• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

animal pheromon FOUND!

C

Ceridwen

In Fire Rabbit loot - Fire rabbits spawn on Mt. Sho in Tokuno! :D

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds most interesting. Hmm, looks like I'll be mounting an expedition later to find one of these beasties and see what all the fuss is about. Any clues as to what the hell animal pheromone is for?

EDIT: ok, just read the other thread, so I know now :)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm rather impressed with the number things we're being given to chase all at once.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darn, these buggers are hard to kill. I got one down to 30% health, when it dug a hole and vanished. Blasted rabbits!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Fire Rabbit.

HP: 2500
Stamina: 1500
Mana: 1500
Str: 130
Dex: 4500
Int: 2500
Resists: 49/100/40/49/46
Damage: 100% Fire, 10-15 base
Skills: Wrestle 80, Tactics 0, Resisting spells 200, Anatomy 0.
Other: Fire aura, non provokeable (=/), non discordable (=/), auto dispel, can't all kill (but using guard will work). Melee/archer damage seems to randomly raise/drop some swings doing 40+ others doing 4.

Tip: Spam attack last macro (old system - or new equivalent w/e it is) and the rabbit will constantly run to you, seems to prevent burrowing (unless it was just dying too quick). Saves having to chase it & saves your pet having to chase it.

Not sure wth it needs all those stats for though.

Loot: Similar to vorpal rabbit, minus the statue/eggs, plus a beaker 'animal pheremone' which you can't dbl click.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is used in the crafting of the Hitching Posts *smiles*

For those on Atlantic. I have a rune locked down to Mt. Sho at Dragonstorm. Just outside of Southeast Umbra gate.

A

Aboo

My pet refused to attack it although it did fight it when it attacked me and I lost karma when it died.

Z

Zodiac19

I've spent about 4 hours on thoes damn bunnys and nothing. Now it is camped and you are hard pressed to get in on killing it. Nice of them to give us only one bunny to try for in one specific site.

F

Fink

So.. how's a tinker meant to come by animal pheromone? Throw golems at the rabbit? Or simply pay whatever gouge prices are set by the combat-enabled?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.. how's a tinker meant to come by animal pheromone? Throw golems at the rabbit? Or simply pay whatever gouge prices are set by the combat-enabled?
Same way you get the rope from the kraken, resolve's bridle from Red Death and philips wooden steed of paragons I guess.

L

Lord Drakelord

Same way you get the rope from the kraken, resolve's bridle from Red Death and philips wooden steed of paragons I guess.
Pay for them ;) Sorry I know how you feel I still pissed about the book cases, why make a new artifact that is only going to spawn in Bedlam CS and is camped by every thief there is, when all those DOOM books could have been used instead.

At least this time I got the Doom Saddle, my first since the doors of Doom opened, all the thiefs are busy in Bedlam or Fel CS.

O

Old Man of UO

The fastest and easiest way to kill the fire rabbit that I've found is with a dexxer, honor, enemy of one, consecrate weapon, a nice mana leech diamond mace and doing 70-140 damage per hit. My mace is also 30% SSI, so it takes about a minute to kill one.

I pull up the health bar, honor and just keep double click it. I've got 3 pheromone so far out of about 2 hours of bunny bashing.

The only thing I don't understand is why it has fire area damage and then you lose karma when you kill it.