• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And with a heavy heart I make the following announcement. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Effective immediately I am leaving UO, this time for good.

The reasons being:

1) I'm disappointed in how the Siege Community is treated by EA, I believe we are often told things in an effort to "shut us up" and then the promises get pushed to the back burner because Siege is of little or no importance.

2) Siege is often plain ignored or over-looked in my of the rewards/etc as evidenced by character transfer tokens and the latest give-away.

3) And the most imporant reason:

My four month old daughter. :)

I've come to realize in the past 4 months that there are things that are way more important and way more fun then spending every waking hour in UO. Or to be quite honest, spending any time in UO. She's a total sweet-cake and I want to do everything within my power to make sure her life is meets the potential she has for it. So I will be concentrating on my business and getting the little spark that has ignited with it into a full blown bonfire.

That being said, I will be selling My 3 Accounts [Hera - Necro-Pk-Stealther w/6 Soulstones, Kayeligh - Tamer/T-Hunter w/2 Soulstones, Mule Account with some base skills]. I'll also be selling a huge lot of weapons/etc in the near future once I get organized enough and have the time to post it. If anyone wants details before I put them up on Ebay give me a shout.

Finally I'd just like to Thank Tanner and Kahlan for all the fun times and help, I'm going to miss you two tremendously.

To everyone I've dropped over the years, was nice to loot you, to everyone who dropped me, congrats and hope you enjoyed the loot. :)

And finally to everyone out there, remember it is ONLY a game, you won't get a raise for being l337, nor will many people outside of the limited number that play Siege really give a damn. Don't place your self-worth on what you do in game, but rather what you do out of it.

Good luck to you all,

T

The Unholy Seed

You'll be back, eventually everyone who ever played UO and came to Siege Perilous returns in one form or another. Farewell and you have such a cute baby.

I

imported_Castor

i wish you all the best in the world...

Good luck and goodbye...

M

MeMn0cH

Subliminal messages every .05 seconds in Uo have a lesser effect then a babies charm!?

*!Phones Wilki and EA!*

Public Service Announcement!:

PBD's! Thats right I said it PBD!.. Break it down, and talk amongst yourself

*Murmers to Wilki: That'll keep em paying for another 3 months*

((Sorry had to))

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, left and came back twice so far. But I left for other games, this time I'm sure it's for good. Never had a real 'good' reason to leave before, but now I have the best. :)

Original Character: Citheren TruEdge [Beta Acct and I moved to Siege day 1, even stuck around after the 'reset' :)] Was a smith-fencer combo.

Left for 8 mos to DAoC and returned to be: Damien Striker [not the original] :)

Left again for another 8-9 Mos to DAoC and returned to be Hera [Once again, not the original].

So this time I'm sure I won't be back. I just don't have the time with the little one [I'm primary care-taker], Finishing up my Bachelor's Degree, All my extra-cirricular activities, plus all the work that needs to be done on the house.

W

Wilki

Contrary to popular opinion, I'd very much like to see PBD's addressed. I've done, and will continue to do, what I can to make that happen.

However, I'd like to nip this "Wilki's job is to lie to us to keep us paying" thing in the bud.

Quite the contrary, I will not lie to you, even if I was asked to. Luckily, I'm not asked to do so. Everything I've told you I thought to be true at the time I've posted it. Sure, I make mistakes, have bad information, misunderstand things, etc., and sometimes things happen that change our plans. However, I try to keep you guys up to date when that happens.

In the case of PBD's, as of right now, nothing has changed since Mr. Tact's last post. He clearly said it was very unlikely the fix would be in Pub33, and that turned out to be the case.

I'll continue to remind anyone and everyone about the PBD issue until it does get fixed, which, by the way, *is* my job. I don't know when that will happen, but I'm hoping it will be soon.

All that said, farewell Hera - Siege! Safe travels...

M

MoshMan

They do read.... Also, how hard is it to put in pbd's for everyone? Thats a serious question, cuz if it was simple I assume it would have been done already.

G

GonthraX

<blockquote><hr>

Also, how hard is it to put in pbd's for everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

From a pure coding aspect I'd say it wouldn't be TO hard. It would present a small challange but nothing that they can't overcome.

If this were a question of implimenting PBDs on a freeshard run by two or three people it would be shamefull if it didn't come in a week or two. But when you've got 30+ people who all have a say in what happens and this group has to meet with this group and then go fax this to that guy. Then the guy that the first guy forwarded it to says no dice and it's back to the drawing board.

That being said they are still long overdue =(

G

At the risk of getting yelled at by some disappointed people, Id like to throw myself in with that 'cheerleader' lot and say "Go Wilki!"
Hes just doing his job, we need to be upset at the people who are taking theyre time fixing the pbd issue, but we also need to at least be grateful that theyve got it on the table. Yeah they shoulda fixed it years ago, but at least now its in the works, and yes, I too wish they would hurry the hell up. I want my pbd goddangit!

