when town's change ownership. This is how it worked when factions started and worked for several years after..

Cant say when it broke.

Dig

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again, its not like this is a everyday event, but on the few times that i have been witness to it IT HAS ALLWAYS BEEN THIS WAY.

that just from what ive seen.
who knows, maybe is shard specific.
that wouldnt suprise me.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

It would be nice if there was more information out there on how the system was intended to work.