• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Candidate For Governor of Jhelom

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings citizens of Jhelom,

As you all may know, the second tier of Elections for Governors is about to commence. I am happy to say that I am a proud candidate for the seat of Governor of Jhelom. First off, let me formally introduce myself.

My name is Alexander, I am with the guild United We Fight on the Atlantic Shard. I have many a title behind my name, which includes:

Toad Town Event Coordinator
Sergeant Of The Knights Of The Crux Ansata
Honor Guard for His Majesty, King Blackthorn
Rares Festival Host 2011 & 2013

Among these titles comes a great deal of Honor, Courage, and Dignity. Jhelom needs a leader who can stand up for the public and give them what they ask for. I tell you now, with me as Governor, I will make it my number one priority to deliver a safer zone to live in.

I tell you know, I will not fail the duties and obligations this role brings forth. I proclaim to always listen to the people of Jhelom and fulfill the wishes of the city, make peace treaties with other cities as well as discuss many trade agreements to help keep the city running.

With me as Governor, I will provide entertainment for the public, monthly meetings to discuss what needs to be changed, and will also be there for my people when needed. I will not fail you all and will do the very best to please you, the city, and the Crown.

Until next time, my fellow citizens of Jhelom.

~ Alexander of Atlantic

Last edited:

Buck Oily

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
*slithers from under the rock*

Yet another candidate tosses their proverbial hat in the ring. I do not know much about you sir, but if you will indulge me I do have one question for now that need to be addressed. I am on record as not being a fan of the mindless minions that make up the Crux Ansata. Often times they blindly follow the commands of their leader who we all know has a rather *clears throat* checkered past to say the least. What assurances do we have that you will do what is in the best interest for the citizens of Jhelom if an order comes down that is to the detriment of Jhelom? All too often the order takes precedence over what benefits the greater good of the citizens, especially when the person in the leadership role has such a high rank in the fighting unit. I do not question your Honor, Courage, or Dignity as I do not know you well enough to question those *takes a slight dramatic pause and slowly shifts to a slight condescending look* but I do question your true motivation, agenda and loyalty. A man with divided loyalty can be a recipe for disaster.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*slithers from under the rock*

Yet another candidate tosses their proverbial hat in the ring. I do not know much about you sir, but if you will indulge me I do have one question for now that need to be addressed. I am on record as not being a fan of the mindless minions that make up the Crux Ansata. Often times they blindly follow the commands of their leader who we all know has a rather *clears throat* checkered past to say the least. What assurances do we have that you will do what is in the best interest for the citizens of Jhelom if an order comes down that is to the detriment of Jhelom? All too often the order takes precedence over what benefits the greater good of the citizens, especially when the person in the leadership role has such a high rank in the fighting unit. I do not question your Honor, Courage, or Dignity as I do not know you well enough to question those *takes a slight dramatic pause and slowly shifts to a slight condescending look* but I do question your true motivation, agenda and loyalty. A man with divided loyalty can be a recipe for disaster.
Good Evening Sir!!

It is fair to question the loyalty of a candidate, after all, you as a citizen do in fact want the best leader to govern your town. I can say now that If I am elected, my personal believes and opinions will be pushed aside so that I could please and protect the citizens of Jhelom. We will have monthly meetings before the big Council meeting so I can hear the voices of my citizens.

Fear not, If there comes a time that Jhelom is attacked by fears mobs or savage pirates, we will be trained to the best of our abilities to blockade such attacks. After all, Jhelom is home to the warrior, it IS the symbol of the city itself.

I assure you, it won't be a regret voting me to be Governor.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all the people running for the new elections, how much interaction have you tried or have had with current governor's with any towns in which you might be apart of?
This isn't directed in you Alexander, just in general about all the town elections.
So when people vote for the next terms, look on what the person has done to help the towns when they wasn't governor, also look at what the governor has done in events or ways to bring people into towns (if applies)...

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Alex holding the position as one of the higher ranking officers of the Crux Ansata and Jhelom being the originating town seat for the Crux makes him a viable candidate. Alex fought under the leadership of Lady Amanadine and for the Crown under the late Queen Dawn, who also bestowed her honors on Alex at the Luna fairgrounds Grand opening.
Alex hosted both rares Fests in 2011 & 2013 and was in charge of all festival events. I know Alex made this look easy, but there is a lot in the back ground preparations that aids in his experience & ability to run a governorship.
As a festival host you have to co-ordinate funds, timing, schedules, prizes & be a public speaker. It helps to have a broad knowledge of UO history and to the have a kinship with the players, all virtues Alex holds.
I have had the pleasure of knowing Alex for many years, and would like to express, as a voter in the up coming elections, you would be making a wise choice in casting your vote for him in the town of Jhelom.
Thank you Alex for your hard work and dedication, there are many in the UO public that know you and appreciate you taking the time to run for this position to further a pleasant atmosphere both in the Town of Jhelom and at the Governors council meetings.

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I can't say much now because the seat of Jhelom isn't mine at this very moment. Queen Arya does speak the truth.

My interaction with all the Governors, or most anyways, is impossible to grasp. I have been friends with Lord Solus for many a year now and can consider him a great Leader for Britain. I can say this for any Governor in fact, I've attended each and every Council meeting and made notes about every subject. I've had many conversations with multiple Governors and got to know them pretty well.

I have MANY plans to bestow on the desk of Lord Blackthorn if elected Governor of Jhelom, some very beneficial and some just merely for decorative means. With that being said, I can 100% Guarantee that electing me as your new Governor will not be a mistake.

Jhelom is the city dedicated to the Virtue Valor, which is the symbol of the Warrior. With my guidance, new aspiring warriors will be challenging Exodus himself when training is complete.

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Voting is up and running-Please keep Alex in mind when casting your votes this week for Governor of Jhelom.