• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anger incitement thread! Fielding = OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Locryn Finck

This should be interesting to read.

I think that fielding is overpowered. Resist does not matter one bit with poison or para fields, and energy fields last a ridiculously long time for how easy and cheap they are to cast. Wall of stone on the other hand is useful, but not overpowered for a similar purpose as E-Field. Only a mage can get rid of these fields, and only one tile at a time.
Discuss.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play any more nor have I had any experience with what you're talking about.

But I'm going to have to disagree.

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I AGREE

It's all to common 2 mages cast energy field to X in a target, cast poison field in the middle on the target then cast away to death.... there is now way to survive this without being a damn good mage to dispel the poison and recall out... or use a faction Rune....

I think they should fix it so the fields dont overlap to create a trap like they do...

While we are in the same area i think they should find a way to fix para spam ganking as well... talent-less bull**** is all this is...

U

UOKaiser

I AGREE

It's all to common 2 mages cast energy field to X in a target, cast poison field in the middle on the target then cast away to death.... there is now way to survive this without being a damn good mage to dispel the poison and recall out... or use a faction Rune....

I think they should fix it so the fields dont overlap to create a trap like they do...

While we are in the same area i think they should find a way to fix para spam ganking as well... talent-less bull**** is all this is...
2 vs 1 right?

L

Locryn Finck

xfield trapping and paraganking are not really the crux of what I'm talking about - Essentially, e-fields can isolate people quickly in most areas (even in open, outdoor areas it is easy to delay or isolate players with a quick field). If this lasted a few seconds, no big deal. But e-fields last long enough for the mage to comfortably cast poison fields within the trap. Tunnels, chokepoints, etc SHOULD be targets for fielding, but e-field and the inability at any skill level to resist them makes it overpowered.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*purchase 120 resisting spells scroll* Check!

*weaken myself until 120 resisting spells* Check!

The timer on para fields is affected by resisting spells, if you have 120, you only get stuck in it for like 1s, it might be 2?

poison field---hit cure pot, cast cure, bandaid...

cross e-field, have resist so you are immune to paralyze, have apples or a trapped box so you are basically immune to evil omen-paralyze.

Also if you are a dexer, use teleport scrolls. You can even use wall of stone scrolls to setup a similiar trap =)

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
xfield trapping and paraganking are not really the crux of what I'm talking about - Essentially, e-fields can isolate people quickly in most areas (even in open, outdoor areas it is easy to delay or isolate players with a quick field). If this lasted a few seconds, no big deal. But e-fields last long enough for the mage to comfortably cast poison fields within the trap. Tunnels, chokepoints, etc SHOULD be targets for fielding, but e-field and the inability at any skill level to resist them makes it overpowered.
You certainly didn't seem to mind this at minax yesterday.

K

Kayne

Lets nerf yet another tactic that has been used in the game for years. How many times have you para walled a peerless or champ in place to gain control. Or walled in the tons of spawn at a champ to regain control after things get a bit out of hand.

[sarcasm]Why not just remove all mage spells entirely and leave only flamestrike, fireball, heal (not greater thats overpowered) and energy bolt[/sarcasm]

U

UOKaiser

A mage casting a efield against one opponent is easyly dodged. 2 or more mages against one opponent well that one opponent should be dead if the the 1 player can defeat 2 or more then that one player is in all reasoning overpowered. Multiple opponents agains multiple opponenets then everyone should have a variation in order to counter attack everyone elses variation. If all else fail I see no reason why a teleport scroll with no skill or a dispel field scroll with a human or someone with maybe 10 points of magery in template can handle them.

L

Locryn Finck

lol I love the PVE perspective.

And in response to the comment before, obviously it should be used and exploited right now to the max. And dexxers should do anything they possibly can to counteract it.

I'm just bringing up the discussion for discussions sake. I think there is a case to be made that fields are overpowered.

K

Kayne

Lets nerf everything so we all do 1 dmg per hit no matter the template. Problem solved

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*purchase 120 resisting spells scroll* Check!

*weaken myself until 120 resisting spells* Check!

The timer on para fields is affected by resisting spells, if you have 120, you only get stuck in it for like 1s, it might be 2?

poison field---hit cure pot, cast cure, bandaid...

cross e-field, have resist so you are immune to paralyze, have apples or a trapped box so you are basically immune to evil omen-paralyze.

Also if you are a dexer, use teleport scrolls. You can even use wall of stone scrolls to setup a similiar trap =)
winner winner chicken dinner!

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All humans (and anyone with 20ish magery) can use teleport scrolls. TELEPORT past/through them.

Not to mention ninjas/stealthers can shadow jump through/past them.

Or!! Play a mage. rolleyes:

No offense; but that's as lame as someone complaining you dismounted them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I've always felt the Xefield tactic to be one of the gimpest ever... but... it's there...

To me any mage that has to efield an opponent to beat them is a mage who can't PvP...

But that's my opinion... It's a gimp playstyle just like the 30 other gimp styles. Like the guy with the bukuto who sits there and hits you with the para blow over and over and over and over...

But ... there are counters to every template... like Cetric said there is always resist.... teleport and a dozen other tactics...

as for the bukuto guy you can always use evasion.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I've always felt the Xefield tactic to be one of the gimpest ever... but... it's there...

To me any mage that has to efield an opponent to beat them is a mage who can't PvP...

But that's my opinion... It's a gimp playstyle just like the 30 other gimp styles. Like the guy with the bukuto who sits there and hits you with the para blow over and over and over and over...

But ... there are counters to every template... like Cetric said there is always resist.... teleport and a dozen other tactics...

as for the bukuto guy you can always use evasion.
Or maybe they're fielding them because of their repetitious cycle of running off red lined?... or just continually running in general? This is the counter template for the classic runner template... or just an unprepared idiot.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anger incitement = trolling, ergo this entire thread is merely a troll fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.