• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Angels Dread Warhorse

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A Returning Player has a new pet.

Start

I would like to recommend an AI/Chiv Build for the Horse.

The Horse is 168 points short a condensed excellent build.

168 over

I took away some mana and Regens and came up with this:

AI/Chiv Beast!

I think that would be a fitting build for a pet that we can't get again.
(she decides on actual resists.)

Any comments.

A magery version would be easy but not as impressive when it mows down its enemies.

Use this link to build yours. and Post the saved planner.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Angel, this is the link to the finished one.

We will build the pet on Test Center first. Copy yourself there.

DO NOT add any points on LS on a whim please!

SouthPaw

Lore Master
If it was mine I'd make the HP an even 600 and raise mana to 346. Not a huge deal by any means, but that's what I would do. Looks pretty much like a pre-patch nightmare build, which is smart. Fully skilled up, will make an excellent pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HP started there. I added no HP.

Would be great if I could reduce the HP.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it was mine I'd make the HP an even 600 and raise mana to 346.
I wouldn't bother raising Mana. For the most part, max Mana doesn't really matter past the first 20-30 secs of a fight, the pet mana dumps during then, and the only thing that matters is mana regen at that point. Only pets i really bother bringing to 300+ Mana, is a Discord pet (just so he can rapidly pump out Discord attempts at the start of a fight), or a Magery Mastery pet like a Serpentine Dragon (brought mine to 1,500 Mana).
For Resists, i'd go 80/80/65/60/80. Very few creatures deal heavy Poison damage, and for those that do, there are pets better suited for tanking them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with the mana. Having higher mana with less Intel would not be good. I tell players with low point pets that the pet relies on mana regen after the mana pool is gone.

If it were a fire steed that does quick fights like the roof, I would say you can have 1500 mana and rest between bosses.

I would not make a specialty pet out of a pet you have one of and can't get again.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A Returning Player has a new pet.

Start

I would like to recommend an AI/Chiv Build for the Horse.

The Horse is 168 points short a condensed excellent build.

168 over

I took away some mana and Regens and came up with this:

AI/Chiv Beast!

I think that would be a fitting build for a pet that we can't get again.
(she decides on actual resists.)

Any comments.

A magery version would be easy but not as impressive when it mows down its enemies.

Use this link to build yours. and Post the saved planner.

I'm about to train one and I wonder why you prefer Chiv/AI for an outstanding PvP casting pet?

Please correct my logic here with your experience. Replacing the pet's innate ability with one that negates it drops its intensity by, what, 1000 points? Also, magery pets (not mage mastery certainly) bless themselves to very high levels of strength and dex. Thus they lack the most potent spell in the arsenal - Enemy of One - in favor of boosted strength damage that is 80% of that while also keeping the ability to cast.

This was my experience with the Bane Dragon. It hits *almost* as hard as my Chiv/AI Cu Sidne dogs, but it can cast powerfully and sustain itself equally. Plus..well...it's a dragon, not a dog ;)

But, although I've kept several Dreads over the years, I have no experience training them. I used them for PvP...before they nerfed pets in PvP.

Thank you!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm about to train one and I wonder why you prefer Chiv/AI for an outstanding PvP casting pet?
The player I made this thread for does not pvp.

Is there really an outstanding casting pvp pet? I think the Bane is preferred because of their poisoning ability.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The player I made this thread for does not pvp.

Is there really an outstanding casting pvp pet? I think the Bane is preferred because of their poisoning ability.
Yes, there is but, in fairness, outstanding in this context means doing damage when other pets can't.

As for the Bane, it's the most powerful ridable pet in the game due to its unique reduction in damage taken when attacked passive meaning it needs fewer hit points than other pets and can put more into its resources. Plus it can cast with more power behind its spells for reasons I do not fully understand. Part of that is that it usually casts fire and poison the moment it's attacked. And it can handle multiple targets very well, making it an ideal pet for spawns. Most folks don't understand when it goes into its target-switching frenzy that it's the tamer's job to control the pet. Sometimes you want to. And sometimes you want to just let it do its thing.

But it's all somewhat subjective. My Chiv/AI Hiryu hits MUCH harder than my Chiv/AI Cu. But the Cu can sustain itself. The Hiryu cannot no matter how many hit points you give it. But if you're doing a champ spawn and run the risk of being raided, then having a Bane or a Hiryu or a Fire Beetle is a good idea, if only as deterrence ;)

My first trained Bane has a PvM build too. But it's not like they're going to lore it.

Poisoning has taken a while though...

Moonless Midnight Trained Lore Screen.png

Last edited:

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
And, yeah, the goo is a bit silly. But, when frenzied, it's like 20 Dreads being told "trick" at the same time. Everything within 5 tiles or more is nothing but smoke o_O Here it was just training its poisoning but it does the same thing at spawns. But most folks don't do spawns. So...as you originally said, you made the Dread build with a specific person in mind.

Bane Frenzy.png

Last edited:

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sorry I went all random there. Too damned much pet training in the past few weeks o_O

As for the Dread I trained, I made it pretty much a sentimental journey affair. I found you can't make them more useful than, say, a legacy Nightmare. You can choose just one ability. I chose armor ignore and kept its magery. Why? Would chiv have been more useful? I have a Chiv/AI old Mare and it's fine. But a horse will never be as useful as, say, a Cu Sidhe.

I made my Dread the way I did because it fights as my Dread has always fought, except with more power. As I said, it's a sentimental thing. And a vanity pet.