• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animal Lore on a White Wyrm

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Most of the times I try to lore my White Wyrm I have a problem.

On the Lore menu I can't select White Wyrm as it stays, for some reason, outside of the black background selection menu.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not entirely sure how that looks. Could you post a screenshot of it? To get around that, you could probably change the name of your pet to 'a white wyrm' (or something like that) for now until a solution can be found.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Right I forgot about that...here's a print screen. So as you can see what happens is that in the drop down menu you can see "White Wolf" in a black background, but the following creature "White Wyrm" is out of this black background and I am not able to select it. I can certainly change the name to "a white wyrm", but was curious to know if anyone knew why this happens. It happens most of the time, but not always. In rare occasions it's ok for whatever reason.
PincosProblem.jpg

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey again Theron,

Okay, that seems odd. What I do notice though is that the text for the dropdown menu seems to be too big compared with the other texts. Perhaps if you change text size somewhere it would help? Not entirely sure seeing as how mine is fine no matter what I do or how I scroll it.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Hey again Theron,

Okay, that seems odd. What I do notice though is that the text for the dropdown menu seems to be too big compared with the other texts. Perhaps if you change text size somewhere it would help? Not entirely sure seeing as how mine is fine no matter what I do or how I scroll it.
I don't know how to do that, I can't see an option to reduce font size in that window...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe try and use the scale tool to resize the whole window and see if that makes any difference?

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One other thing is the version of Pinco's UI that you have... 5.944 ? I also tried to find if it was possible to change the text size for the dropdown menu, but didn't find it either.

Try DJAd's suggestion. If all else fails, what you could do is copy your user settings (or back it up in otherwords) and do a Reset. Try an Animal Lore again and see if that worked. If it didn't work just recopy your backup and restart UO.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dropdown menu is quite buggy, sometimes it uses the right scale, sometimes don't... you could try to regenerate your character profile so it could work better.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the help, I'll have another look.

How can I regenerate my character's profile?