• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ankh?

• Thread starter imported_ParadoxUO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_ParadoxUO

While hunting in Covetous i got a necklace... ankh?

what is this for?

Thank you!

G

At present the older dungeons can sometimes award you a reward, the ahnk is one of them.

Since it goes in your neck spot I dont happen to use but if you wear it and go to the different shrines and meditate (each shrine has a special saying) the ahnk will reward you with different regens. Sorry i dont have exact numbers but different shrines would give different regens/amount of regen.

Hopefully someone else might have the numbers for you but to be honest my fighters needed the resists and my mages like the pendant of magi so I just never found a char that would use it and you probably will find the same.

G

Taken from the Sept. 28, 2007 "Five on Friday":

"What does the ankh necklace do? Is it just for show?"
As a number of alert players have pointed our, should you visit one of the Shrines of the Virtues and meditate (chant a mantra) there, you will receive a system message having to do with that virtue. But what does it mean?

The ankh will give a bonus to one or more of the 3 regeneration stats that will last for 1 hour. The bonus can only be activated once per day. Each of the shrines will give a unique bonus combination to regeneration stats based on the virtue for that particular shrine (this is based on the 3 principles).

Each principle is related to a regeneration stat as follows:
Truth - Mana Regeneration
Love - Hit Point Regeneration
Courage - Stamina Regeneration

Each virtue will give the following bonus to regeneration stats as follows:
Honesty +2 Mana Regen
Compassion +2 HP Regen
Valor +2 Stamina Regen
Justice +1 Mana Regen, +1 HP Regen (50% chance to get one regen bumped up to +2)
Sacrifice +1 HP Regen, +1 Stamina Regen (50% chance to get one regen bumped up to +2)
Honor +1 Mana Regen, +1 Stamina Regen (50% chance to get one regen bumped up to +2)
Spirituality +1 All Regens (25% chance (3 independent rolls) to get each regen bumped up to +2)
Humility +3 Random Regen

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the 8 shrines in the old lands work for the ankh pendant. Not the shrines in Ilshenar, they have no effect.

You need to say the right Mantra at each shrine.

Virtues.

G

Go to here- and get this item. It is out of date as to spawn levels in most areas but the shrines are marked to give you rough ideas where they are in the land.

The map is valid for Felucca and Trammel, except Fel/Occlo = Tram/Haven

G

If I recall correctly, you only have to wear the necklace at the shrine while saying the mantra. You can replace it with a gorget, or other necklace when you go out to fight monsters, while still retaining the effects of the Ankh necklace.