• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animal Training Poisoning

Hello. I'm confused as to how poisoning works on a pet when adding it through training. Let's say I give a Cu poisoning, will it have a chance to poison on attack or does it need a special move that can apply poison?

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dog has poisoning, if the creatures able to be poisoned he poisons fairly often. Skill won't budge past 96 though, time to experiment lol.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got my tigers to 100 poison by just having them munch on acid slugs in the underworld. Lots of instantly spawned slugs that go down fast = lots of poisoning attempts.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got my spider to GM having it go berzerk in the undead room beyond the acid slugs... Infact it went to 120 resist in there easily... and 120 parry...

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon, Mal.. The poisoning skill will proc off melee attacks and special moves alike... the higher your skill in it the higher the chance of this proc... It cost no mana and is basicly free damage... sadly on creatures that were not born with poison its str will only go to lvl 3 at best.... also be aware that poison is counted as a school of magic.. so if you give a pet spell weaving or chiv, etc... then give it poison it will over write the A.I. of those skills and give itthe melee proc instead... and if ya did it with poison first then mystic.... mystic A.I. would over write the melee proc. as for the special moves added that poison... some are suppose to be max lvl poison but that is not the case... a lot of them on monster that were not born with poison will use moves like vemon bite or poison breath.. but it will be the weakest lvl of it... because it goes off poison skill of those pets.. the good news is those moves will gain str as poison goes up.. but will not effect gains in the poisoning skill.. only the melee procs does that.. also it doesn't need to add the poison to its target to get gains.. as long as it attempts it can gain off navrey and other immune beasties.... I hope this helps, mate. =^-^=

Last edited:

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question how would you put vemon bite with poisoning dont see it any where on the gump this is if i put poisoning on cu?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question how would you put vemon bite with poisoning dont see it any where on the gump this is if i put poisoning on cu?
You should always choose from the bottom up. They can have both. But when you choose a magic first, it goes away.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You should always choose from the bottom up. They can have both. But when you choose a magic first, it goes away.
Except in the case of poisoning. Sometimes you need to learn poisoning first to enable the option of venomous bite and poison breath

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Are you able to add poisoning school, then add a poisoning skill and then switch school and then keep the poisoning skill like poison breath?

I'd imagine this is only reserved for dread spider or somethin but i got ta know :p

Chandler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have a question.... say I spend e 100 points to train my cu in poisoning, get the skill to 100, then,train my chin chivalry. Will my cu still have the poison resistance that comes with the poison skill that is froze at 100 after I train my cu up on chivalry? Would be cool to have a pet with poisonresistance and chivalry.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a question.... say I spend e 100 points to train my cu in poisoning, get the skill to 100, then,train my chin chivalry. Will my cu still have the poison resistance that comes with the poison skill that is froze at 100 after I train my cu up on chivalry? Would be cool to have a pet with poisonresistance and chivalry.
Yep, however when the pet is complete deaths will lower poisoning GM and you will never be able to train it back up. You can however leave the pet on 10-100 points and swap between poisoning/chiv when you need to train poisoning back up ^^