• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ANNOYING WEIGHT ISSUE!!!!!!!!!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Okay I logged in emptied my bag and was still 274 weight???

I killed myself cuz I can only care 275 and it resets

I log back in 10 mins later and im 349 weight

This is gosh darn annoying. I have to kill myself every time I log in?!?!?

He has a Replica stable thing
Hitching rope
and the big Gems from the Gem Cart Vet reward and they all have the normal weight

Tried to die this time and now im over weight as a ghost.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had this problem before, 300 some stones while naked and with an empty pack. Just had to page a GM to fix it.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice to know what causes this to happen...if nothing more than for curiosity's sake!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had to page a GM to fix it. Good luck!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's like a Christmas Carol, all those heavy chains Jacob Marley had to carry around as a ghost! It seems you were especially naughty! :D

T

Tazar

I'm not sure if it was ever fixed or not, but the salvage bag used to be bugged so that it could make this happen. Basically, do not use the "Salvage All" option and do the leather/iron separately. If they fixed that, then no clue what it is.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've never owned a salvage bag and this still happened to me.

H

Harb

Its happened to me several times, but that was some time ago (years I think). Never knew what caused it, I don't think it ever happened more than once on a single character, and each time I had to page a GM to have it fixed. I have no idea how badly current staffing may affect your page - good luck!!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Cut the carbs and do some exercise. Or if youre a necro exorcise....

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this happen years ago, paged a GM, next thing I know I'm booted out of the game and when I came back in I was normal. So I guess they reset your character or something? It's definitely fixable anyways.

Make sure your page is very specific, something like:
I am overweight, even as a ghost I can't move, and need to have my character reset.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this trouble once when the salvage bags first came out. Hopefully a GM can help you.

B

BartofCats

when you page tho... MAKE SURE YOU TELL THE GM THAT YOU WANT YOUR ITEMS BACK. Otherwise the idiot will make them disappear instead of giving them back to you. And they can do that. the GM reviewer said that it should have been that way.

W

wee papa smurf

I can see how that would be annoying, over weight ghosts? mcdonalds need to go ahead and start shutting there cafe's down :p

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when you page tho... MAKE SURE YOU TELL THE GM THAT YOU WANT YOUR ITEMS BACK. Otherwise the idiot will make them disappear instead of giving them back to you. And they can do that. the GM reviewer said that it should have been that way.
Not sure about that. If you mention anything about wanting items back you might get a canned message of them saying they cannot replace items, lol. Of course that does depend on how well they read the page.