• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another are these legacy pets worth anything thread

hungrymedusa1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello tamers. I came back - again - and I have some pre patch animals in my stable in Pac including two nightmares and a ww. I am planning on transferring my tamer to Atlantic. I have been playing off an on since 97 and came back for a little bit when animal training went live. I have always liked nightmares, especially the light long hair one.

Can you help me know if these three are worth anything? I have never had more than 2 mil in the bank - I am super casual. I "trained" Nick before I left and he seems to have good stats, but does that translate to anything good when I actually TRAIN him?

Last question - I have 2 fire steed and a regular dragon too. Can these be trained up decently, or should I release for other pets?

Here is what I have:

Nick (nightmare):

nick.JPG

Other PP Nightmare:

mare.jpg

Dreadmare "Frontino" tino1.JPG

WW:

ww.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Id give 50M for Nick. 20M for other Nightmare

The dreadmare is too much for me. >150M

Welcome back

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nick, if trained correctly, could be a good pet, both could be. Something like Nick I would pay 75m or maybe more. The other nightmare would fetch a bit less.

The dreadmare was trained before patch 98, I see it's 4 slots now. That decreases his value a bit, but most people just dread as status symbols so it would still get a fair bit.

The wyrm is worth a fair bit also. Wyrms start at about 75m and go up depending upon how much strength it has, yours is 9 from cap so it's pretty darn good.

A lot of people train their wyrms and nightmares. Again, you want to do it right because no redos on animals.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What @Pawain said:

Also for the rare pets you kind of hate to Fix prices since they vary but here they are today on Atlantic.

PP mares vary in price a little, dep. on stats, usual price is 50-60-80 Million EACH also depending on stats.
PP WW price is much higher, usually 100-120 Million EACH.
** Dreadmare is completely different story : Current pricing is around 250-350 Million EACH minimum for a basic one. UNLESS --> Dreadmare is NOT 3 slots!
Sadly your dread is 4 slots, so I am not sure of its value at all. They will not revert to 3 slots with release-retame, far as I know at the prsent time. So that is a problem. Frankly I would avoid selling it, since you may not get good value out of it at all, and who knows in t he future i t may be "fixable"? I would not "train" or "start training" the dread though, in my opinion. This unfortunate pet and several others may in a future publish be able to be taken back to 3 slots and salvaged, but we do not know this..Just my opinion, could be wrong..

Bane Dragon 90 Million current pricing, and for high stats banes 150 Million EACH. (Pple want these to make the Chiv special OR super-stacked PvP killer pet). Trained banes can sell for 450-500 Million each!
PP Bake-Kitsune 2 slot only : 50 M- 100 M or more depending on stats and buyer.
**These are all ATL pricings, current, but they can fluctuate. May be different prices in diff. shards.
** Do not try to train any of the PP pets on production shards -- it is almost certain that they may be ruined, unless you know the taming system better. Also if you decide to start training them, train them FIRST on Test server TC1 after you copy your tamer there!

*** Finally do not sell rare pets in game: People will try to give you less than they are really worth, then they will turn around and sell them and make huge profits. List and sell them here in Stratics, and also COPY THIS THREAD AND PICTURE TO THE TRADERS FORUM as well, since a lot of people do not even come to taming forum, they go straight to traders forum.
Make auction, get bids from many people, and sell to the highest bidder, esp if you decide to sell the dreadmare or the WW!

Welcome back, and I hope this helps!:)

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What @Pawain .They will not revert to 3 slots with release-retame, far as I know at the prsent time. So that is a problem. Frankly I would avoid selling it, since you may not get good value out of it at all, and who knows in t he future i t may be "fixable"? I would not "train" or "start training" the dread though, in my opinion. This unfortunate pet and several others may in a future publish be able to be taken back to 3 slots and salvaged, but we do not know this..Just my opinion, could be wrong..
They will never EVER EVER revisit it ever (outside of an entire taming system revamp which they just did in patch 97). That whole system brought about a lot of exploits with it. It actually shouldn't have even been brought up to them as an option because again.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
They will never EVER EVER revisit it ever (outside of an entire taming system revamp which they just did in patch 97). That whole system brought about a lot of exploits with it. It actually shouldn't have even been brought up to them as an option because again.
Yep..Sad the way things happened. But at least those bug/exploits are over..:)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like Nick.

If you are selling any of the pets, do not train them.

I need to quit bidding, this is turning into a pet auction forum.

hungrymedusa1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks, everyone. I will probably keep Nick and the Dread forever. Sad he is a 4 slot but what can you do?

I tamed Nick back when there were mares in Fel Covetous, so he has been with me a long time. I got PKed by the Fallen Lords? I think trying for a light mare with long hair. Fun times.

I might sell the WW and the other mare in the future - especially the WW. I really prefer having a mountable pet. I am planning on freshly taming some 2 slot mares to experiment with before I dive in to any pre patch training though.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am planning on freshly taming some 2 slot mares to experiment with before I dive in to any pre patch training though
In my opinion, that is an OUTSTANDING idea! Tame some 2 slot ones, and train them up (you ARE going to screw some of them up :)). Write down the "beginning stats", especially the STR and HP's so you will have a reference. After A LOT of trail and error you should get a good idea of how much better the PP ones will be. Good luck!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
In my opinion, that is an OUTSTANDING idea! Tame some 2 slot ones, and train them up (you ARE going to screw some of them up :)). Write down the "beginning stats", especially the STR and HP's so you will have a reference. After A LOT of trail and error you should get a good idea of how much better the PP ones will be. Good luck!
Agree..Also try a doggie (Cusidhe) or 2, theyre 3 slots and get 2 levels of upgrade, and if you mess up, you can get a new one..If so, try one with high str and low cold/energy resists, so that you may sell if you want, make a buck or two..GL

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Copy everything over to TS and have fun. If you make a mistake copy again until you get what you want.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks, everyone. I will probably keep Nick and the Dread forever. Sad he is a 4 slot but what can you do?

I tamed Nick back when there were mares in Fel Covetous, so he has been with me a long time. I got PKed by the Fallen Lords? I think trying for a light mare with long hair. Fun times.

I might sell the WW and the other mare in the future - especially the WW. I really prefer having a mountable pet. I am planning on freshly taming some 2 slot mares to experiment with before I dive in to any pre patch training though.

Great decision on Nick and your dreadmare. If I was you, i'd probably keep the wyrm too, but again, that's if it was me.

You will want to thoroughly understand the basics of training before you begin on any legacy animals. You may want to review my legacy nightmare training guide so you know what to look for when training.

hungrymedusa1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I have been taming some 2 slot mares and a 3 slot new colored one popped. I tamed it. Are these generally worth keeping, or should I be culling them? This one is a long haired light color with the white face.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You want a new color 2 slot. 2 slot void is most valuable. The other new color 2 slot are for your own use as a magery pet.