• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animal Lore question...

N

Nubiwan

My taming is at 44, my lore is currently a little higher. I am thinking that I will have more taming successes if my lore was a lot higher.

Can I have a couple players "Friend" their pets to me and gain by using Animal Lore on them for a couple hours?

Also, if I am a friend can I stable someone else's pet?

TFL

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Animal lore only helps you control and vet your pet; it does not improve your chance to tame a pet.

If you fail on a tame you do not get a chance to gain so, if you are trying to build your taming skill, the trick is quantity over quality. Concentrate on taming a LOT of things that you have a good chance to tame rather than a few things that you have a lower chance to tame.

As far as I know you can not stable someone else’s pet. I have never actually tried but I would be very surprised if you could.

M

mutau

I'm pretty sure you're correct on that you can't stall someone's pet. After all, its not your pet. But as a friend, you can command movements from the pet such as "all follow" and "all stop or stay". Not sure on the "all guard" tho. I think that is reserved for the owner. I pretty sure that the "all kill" won't work. I've tried that out. But it was about a while ago (half year).

N

Nubiwan

Thanks Folks, good information.

I truly wish I had started this guy with 50 Animal Taming - but, a couple days and I will be there.