• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ann's Bones - Easter Egg or Trick?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
During the first week of the Halloween event I got Red Mesanna bones off of a Skeletal Knight/Bone Knight in one of the cemeteries. It had the same hit points as the named ones. Since then I have gotten 4 sets of Ann's Bones off of the Skeletal Knights, so did they do this to make the MesANNa one's more rare or is it a bug or a trick? There were no Skeletal Knights named Ann, there are no players named Ann on Legends that I'm aware of and this has happened in different cemeteries on different days. Has anyone else found Ann's bones?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These were skeletons that didn't have a name? I don't even open those to look. If they are named Ann then you have an Ann getting killed on your server.

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These were skeletons that didn't have a name? I don't even open those to look. If they are named Ann then you have an Ann getting killed on your server.
No, there isn't an Ann on the server and there are no Ann named skeleton zombies. These were unnamed Skeletal Knights with the same 2500+ hitpoints as the named ones.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Mesanna bones were from a player with a character named Mesanna, just like Ann is.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, there isn't an Ann on the server and there are no Ann named skeleton zombies. These were unnamed Skeletal Knights with the same 2500+ hitpoints as the named ones.
I make interesting names each year. Just use a trial acct or have a disposable spot. I have not seen an un-named skele with high hit points.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, Ann seems like a pretty generic name. I happened to die while under the effect of a disguise kit, and I later found skeletons with the disguise name, and even collected her bones. So, thats a possibility.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I make interesting names each year. Just use a trial acct or have a disposable spot. I have not seen an un-named skele with high hit points.
Th other day I did see two skeletal knights in Fel Cove that had the 2200+HP. One gave me bones with the name Dameon Thisont"s (it is either quotation marks or double apostrophes). I had assumed that the character (") caused an error on the monster but worked on the bones. I then went to Fel Brit and there was another high HP knight that I didn't kill when I ran out of bandies and recalled. This was on Catskill.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Mesanna bones were from a player with a character named Mesanna, just like Ann is.
Wrong, there wasn't a Mesanna or an Ann character on that got killed . There is a rare chance for her bones to spawn in unnamed Skeletal Knights. As far as Ann goes, there were no Skels named Ann. I've been doing all the cemetaries in Fel & Tram on Legends for the last 18 days. Most times I'm the only one doing them. I gotten over 200 Carving Kits from the Butchers and dozens and dozens of named bones. Most of the unnamed skeletal knights I've killed didn't have bones, but 5 Anns so far and the one Mesanna one. In the 18 days of doing this there have been NO named ones with the name of Ann and all the Ann bones came from unnamed ones so that is not the answer.

Last edited:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wrong, there wasn't a Mesanna or an Ann character on that got killed . There is a rare chance for her bones to spawn in unnamed Skeletal Knights. As far as Ann goes, there were no Skels named Ann. I've been doing all the cemetaries in Fel & Tram on Legends for the last 18 days. Most times I'm the only one doing them. I gotten over 200 Carving Kits from the Butchers and dozens and dozens of named bones. Most of the unnamed skeletal knights I've killed didn't have bones, but 5 Anns so far and the one Mesanna one. In the 18 days of doing this there have been NO named ones with the name of Ann and all the Ann bones came from unnamed ones so that is not the answer.

This is such BS. There is no "rare" bone container, this is just something people spread when they try to sell the Mesanna bones they make from their own characters.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is such BS. There is no "rare" bone container, this is just something people spread when they try to sell the Mesanna bones they make from their own characters.
If it came from a character created death then the Skeletal Knight would have Mesanna's Name, not just a Skeletal Knight. I'm not trying to sell anything. I have the container locked down in my cemetery on my castle roof. You can not make a character named Mesanna (try it), although there may be some out there from before they disallowed the name. But if it was from a character called Messana that died there would be Mesanna Skeleton Zombies. This was from an Unnamed one that had 2500+ hit points, the same is true for the ones with the Ann bones I got. In the hundreds of named skeleton zombies I killed, not ONE was named Mesanna or Ann. Legends is a low population shard and I know for certain that there was not an Ann that died.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it came from a character created death then the Skeletal Knight would have Mesanna's Name, not just a Skeletal Knight. I'm not trying to sell anything. I have the container locked down in my cemetery on my castle roof. You can not make a character named Mesanna (try it), although there may be some out there from before they disallowed the name. But if it was from a character called Messana that died there would be Mesanna Skeleton Zombies. This was from an Unnamed one that had 2500+ hit points, the same is true for the ones with the Ann bones I got. In the hundreds of named skeleton zombies I killed, not ONE was named Mesanna or Ann. Legends is a low population shard and I know for certain that there was not an Ann that died.

There are TONS of Mesanna characters made before they changed it.

Again, there have NEVER been rare bone containers, they have ALL been character names. I dont know why its bugging out and not having the skeletal knights having the name, but they are not "rare".

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they're character ones why have I not seen a Single Mesanna Skeleton Zombie, or a Single Ann Skeleton Zombie on Legends?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wrong, there wasn't a Mesanna or an Ann character on that got killed .
:facepalm: And I guess the next thing you will tell us is The Dark Lady herself carved some pumpkins and gave them all to the same person on Alt to sell.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are TONS of Mesanna characters made before they changed it.

Again, there have NEVER been rare bone containers, they have ALL been character names. I dont know why its bugging out and not having the skeletal knights having the name, but they are not "rare".

Yeah, seems much more likely that its just a bug that's causing them to not have a name, (or someone is not paying close attention and it DOES have a name) cause I have been skeleton camping pretty hard all month and I have seen no abnormalities or heard anything about it anywhere outside of this post.

