• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animal Training Gains

Tinka

Visitor
Hi there :)

I have been training up my pre-new-animal-training Cu Sidhe. It is not a particularly strong one, but I thought it was perfect to get to know the new animal training (when last I played, pet training was heavily connected to mining ore with a special pickaxe :D ), so that I would know more about the whole training system before training my favorite old pets.

This Cu Sidhe is a 4 slot; I tried releasing and retaming, but it remained a 4 slot (with the only result being that wrestling dropped to 32.... :eek: ). Well, I started the training for 4 -> 5 anyway, figuring that it would still give me some experience with the new system. :)

I have been training every day for one to two hours, catching the "power hour", and some more. Mainly on AOLs, but also on anything else that came my way, including bog things (good for my gardening ;) ), other swamp creatures and more.

After about 14 hours of Training, I am only about 24 % of the training path. Is that to be expected?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
4 slot cu's don't make good pets because you lose a whole level of training compared to the 3 slot. Also, you want to train them on crazed mages. You can get thru 3 levels in a few hours. Then train their melee skills on shadow elements.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Train 3 slot cu. Go to navery hole not alone and with cu bonded. After first train (4 slot) u can try to do navery alone -try. At 5 slot u can do alone and finish to up skills. If you do navery, first slot in 1-2 hours max

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

Tinka

Visitor
Thanks & grazie @Xris and @vegasy. :)

I have two nice 3 slot CUs waiting to be trained, but just for my own personal experience, I will finish the training of this legacy one as well. I will learn from it. :)

I'll follow your advice and hopefully, this will make gaining faster. I'll post as soon as I know more. :)

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Crazed mage in Shame is a great mob to train pets on. If your on Atlantic, I can mark a rune for you. If not, perhaps someone on your shard can do that. Navery is also good place to train too, so long as you are aware of few things. One, you and/or your pet will get webbed or tossed to a wall (that is a minor annoyance). The more serious one is when someone drops rocks. Invariably someone will do it without telling anyone, to which pet death is the outcome.

Also, if you are looking to test out the pet training system, I suggest grabbing a lesser hiryu. Why? They are very easy to get and they also make very good pets.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Before navery if have very low skills you can attack gregorio the brigand at skara brae. But when skills reach about 70 dont up and need more

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

Tinka

Visitor
Crazed mage in Shame is a great mob to train pets on. If your on Atlantic, I can mark a rune for you. If not, perhaps someone on your shard can do that. Navery is also good place to train too, so long as you are aware of few things. One, you and/or your pet will get webbed or tossed to a wall (that is a minor annoyance). The more serious one is when someone drops rocks. Invariably someone will do it without telling anyone, to which pet death is the outcome.

Also, if you are looking to test out the pet training system, I suggest grabbing a lesser hiryu. Why? They are very easy to get and they also make very good pets.
Thank you for all your advice. :) The only two runes I have found on are one to an evil mage tower, and one to level 5 entrance Shame. Is the tower the right place? If not, I will just go to the level 5 entrance and look for the crazed mages. Unfortunately, the players I asked had no rune directly to the crazed mages. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The crazed mage is near the entry. Go in and head right along the water. Don't cross any bridges and don't poke the Burning Mage.

Tinka

Visitor
Thanks Pawain for the instructions. :) I used honor to go there and mark the rune, then I went there with my CU. It went in two minutes from 27 to 51 %, which was a crazy experience after having taken one hour to go from 25 to 27 %. :) So thank you all for your help and advice, which is really appreciated.