Hera I dont know you but I admire you for realizing your priorities. If I had a kid I dont think I would quit UO, but thats where I admire you. Kids take time, I know that... I used to be one. And dedication, which alot of people seem to be lacking in this day-and-age. Its good to see some people still have some admirable qualities. Good luck to you!
Im goin out of town for a few days.. anyone want to do my rot gains for me? just kidding =P Ill see yall when I get back
Happy Fathers Day everyone!

M

Mandolin

Hehe.. shame on the [/derails] !

Adorable baby Hera! Don't sell those accounts however.. unless its a UO vs. Diapers issue. Once she's sleeping for long periods of time you might have time to jump in game for some fun once in a while.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Wilki. :)

I don't blame you at all, I blame the bean counters at EA.

I don't want this to turn into a Siege always gets railed thread, but my prediction will now be PBD's will be pushed back due to the new expansion as well as the high dev-team turn-over. I would hope, but wouldn't hold my breath that PBD's get implemented sometime around the Dec/Jan. I think a wonderful 'start measure' would be to turn on PBD's for new characters, since this most likely is a just a 'switch.' [As Siege was had PBD's on for quite some time after all the other shards did not.] It would certainly show a step in the right direction.

I think all Siege players have come to terms with the fact that we're back burner material.

And once again, my main reason for leaving is my daughter. All those cliche's you hear about life-changing, best thing in the world, etc really are true. :)

I still feel UO is the best game out there for PvP, Crafting [especially, and even with the crafting issues &amp; items right now], Housing and immersion in general. Should I find some free time in the next 20 years and decide to return, UO will be the first place I look. So while I have issues with it, had I the time I still would play, but since I am leaving, I get to make a semi-statement in doing so. :)

R

Rion(FPS)

Hey sorry for this in advance i know u do try for us 100% and i dont feel u have actully lied to us. but i gotta ask this when u enter your weekly (or whatever meetings with EA bosses do they pretend to listen to you/us or do they just laugh all the through the meeting :p

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

Contrary to popular opinion, I'd very much like to see PBD's addressed. I've done, and will continue to do, what I can to make that happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wilki, I earnestly believe this. My discontent is not directed at you, as Ive said several times. You are the most visible target, so of course you are going to catch some of the daggers thrown, no matter how high your evasion skill.

Can you perchance tell us what we may do to help accelerate this? I think its pretty damn clear from the thread where Mr. Tact announced the intention (there seemed to be a lack of definitive comittment) to do *something* in the next few months, that not all of the things proposed were actually WANTED by the Siege community. So, what can those who are left on Siege do to persuade the development team (read: management) to get on the damn ball and make this happen? If you cant openly discuss it, send me a PM, ICQ, Email, or drop by Siege and logon your I^A char and talk to me in guild chat, I dont care.. Throw us a bone man! :)

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Spyder!

She's already sleeping pretty good, doing about 6/8 hours a night right now. But with everything else that needs to be done around here, I just don't have the time to put into UO. That and $13.99 a month * 3 buys a boatload of formula/diapers/etc. :) Every $13.99 a month does.

My business is providing "in-home" or "pick &amp; delivery" tech support and custom programming. I'm currently working on some programs for bio-infomatics with my wife [Prof here at University]. That takes a lot of my time as well, plus there's talk of little one #2 to be timed [hopefully] when Kasia is 2 years old, which means this whole cycle will start over again so realistically I'm looking at around 3 years until I have any time to devote to an online game.

And like I said before, quite honestly I find my time spent with her to be much more enriching and rewarding that UO. I have plenty of other outlets for relaxation when she's asleep, etc and have decided it is finally time to move on. While I'm not particularly thrilled about it, I will miss UO that is for sure, I know this is the right thing to do.

A

Argyle

I'll miss you buddy, I always enjoyed long afternoons in the computer lab at school BS'ing with you while you were in your computer lab at school =P

Take care, and stay in touch, I'm sure Tanner and Kahlan would wish you the same, but they are busy with work this weekend. I will tell Tanner when I call him later.

You have always been a stand-up guy, a good friend, and true to your beliefs. Those are traits that will take you far in life. Again, dont be a stranger.

EVERYONE ELSE:

Take your Siege politics and banter else where and quit derailing the thread. The dude stated his reasons for leaving, leave it at that.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe, yeappers, good times, good times. :)

I ain't going to claim I won't be jonesin' for UO on occassion, but I'll lurk and see what's going on and say 'heya' on occassion. :)

And yea, please pass on to TT-boy and Kahlan, I icq'd Kahlan, and I'll make sure everything is in order before leaving. :)

G

i said have...not buy

i say everyone boycott hera's sale of stuff...so that i can have it

T

Tanner BlackFell

Argyle is right, I should be gone but I am so tired I had to rest before my next trip down the road.. You made a wise choice Hera.
No need to say goodbye friend. Neither of us have been playing for months but we are and will be friends nonetheless.

UO is an amazing game, hell without it I would never had the pleasure of your friendship. We will keep in touch regardless of pixels just as we have done forever.

I am leaning in the same direction as you. I posted all my accounts for sale the other day but withdrew because I don't have time to sift through the scammers. I might just start ebaying stuff off item by item and just stipulate terms of buying within contract.