If there were some "rare" bones more than one person would know about about it by now. Plus... I really doubt that the rare bones would be "Ann" bones.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh lordy not more mesanna merchandise [ trademark ]...jeepers soon there will be new mesanna stuff we can buy from EAs store.....[whatever]

Avenrose

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't know about the Ann bones but the Mesanna ones are someone make a character with that name and dieing over and over to get the zombies to spawn, I watched a person on Atl doing it in ilsh...as for the no name Zombies that drop bones I have seen many of them and have gotten many different bones from them, my guess is that they spawn with no name when to many people die at once, it confusses the que on names so it comes up blank or its just a coding error. Just my 2 pennies

Last edited:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting thread...
Whatever it is, though, if the OP has already collected 5 of them and only 1 Mesanna, I think it's safe to say that is not rare.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know about the Ann bones but the Mesanna ones are someone make a character with that name and dieing over and over to get the zombies to spawn, I watched a person on Atl doing it in ilsh...as for the no name Zombies that drop bones I have seen many of them and have gotten many different bones from them, my guess is that they spawn with no name when to many people die at once, it confusses the que on names so it comes up blank or its just a coding error. Just my 2 pennies
Yep was on Origin last night saw a Mesanna thought wtf?????? So went into the bank and saw it was a person who made that char..... far as I recall making such a character IS a Bannable offense. Just saying.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is not possible to create a character named Mesanna--try it--you cannot.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could about 2 years ago make a char named Mesanna, but it is no longer allowed. Also if you page on a char with the name, they won't be banned but the char will be deleted. Needless to say, there is most likely quite a few Mesanna chars still tucked away on accts.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You could about 2 years ago make a char named Mesanna, but it is no longer allowed. Also if you page on a char with the name, they won't be banned but the char will be deleted. Needless to say, there is most likely quite a few Mesanna chars still tucked away on accts.
Used to be it was a bannable offense to try to pass yourself off as a DEV.... it's a violation of the ToS.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
During the first week of the Halloween event I got Red Mesanna bones off of a Skeletal Knight/Bone Knight in one of the cemeteries. It had the same hit points as the named ones. Since then I have gotten 4 sets of Ann's Bones off of the Skeletal Knights, so did they do this to make the MesANNa one's more rare or is it a bug or a trick? There were no Skeletal Knights named Ann, there are no players named Ann on Legends that I'm aware of and this has happened in different cemeteries on different days. Has anyone else found Ann's bones?
That is from a char named Mesanna. You could make char names like that before, now it is illegal. So, my bet is that naming monster with mesanna falls into same category, and is illegal...so therefore just a skeleton.

Lightfoot

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last year I logged on very early right after the Halloween event started. I went to the Brit graveyard on LS and was attacked by "A Zombie Skeleton". No player name was involved. After I killed the creature, I found a set of white bones called "Bones' bones". A second one spawned and I got another set. Same name. I went off to look at something else and never saw an unnamed zombie skeleton again. I still have both those skeletons in my bank box. Never found a character named "Bones" so I believe this was the basic template for these creatures before we discovered dying in a graveyard caused named zombie skeletons to spawn. Make of this what you will.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The main point I would like to make though is....

REALLY?!?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You may recommend but players will do it. There has been little to no punishment for "bending the rules " in UO.
Well When somone thought they would be smart and named their character King B1ackthorn...... at an EM event their character got a free name change.... to something stupid like Bob...

I still believe that should be an automatic mark on your account and a 3 day suspension ..... second offense like that ought to be a second mark on your account and a 3 week suspension..... third strike and your out.

But maybe that's just me

Last edited:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well When somone thought they would be smart and named their character King B1ackthorn...... at an EM event their character got a free name change.... to something stupid like Bob...

I still believe that should be an automatic mark on your account and a 3 day suspension ..... second offense like that ought to be a second mark on your account and a 3 week suspension..... third strike and your out.

But maybe that's just me

I agree but as you know and many others know there is not much policing in UO unless players report them. EA has always done this with all their MMO's. Police it themselves at first to a point you can't even fart in the game with out a GM showing up then later you learn you can take a huge poo in the game and not get in trouble for it. That is EA's way of policing a game. I call it the Exlax effect.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
btw, when you die on your mesanna character, the skeleton that gets created doesn't have mesanna in its name - it's nameless, but you can still get mesanna named bones from it - not saying how I know ... hehe

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
btw, when you die on your mesanna character, the skeleton that gets created doesn't have mesanna in its name - it's nameless, but you can still get mesanna named bones from it - not saying how I know ... hehe
Nameless how? Does it say zombie skeleton or just the normal skeletal knight name?

Now what about Ann....

foxfoxfox

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I believe it is possible. Last year I got EM's bone, and I still have it. I believed EM was testing something in the shard during that time.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There IS someone on Legends with a char named Mesanna. He made the char back .....the Halloween had the evil twins spawn with the cool colored clothes? That's when he made it because he had a Luna vendor fill with clothes he'd made from that cloth that all said "made by Mesanna". Okay Fast forward to this summer when Mesanna was fixing one of those things only she could fix. She was checking out my stuff and spied the dress. She inform me she DID NOT make that and it was a FAKE. I said I suspicioned that considering who's vendor I bought it from. I will not post his name as its a violation of the rules...shoot me a PM I'll tell you EXACTLY who it is. I'll give ya'll a hint...think ultimate douchebaggery.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen quite a few of the super bone knights spawn without a name of the person. Some have had bones, some haven't. Them spawning without a name on them is a bug.