• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Announcing the Return of "The LA Informer" Newspaper

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hi everyone!

Tamais and I got together after the February Governor's meeting and decided that we would work to advertise events and community news via a new shard newspaper!

Back a few years ago, I ran a paper for some time called the "LA Informer" (but once or twice forgot and called it the "Inquirer"... must've been my 'gossipy' versions! LOL). I volunteered to do the work on the return of the paper, since Tamais has a great deal to do here!

I would love to see submissions to the newspaper. It is being distributed at Luna Bank and West Brit Bank every Sunday. The copies are in brown book form - which unfortunately decay within an hour or so - and therefore we do several sets of deliveries a day! I hope you all will come and pick up a copy!

I also have a vendor at the relatively new "Veritas Inn and Bar" which is a totally open house for the public, and conveniently located just outside the East Gate of Luna (2nd house to the south if you go straight out the gate). At the vendor that contains the newspapers, you can find a mailbox for submissions as well. Just place your article, event, establishment advertisement, or submission in the mailbox, with a contact if you need to, and I will put it into the paper for the next Sunday's edition!

I hope that the "LA Informer's" return will be helpful in the community life of the shard!

-- El of LA

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The very first thing I did upon logging into Lake Austin for the first time since 2007 was read the LA Informer on the ground at the Luna Bank. Nice work and thanks for putting this together!
Thanks so much! I'm delighted that you found it so quickly!