• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

anniversary gifts

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hands off that button, Kelmo, it's not one of those threads

just curious with all this talk about gifts.... over the years, considering all gifts bestowed, not just the anniversary ones, which has been your favorite? thought about this for a bit and honestly, I'm having a hard time deciding :rolleyes2: the teleport tiles are right up there, but you remember those trees with the little white ball thingies on them, like spider trees? I'm a sucker for those, pick them up any time I can

so what's yours?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As crazy as it sounds, with all the great gifts out there, I would have to admit to the ethereal ossie :embarrassed:
You know it's true when all my characters are riding one!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Best gift... wow there are so many I really love.

I love my teleporter tiles...

I really love the mailboxes...

The Mannequins were AWESOME... Asked for for YEARS and finally got.

I very much like the house signs...

The clocks are cool.... and the display cases are SWEET...

But all in all I think the ones I've used more than any other... Heritage Tokens... Price is right I always grab a few more.

And the book for my pinks is very nice hoping we get one for the alacrity scrolls.... that would make me very happy.

Last edited:

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the book for my pinks is very nice hoping we get one for the alacrity scrolls.... that would make me very happy.
The scrolls of transcendence book is really useful but I always like the gift boxes, especially the angel gift box, more than the rewards inside, except the tall and the heart shaped ones.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've loved all the gifts mentioned so far. I do love the excitement of logging on to each character to see if I got a special box LOL

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My most prized posession is a gift not given by UO but the friends I played with.... their time and friendship I miss them all

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Official gifts? I love the crystal and corrupted crystal portals, the mailbox that allows me to give gifts when the recipients aren't around to try to pay me for them :D, the ethys, the commodity deed box.These I use pretty much daily.
But the gifts I love most are my last year's birthday presents and the party the givers threw for me. They are a constant reminder, not that I need one, of what a darn great team I have around me.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
1) You have been naughty this year, 300th anniversary bags, Roses, Valentines Day bags, sleeping Hamsters
2) Statues, Snowglobes, Ridables - everything you can deco a castle with
3) Crystal Portal

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hands off that button, Kelmo, it's not one of those threads

just curious with all this talk about gifts.... over the years, considering all gifts bestowed, not just the anniversary ones, which has been your favorite? thought about this for a bit and honestly, I'm having a hard time deciding :rolleyes2: the teleport tiles are right up there, but you remember those trees with the little white ball thingies on them, like spider trees? I'm a sucker for those, pick them up any time I can

so what's yours?
Mailbox is probably the best. Simply because its so incredibly handy for exchanging items between players who don't play at the same time. But I think I was most jazzed over the potted plants in like 99 or whatever. They were really great deco back then.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Polar Bear. Also have to take in the time the ride came out. No greater award given that didn't make a veteran player stand out.

For the 15th used by 15 year vets. Need Flaming Thigh Boots. Wearing it looks like your feet are on fire. Random 5 stat increase at log in that gets cleared at server refresh. When character runs leaves flame trail like the Fire Steeds used to.

Breaking News: " Liches east of Yew claiming latest foot race starts grass fires that grew uncheck to burn their woods, leaving them homeless. Ash from the devastation used to make potions making the undead immune to slayer weapons during hours of darkness. Wristwatch selling prices go through the roof."

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I really enjoy the personalized items like "A Whispering from ..." I wish there was more of that around for all the holidays...

And also those Angel Gift Boxes and Neon Gift Boxes... I can't have enough containers!

:mylittlepony: Thanks!

J

Joey Porter

commodity deed box
charger of the fallen

What I really want is a blessed bag. thank you.

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ethys we the greatest gift for me, I had to endure a year of jealousy before getting my hands on one of those fuzzy Bar-stewards. The relief of not having to run around on foot due to my pet being eaten by a Litch was amazing. I have enjoyed the updates to this section of the vet rewards and have collected most of them, including my latest, the Hyru.

After Ethys it has to be tele tiles, or shard shields, not that I am old enough for the latter, just yet, but it gives me something to look forward too. As far an none vet rewards go, I think the compassion dyes were nice, but by far the best none vet gift has to be the mannequins.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont like the fact that with vet rewards if you dont have a 15year account youll never get a new reward ,im 2 years behind and it sorta sucks ,cant imagine some one starting new or even 5year account, should go by points ,anyone can use if they can buy it,and old rewards should be able to be traded back in even if they are only worth 1/2 the points they cost.......but anyways best vet reward would be teleport tiles,best gift in game i would say transfer tokens(wish theyd give these out again)

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs have done a good job over the years with different gifts. It would be hard to pick out my favorite one, but I guess it would be potted plants. I love them. :love:

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been pretty happy with all my gifts.. but the one that gave me the biggest thrill?

My Ethereal Horse... My first gift.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, are we lumping the Vet rewards into the "gift" category?
My favorite gifts were SoT books and Mannequins.
Favorite Vet rewards were House tellys and Commodity Boxes.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oops.. shoulda read that a little closer.

Gonna have to go through my Anniversary gifts so I can give a more intelligent answer!

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont like the fact that with vet rewards if you dont have a 15year account youll never get a new reward)
Not true, they sometimes add rewards to other years, not just the latest one.

Fig_The_Ancient

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Gotta be my vast Collection of Soulstones...each new one is another skill I can hoard...

Last edited:

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like the grandfather clock, the commodity deed box and the display case.

i really want to ride a polar bear but my a/c's only 5-1/2 years.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
House TPs, Commodity Deed Box, shard shields, and character statue makers from vet rewards; but favorite item is the original Clean Up Britannia singing crystal ball.