• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Annoying health bars for Bards

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm a returned player very recently so the new EC setup is still somewhat new to me.

As a bard, I frequently pulled up the health bars of enemies in dungeons to make it easier to select targets and monitor health when provoking or peacemaking. However, the new system doesn't allow the use of right-click and the X to close out of the health bars is so tiny that it makes it difficult. I frequently find myself taking the pause and clean up my screen of the several health bars accumulated there.

Is there some kind of mod that I can use to add back in the right-click close of the health bars or am I just failing as a bard by actually clicking on the health bars to begin with? Maybe some macro system that I could implement that would be easier?

Help a newb out.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you are using my ui, just disable those useless button and you can close the bars with alt + click on the bar...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I much prefer right-click to get rid of health bars, I find the alt + left click a pain especially when there are lots of bars. It is adding an extra step in having to hold down the alt key, which in a large spawn is very distracting to have to use to clear the screen. I also wish health bars would disappear when you were a screen away from the mob as a 'default' action. If you don't want disappearing health bars give that as an option rather than them staying for ever on your screen.

When my stealther does the exodus dungeon and is dragging healthbars left and right to 'steal' from mobs, it has got to where I just drag the darn bars to the bottom right of my screen out of the way rather than alt - left click to get rid of them. When I get home I log in and out rather then do Alt + click, Alt + click ditto ditto ditto a hundred times to get rid of the pile of used health bars.

A quick right click to get rid of the bars when actually playing would save a LOT of time and energy.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I much prefer right-click to get rid of health bars, I find the alt + left click a pain especially when there are lots of bars. It is adding an extra step in having to hold down the alt key, which in a large spawn is very distracting to have to use to clear the screen. I also wish health bars would disappear when you were a screen away from the mob as a 'default' action. If you don't want disappearing health bars give that as an option rather than them staying for ever on your screen.

When my stealther does the exodus dungeon and is dragging healthbars left and right to 'steal' from mobs, it has got to where I just drag the darn bars to the bottom right of my screen out of the way rather than alt - left click to get rid of them. When I get home I log in and out rather then do Alt + click, Alt + click ditto ditto ditto a hundred times to get rid of the pile of used health bars.

A quick right click to get rid of the bars when actually playing would save a LOT of time and energy.
then just "enable the old close style" and there you go, you can close the bars with right click... :p

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
then just "enable the old close style" and there you go, you can close the bars with right click... :p
Really, hadn't actually tried that, but i guess you have to have the old style for all things, and forgo the nice stuff like heal / cure etc that is great for pets/friends/party etc.

I love the heal, cure and spell buttons on pets/friends bars. *sigh*

Would just be nice to have the NICE health bars with right click close. Guess you can't have everything :(

Any chance of a toggle between health bar styles?

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really, hadn't actually tried that, but i guess you have to have the old style for all things, and forgo the nice stuff like heal / cure etc that is great for pets/friends/party etc.

I love the heal, cure and spell buttons on pets/friends bars. *sigh*

Would just be nice to have the NICE health bars with right click close. Guess you can't have everything :(

Any chance of a toggle between health bar styles?
?
it just changes the way to close the bar...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
?
it just changes the way to close the bar...
Yes my mistake, i was interpreting 'Enable Healthbars Old Close Style' to mean the health bars would be like in the CC with the closed in blue or red solid background color and none of the spell button options etc.

However, having toggled it on it is performing exactly as i wanted, without actually changing the look of the health bar. :)

Now have the ease of right click closing with all the great pinko options on the bar. All good!

Last edited: