• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animal Lore : Minimum Level to LORE an untamed Greater Dragon ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried at 60 Animal Lore and received a message saying that at such a level only tamed creatures can be lored.

What would be the bare minimal Animal lore level at which one can just Lore (NOT tame) a Greater Dragon ?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
At 100 you can lore wild monsters that can be tamed, and at 110 you can lore monsters that can't be tamed.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried at 60 Animal Lore and received a message saying that at such a level only tamed creatures can be lored.

What would be the bare minimal Animal lore level at which one can just Lore (NOT tame) a Greater Dragon ?
Guess if you would have gone to the Animal Lore page under skills (took less than 1 min) you would have seen this.

Introduction

The animal lore skill has 3 distinct functions. Used actively through the skill gump (or a macro) it will give detailed information about a pet, or if the character's skill is high enough, a tameable or wild creature. Used passively in conjunction with veterinary skill it contributes to determining amount healed and the chance to cure or ressurect the pet. Used passively in conjunction with taming skill it contributes to determining the level of control the tamer character has over his pet.

Active Use of Animal Lore

•Characters with less than 100.0 skill points can view the statistics of any tamed creature - low skill may require several attempts.
•Characters with between 100.0 and 109.9 skill can view the statistics of an tameable creature.
•Characters with 110.00 skill or above can view the statistics of any creature.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess if you would have gone to the Animal Lore page under skills (took less than 1 min) you would have seen this.
Actually I went to the UOGuide web site [http://www.uoguide.com/Animal_Lore] but got confused because I read

At 100 skill points you may target untamed animals as well, and at 110 you may view information about untamed monsters.
The Greater Dragon is certainly not an animal but rather, a monster.

But, someone said I should have been able to Lore them, untamed, at 100.

And 110 ain't 100...........

So, I thought I'd better ask.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a sidenote: I am not able to lore a Ronin even with 120 animal lore. I dont know why.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lord Frodo was quoting from here:
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30905

The Stratics information on the topic. I like to think it's better, but then I wrote it so I could be ever-so-slightly biased.

The reason Ronin can't be lored is because they're not animals, nor monsters - not even humanoid ones. They're Human. :)
Your information is fine as is. You may want to change this
The tamer's chance to control his/her pet can by found by using the Tameable Animals page, it is calculated as follows:
to Tameable Creatures page. Also on UO.Com they have this posted
To use the Animal Lore skill to determine information about a particular animal or monster:
•Click the blue gem next to the skill on your skill list.
•Target the animal about which you wish to learn.
If successful, you learn information about the animal's loyalty, eating habits, stats, and skills.

Note: You are restricted to the creature on which you can use the Animal Lore skill, based on your skill level:

Animal Lore Creature Types
0.1 to 99.9 Any tamed creature
100.0 to 109.9 Any tamed or tameable creature
110.0+ Any creature
Both UOStratics and UO.com say the same thing. UOGuide says Animals.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A general suggestion: if you're coming onto a forum looking for info, it's always a good idea to check that forum's FAQ first, then try the forum search too and if those don't help, you know about the Stratics site.

In this case, right at the top of the FAQ here, there's a link to the Stratics animal lore guide - the top of that page has the info you want Popps.

I'm sure I've said this a hundred times, but posters are most helpful if you help your self a bit before you ask for help, and even better, if you say thanks for the help you do get. Otherwise there's a tendency for some posters to ignore your requests for info after a while, or get frustrated that they're doing all the legwork. Becoming good with search yourself and then giving back by helping others - now that's a much better way to go.

Wenchy