Your a good friend and I remember before the litte one came telling you this would be the final outcome.. I wont say I told you so. I will simply say I commend you in your decision.

TO WILKI- every seen a child that is ignored sometimes they do terrible [censored] just to get the [censored] slapped out of them --sad but true-- thats the siege population. Everyone on siege applauds you for what you are doing for them hell I have seen you make and do more progress for us than I can ever remember. That being said even you have to admit you understand why the seige community feels like its an unwanted step child. I think those that say you lie or shout at you do so for one reason.. You are the only one at EA that even acknowledges that they have a pulse. We as humans lash out at those we are closest to.

Hera in closing, may the seat of life not splinter you ass as you ride it. It seems like all that we played with are either leaving or finding out that we have more important issues pressing than video games. Responsibilty can be a pancake.. and a blessing.. Good luck brother in all

Sincerely,
TT Boy

K

*kahlan*

hehe We are getting ready to leave for work, haven't left yet. Fun times fun times.....hate to not have anymore.

I am very glad that Niki Lyn convinced me back on Catskills in late 99-00 to try out Siege. I came to the shard a total newb and you were already fairly well established with Crusaders of the Blade (go go CtB!) with the sandstone at the brit moongate and I was able to join.

We fought against those BAD REDS like AoD, =0=, and J-D (hehe go figure).

Funny how things evolve and playstyles change. ^_^

Anyways, I am sorry I don't have time to look for more screenshots or say a lot more. Just sorry to see you go, sorry we haven't been around in game to hang out and always know you can message me or e-mail me. Thanks for everything and take care.

K

*kahlan*

Yea it was nice back in the day when your armor was ONE basic number. I believe it was 60 max (for full platemail), 45 or something for chainmail, 30 for studded, and something real weak for regular leather....Everyone wore whatever they could loot, was fun to just see a bunch of player made armor with no attributes and know most of the crafters who made them.

I

imported_Felinious-CWS

Good Luck Hera, was fun fighting you all these years(I dont think I won even once :) ), enjoy your time with your daughter.

Fel

S

Sloan

Hera....

I'm gonna miss you .....I have no doubt that you will be an amazing dad to your little girl.

G

You know what would be a good short term solution to PBDs on Siege? Just disable them. Then you have plenty of time to figure out what to do. It has been over 2 years now with this issue, disabling them should have been considered a long time ago.

B

Bulldog

Wow thats a cute kid :)

I have stopped subscibing for very similar reasons I understand where you are coming from. Another great player leaves with no one to replace them.

Goodluck!

G

I can think of no better reason to leave than number 4, Hera, shes beautiful. I wish you only the best my friend. It was good playing this game with you, but will be better knowing you will be making something of your time.

*salute*

G

Goodah

Aye...I agree with Lord Py...reason number 4 is a very good reason even if it was the only one. I have a 7 month old boy myself and after I find my time in UO less and less. Even if I do miss my guildmates and friends in game. I would also hate to miss every little new thing the baby does or learns. Good luck and good fortunes.

Goodah-CWS

G

<blockquote><hr>

I find my time spent with her to be much more enriching and rewarding that UO. I have plenty of other outlets for relaxation when she's asleep, etc and have decided it is finally time to move on. While I'm not particularly thrilled about it, I will miss UO that is for sure, I know this is the right thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
And you are absolutely right! Of all the decisions you will make in life, this is one you will never, ever regret. Children grow up all too fast. The next thing you know, she'll be walking out the door on the arm of some young man, and you'll be left wondering where the time went. Enjoy it and savor every moment while you can!

Here's a little verse for you. It comes from a musical picture frame I gave my oldest niece when her first child, also a daughter, was born.

Babies Don't Keep

Oh cleaning and scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So cobwebs be quiet! Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep.

M

marichessy

Well If anyone is going to leave, then that adorable little face is the best reason I've seen.

Enjoy her and I wish you the best. Happy times with your little cutie!

Farewell.

G

Hera, good luck to you with all that you do in the future.
I do hope you will return someday. But if not, I wish you safe travels, now and always.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Sloan [And everyone else as well. :)]

I owe you a lot and unfortunately like most people, I just took ya for granted, but here's some of the recognition ya deserve. :)

Everyone may not be you're biggest fan, but I don't think anyone can say you don't do your part for the SP community.

Thanks again, and for those of you looking for acct info, I'll post it later tonight, my ISP took a dive around 9pm last night and JUST can back up, but I have a family gathering to go to now. :)

G

Hera, I don't think I ever enountered you in game, but the Siege community is not very large, and it is always sad to see someone who genuinely seems to enjoy the game leave. I wish you the best. In my opinion, quitting a game in order to have more time to devote to family, and achieving goals for the future is a very sensible thing. Take good care of that little cutie in the pink and white hat, and good luck with finishing up work on the degree.

-Skylark

R

Rykus

*kicks Butters in the nyuts!*

Damn, I got a few posts down the chain before I realized this was over 2 years old..

Friggin' cartoon kids..

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HAHA!

Well, she's 2 1/2 now and Siege Got some Love! So I guess the moral of the story is Never Say Never.
[Or in my case: For Good]

Status
Not open for further replies.