• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

anomaty or resisting spells

JustMe

Adventurer
I'm building a Sampire and am having a hard time deciding between Anomaty and Resisting spells. is the damage bonus from Anomaty worth it? I remember resisting spells used to be that it reduced the damage spells did against you and now I'm quite confused on why to have it. can anyone help clear this up. thanks for the responses in advance!

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
Resisting spells defends only against non-damaging offensive spells (de-buffs). Spells like paralyze, curse, blood oath, corpse skin, etc. The Wiki on UO.com has more info on it.

It's not bad to train up both and use them in different situations with soul stones. See what works best for you. Fighting a lot of casters, resist may be more helpful.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm building a Sampire and am having a hard time deciding between Anomaty and Resisting spells. is the damage bonus from Anomaty worth it? I remember resisting spells used to be that it reduced the damage spells did against you and now I'm quite confused on why to have it. can anyone help clear this up. thanks for the responses in advance!
What's the damage increase from 120 anatomy? If you're not using healing is it still worth it?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Resist skill mostly defends against debuffs and status ailment spells. There's a few instances where it can directly reduce damage taken, like Pain Spike, Blood Oath, or even fully resist the damage of the Life Leech Aura of Shadow Fiends at the Khaldun Champ Spawn.

I usually just soulstone Resist on and off, depending on what i'm hunting. Champ spawns? Definitely Resist, get spammed with Paralyze and Mana Drain too often at those.

Although, i'm kind of looking forward to laughing at people who try foregoing Resisting Spells in New Legacy, and they wonder why Orc Mages are pwning them with E-Bolts and Flamestrikes.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Try both and swap them with SoulStones, but I would learn how to play with Resist Spells first before adding Anatomy. Especially if you're going to be running Champ spawns, I find it to be more helpful than Anat.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Try both and swap them with SoulStones, but I would learn how to play with Resist Spells first before adding Anatomy. Especially if you're going to be running Champ spawns, I find it to be more helpful than Anat.
What's the damage increase with 120 anatomy

Bulldog

Visitor
I broadly agree that resist is the easiest to play and works in most situations solo. You will absolutely need resist for doom as your die from blood oath without it but 2/4 second bandages combined with bushido confidence/evade, a trap box and a mana leech on your weapon makes a powerful co op samp that can use much cheaper gear to smash everything in the game.