• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Annoying Bug Covetous Prison Level and Pet Health Bar

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Was fighting a Cove Wyrm in the Prison Level.. had gift of renewal up and consume damage (level 3) up and running. Health bar on pet looked fine as it was only around 10% damage. Had to leave and went to recall out. Pet died as soon as I began recalling. The only thing I can figure is the bar was glitched some way and he had substantially more damage than it was showing.

Just putting it out there *shrugs*

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sadly, that's a common bug for players that play int he EC.. if ya have to leave the screen your pet or to many things are on the screen sometimes it freeze captures the % of HP on the bar... so ya have to dismiss( click it of) then pull it back up again to see the real bar.. I get this a lot down at Navrey. =* [

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have heard about it in the EC.. but I am lifer CC. Had never heard about that happening with it. Bug seems contagious lol.
If you use a macro that bandages or heals follower, it puts up another pet bar. Sometimes both pet bars will show the pet at full life when in reality your pet is losing life. You can toss a regular heal or bandage and it will make the bars read correctly.

Maybe that is what is happening to you.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Only had one pet bar up and was not using a macro to heal.. was just standing back watching. Thought it was strange that the Cu was not taking hardly any damage at all from a Wyrm on that level lol

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think it may have had something to do with you recalling out. I have noticed, in CC, that sometimes the consume damage seems to "go away" if I recall away from my pet and then come back. Once I "take it off" and then reapply it works like normal again. Just a thought.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Interesting situation..

but, had not recalled away from it and came back, was there for the duration of the fight. Was just recalling out to leave.

fusionx86

Visitor
I use EC only and this happens to me all the time and even causes me to let pets die unkowingly. I spend a lot of time at champ spawns where this bug is particularly bad and frustrating.

I'm returning to UO after a couple years and don't remember having this problem with EC before. I usually have to use animal lore to get the true health of my pet. Often, the champ will remain at 100% health the entire fight until it dies. I'm surprised nothing is being done about this because it causes real problems.