• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animal Lore

G

Hey All,

Tryed searching through to find the answer without posting but couldnt find it. When training Animal taming should i keep animal lore locked at 100 or just let it rise up?

at the moment i am GM Lore, and 82.1 taming... and I have used a 110 Lore scroll.

Thank you for your time.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a lot of opinions and rumors on this subject. I would recommend just let it raise and continue taming. If you feel that it is impacting your taming gains, then put it on a stone to see if it makes a difference. I would only lock the skill if you don't want it over 100.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've heard that having all skills as low as possible speeds up training, but I tried it, and all I did was waste a bunch of soul stone charges. It really made no difference whatsoever.

G

Once I hit my lore cap and locked it and I did see a boost in my taming gains untill I hit GM then it's just sloooow.

G

to get the best skill gains, it doesn't matter what level your lore is at, but the total skill points you have used so far.

If you look at the playguide page for GGS and scroll down to the table, you'll be able to see how fast your GGS gains will come.

My preferred training method is to train the slowest few skills first to maximise the GGS for them, then add the easier skills in after that. It does go much quicker this way. Not so super fast if you're in the 500 skill point band, but if you keep below 350 you'll get there faster.

Though of course, once you hit the high skill end, the GGS gains are much much slower. But I would suggest you get your skills to the level for controlling the pets you need and then training the rest of your template. Your GGS gains will be slower, but you can get the full enjoyment from your tamer while you finish them off.

Wenchy

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than putting your character into another GGS (the three lies in one system) category I have never noticed animal lore having an affect on taming gains.

IMHO, most people’s problems with slow gains comes from taming stuff that is too hard. For good gains the secret is quantity not quality. You need to succeed at the taming attempt to have a chance to get a gain. If you are taming things that are harder to tame you fail more and, therefore, get fewer chances to gain and fewer gains over a given time span. You want to stay with stuff that you have a 60%-70% chance of taming.

I hear people talking about taming Bulls and Ridge Backs. In my experience Great Harts will take you all the way to GM much quicker than Bulls and White Wolves are good to at least Elder. There are places where Great Harts and White Wolves spawn in such numbers that you can tame virtually nonstop.

At least that is what has worked for me for quite a few tamer characters.

P

Prudentis

OK so where would I go taming harts in great numbers? White wolves were ice isle, no? But with all the houses there now, searching for them is a pain. I was taming them, as there wer no hoses yet, before the trammel housing placement and then it was great.
And do you kill the tamed harts so a new one spawns? Or just rename them after taming?

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate it but if you are taming for quick gains you pretty much have to kill off the tames to keep the spawn going.

For Great Harts the “healer’s grove” in Ilshenar is the place to go. From the Sacrifice gate, go north along the mountains past the rat-man ruins and you come to a wide passage with lots of Great Harts and red healers. Tame the Great Hart and then sic it on a red healer to get rid of it. You can pretty much tame non-stop there. The only wrinkle is when a paragon Great Hart spawns as they can not be tamed. There is a good Great Hart spawn on the barrier island on the east side of Trinsic too. The Lost Lands have a lot of spawns but they are a bit more spread out.

White wolves are found, as you said, on Ice Isle. The east side of the island has a pretty consistent spawn. When you are finished taming sic them on a polar bear. You do have to play a bit of hide-and-seek among the houses but with incoming names turned on I never found it to be too big of an impediment.

G

I love Healer's Grove for great harts too, just kill them by setting them on the healers. But you can also find a decent spawn of them on Barrier Isle (nr Trinsic) and there are a few bulls in there too.

Wenchy

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hate it but if you are taming for quick gains you pretty much have to kill off the tames to keep the spawn going.

For Great Harts the “healer’s grove” in Ilshenar is the place to go. From the Sacrifice gate, go north along the mountains past the rat-man ruins and you come to a wide passage with lots of Great Harts and red healers. Tame the Great Hart and then sic it on a red healer to get rid of it. You can pretty much tame non-stop there. The only wrinkle is when a paragon Great Hart spawns as they can not be tamed. There is a good Great Hart spawn on the barrier island on the east side of Trinsic too. The Lost Lands have a lot of spawns but they are a bit more spread out.

White wolves are found, as you said, on Ice Isle. The east side of the island has a pretty consistent spawn. When you are finished taming sic them on a polar bear. You do have to play a bit of hide-and-seek among the houses but with incoming names turned on I never found it to be too big of an impediment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can sic it on either colored healers without reprocussion