• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Annoyances

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the EC. There's no way I could get back to the CC, since I could never live with 800x600 again, not with a Full-HD-monitor. Also the UI is much better.

I just did some champ spawns. Usually I just press "target nearest enemy" (TNE) and then "attack current target". Works like a charm. At least at the beginning.

But why does TNE target a player summon? This is so annoying. Makes this action pretty useless...

Next thing is, that the EC still displays mobs, which are dead for quite time. These "ghost mobs" just stand in the spot, where they have died and still are a valid target for TNE. This plain sucks and should be fixed ASAP. During one champ spawn, my Client produced about 6-8 such ghost mobs and they seem to stay forever...

Next one isn't combat related. But it's so annying when the client hangs, if something big or some crowded place comes into view. Client freezes for about almost a second every time a house pops up or a bunch of players appear are more than perceivable and even more annoying. Every client should stay responsive, no matter what you're doing. Every programmer should know that. Hey, we've got 2012. Background work should stay in the background and not be done in the UI thread or block the UI thread.

And of course there are still some areas, where the client is crashing more frequently. This is also a bug, which is more than overdue.

I truly hope, that these issues are fixed before the new hi-res art arrives... Preferably even this year...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the EC. There's no way I could get back to the CC, since I could never live with 800x600 again, not with a Full-HD-monitor. Also the UI is much better.

I just did some champ spawns. Usually I just press "target nearest enemy" (TNE) and then "attack current target". Works like a charm. At least at the beginning.

But why does TNE target a player summon? This is so annoying. Makes this action pretty useless...

Next thing is, that the EC still displays mobs, which are dead for quite time. These "ghost mobs" just stand in the spot, where they have died and still are a valid target for TNE. This plain sucks and should be fixed ASAP. During one champ spawn, my Client produced about 6-8 such ghost mobs and they seem to stay forever...

Next one isn't combat related. But it's so annying when the client hangs, if something big or some crowded place comes into view. Client freezes for about almost a second every time a house pops up or a bunch of players appear are more than perceivable and even more annoying. Every client should stay responsive, no matter what you're doing. Every programmer should know that. Hey, we've got 2012. Background work should stay in the background and not be done in the UI thread or block the UI thread.

And of course there are still some areas, where the client is crashing more frequently. This is also a bug, which is more than overdue.

I truly hope, that these issues are fixed before the new hi-res art arrives... Preferably even this year...
all those issues exists since day 1 :D

the target nearest enemy can be replaced with the smart version in my UI that grants you to target only the mobiles in the mobile list (also avoid fake ones)