• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anne Rice Fans! Recruiting you for RP in game. ;)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there,

I just wanted to throw this out there, and yes its a slim chance. But CoD is recruiting new players that a) know and enjoy the Anne Rice book series: The Vampire Chronicles, New Tales of the Vampires, Mayfair Witches, and The Wolf Chronicles, b) enjoy writing about their characters on our website and/or in emails, and c) can occasionally be on TeamSpeak/Forums and be part of a larger community of players worldwide.

Of course we are role playing guild, but one with a very unique set up. We step into the characters of the books and bring them to life, often changing their stories a bit. It is the best form of fan fiction! We also welcome characters created within the same lore to add to the already established characters. These characters can be mortals, vampires, half-breeds, witches, or werewolves --- whatever you see fit to your style.

Most of the main characters are played by members already, but there are plenty of characters still available.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Vampire_Chronicles_characters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wolf_Gift#Characters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Rice#Bibliography

CoD as Part of TLP
CoD was the first guild in what is now known as The Last Prophecy Gaming Community, and we've maintained this community for decades now. It does allow you to play a variety of games with people you would know as well as new folks that join every day. There are over 600+ players that make up this community and we've played over 18 MMO's together. So joining us gives you the option to be part of that, however it is not a requirement.

:heart: Pandy

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I love Anne Rice's books, but I do not fit any of her chars. I did end up as a vampire, but Freja have her own story and her own guild and could never play on any normal shard.
Come to Siege, we could need a few vampires, but it is a little hard to find fresh young blood at the moment :devil:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you!!!

Unfortunately, I am still looking for the role players on Atlantic.

-Val'lyn
It seems like the Atlantic rp is pretty much dead. Most, if not all, that were left have moved to Cats.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It seems like the Atlantic rp is pretty much dead. Most, if not all, that were left have moved to Cats.
Thats so sad to hear. It's been a long time since I played but when I did it was on Atlantic. There was a fantastic prole play community. Since my return I've been looking in the old haunts to only find names on old homes I don't recognize.

I suppose I could move, but I did just place a nice house on Fel Moonglow that fits perfectly into my character's back story.

-Val'lyn

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats so sad to hear. It's been a long time since I played but when I did it was on Atlantic. There was a fantastic prole play community. Since my return I've been looking in the old haunts to only find names on old homes I don't recognize.

I suppose I could move, but I did just place a nice house on Fel Moonglow that fits perfectly into my character's back story.

-Val'lyn
Lots of open housing on Cats. Could probably find something similar, if not exactly the same or better. ;)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm. I may have to make a visit to check it out.

-Val'lyn
I even provide apartments for players that already have a house placed elsewhere, so they can effectively play with us and have a "HOME" without giving up their houses on their main shards.

Add me to ICQ! 608083009

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love Anne Rice's books, but I do not fit any of her chars. I did end up as a vampire, but Freja have her own story and her own guild and could never play on any normal shard.
Come to Siege, we could need a few vampires, but it is a little hard to find fresh young blood at the moment :devil:
You would still make a character that is your own, as long as you can adhere to the Ricean lore. :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What about Memnoch?

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or Akasha
Akasha LIVES! She is alive and well cared for by Marius and Pandora... while our RP is based on the books, it is not an exact replica. OKAY IF YOU HAVE NOT READ PRINCE LESTAT --- a) do not click on the spoilers, and b) where have you been? Under a rock? :D

For example, Anne recently threw us all a HUGE curve ball and killed off Maharet, Mekare, and Khayman --- yeah NOT HAPPENING in our lore. They are quite central characters. ;)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about Memnoch?
Not taken and available --- though I'd REALLY want someone that I could work with to bring him to life. Because he exists in the books only in an uncorporal manner. Sooooo fitting him in would be tough to do BUT not impossible. He could have used the Body Snatching Gift and taken a corporal body and haunt our dear dear Lestat --- that would be funny --- until Lestat gave in and turned him! :) OF COURSE Memnoch would love being a vampire... don't you think? :D

Just a Dude

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Sure Why not... We have purple bugs... why not vampires too... So is there going to be a another boring vampire click named breaking dawn... lol

huh... figure this would be more of a catskills related post.... funny....
Keep up the good work guys. :D

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My plea to all respectable Sosarians: do not associate with vampires, they are bad news. On the other hand, liches such as myself are often highly cultured and well-read intellectuals who can give you a fascinating firsthand glimpse into the history of our beautiful world and won't even drink your body fluids afterward, unless you're into that.