• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Announcing the start of this year's Best Shot in the Realm Contest!

• Thread starter imported_Orion S|A
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Orion S|A

To all residents of Baja!

It gives me great pleasure to announce the start of the new season for the Best Shot in the Realm contest! This month’s event will take place on February 17 and be held at the Skara Brae Fairgrounds. The event kicks off with some light refreshments starting at 4:00 PST. Registration will begin at 4:20 PST with the event starting at 4:30 PST (7:30 EST, 6:30 CST, 5:30 MST).

The Best Shot in the Realm Contest (BSR) is a monthly free event hosted by the Society of Archers. Archers of all skill levels are invited to compete and take aim at this month’s prize which is a minimum of 200,000 gold. A new prize has been added this season with each month’s winner taking home a custom made Frostwood bow prepared by our own craftsmen and engraved to commemorate the occasion. The winner also receives an invitation to compete in the annual Tournament of Champions held but once a year. The Tournament of Champions is where the winners of each monthly event meet once again to determine who the very best Archer on Baja is!

Last season’s Tournament of Champions was won by the Society of Archer’s own Lil Debi who took home over 15 million in gold and prizes including a 120 Archery Power Scroll, Dryad’s bow, Hunter’s Headdress and more! The event was a phenomenal display of skill and accuracy as each of the monthly winners competed for the right to be called Champion. Lil Debi is also the first in the history of the event to win back to back Tournament of Champions as she successfully defended her title from 2006!

I’d like to take a moment also to recap last year’s winners:

Lil Debi [S|A]
2006 BSR Grand Champion
2007 BSR Grand Champion
November 2007 BSR Winner

Jaun'ty [RoC] (February 2007)
Taylor [S|A] (March 2007, June 2007)
Lord Areodante [CTDM] (April 2007, October 2007)
Kathryn [S|A] (May 2007)
Rufus [UG.K] (July 2007)
Lord Steve Austin [BLS] (August 2007, September 2007)
Chango [MTI] (December 2007)

Many thanks to all who assisted with the events and donated time or prizes to make last year’s season so successful! We look forward to seeing you at the Fairgrounds!

Sincerely,

Orion of the Society of Archers

I

imported_Yalp

Wooo HOO can't wait.. I plan to send my sinister side to the event. If I don't win, I'll turn you all in toads!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm ... I may have to squeeze the meet into my schedule would be a sight to see Toads jumping around!!!!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Orion,

It's great seeing the BSR going strong. Please tell everyone in S|A that they're doing a great job and keep up the much-appreciated, excellent work! That's two thumbs up, 69 snaps, and a smack on my right bum cheek for the exemplary work/coordination.

I

imported_Orion S|A

<blockquote><hr>

Hail Orion,

It's great seeing the BSR going strong. Please tell everyone in S|A that they're doing a great job and keep up the much-appreciated, excellent work! That's two thumbs up, 69 snaps, and a smack on my right bum cheek for the exemplary work/coordination.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xel, thanks for the compliments and I look forward to seeing everyone there!