• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And the bugs get wierder and wierder...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just had a rather unsettling bug hit earlier tonight.

I was training vet and lore at the crazed mage in shame, by vetting the other tamers' pets as they trained on the mage.The others had to leave, so I had to bail.

However, as I was about to recall out, the mage came after me.

I completed the spell AND died simultaneously.

Not killed, and get stuck in Shame.
Not hit by a delayed spell like explosion, or a poison tick, and dying at the destination.

No....

My Corpse fell in Shame.
But, somehow, my GHOST completed the recall, and there I was, standing as a ghost in front of the THB guild house at the Compassion crossroads, where I'd intended to go. No body in sight.

Luckily, right next to the house is the 3-legged guard post with Healer NPCs in it, so I was able to rez quickly, and one of the people who left came back long enough to distract the mage so that I could loot - though, even then, I was bugged to where I couldn't move or loot my corpse, on return, until I closed out UO and restarted.

Recalling as a ghost... That has to rank right up there to where Zeefzorpul killed me once while I was doing the Hag Quest.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is weird...

Very weird indeed...

Remember years ago when the Plague first hit Yew and the Plague beasts would spit that stuff at you and you could do all the way to Britain Bank and 5 min later this ball hits you dead on the spot...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Many years ago, during the early days of UO:R a friend and myself would go to Covetous and get the lichs there to Mana Dump on us to train resisting spells while we cross healed. Had it happen a couple times where one of us would die at the same time a bandage would fire. A corpse would drop but you'd be fully geared with everything in your pack.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember when mobs could hit you from half a screen away shortly after release... It wasn't lag, the mobs just had reaaaaaaaaly long arms/claws/teeth. They fixed that one fairly quick :rolleyes:

*shakes cane menacingly to get off her damn lawn*

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And here I thought my pirate hunting glitch was bad. This made mine look tame. I was trying to scuttle pirate ship, took me more time that normal. By the time i got it scuttle all the chests were empty. :( I better get a ship piece.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if they don't support Stratics and they don't read it......can we now discuss all the "bugs" in UO?
Perhaps if more people start using them, they may fix them instead of just letting the honoured few abuse them to their advantage?

I know I have been shown one that lets me add 2 slot levels to ANY pet......
Or how to max a skill on a pet in less than 1 minute.....
Or how to insta-spawn boss mobs.......
Or how to stop certain attacks from landing on your char.....
I have quite a list or various severity....
I don't use them :naughty-angel: (inserted for legal reasons) but I've not been a professional beta tester for 14 years for no reason ;)
The bugs in this game don't even try to hide. lol :hahaha:

Don't ask me to hand them in to the Devs......until they restore the Phoenix, I ain't doing squat to make their job easier.:arr:

nb, and don't inbox me, i'm not gonna tell you how either. :p

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here I thought my pirate hunting glitch was bad. This made mine look tame. I was trying to scuttle pirate ship, took me more time that normal. By the time i got it scuttle all the chests were empty. :( I better get a ship piece.
That has actually been around for a long time. If you don't want all the bottles in a smugglers chest just toss it on the deck and the bottle decay in a short time. Don't put the chest in the pack though or the bottles won't decay fast. Seems when a merch or pirate ship goes active some sort of decay timer starts with the deck chest. Noticed ones that I accidently aggro and come back to finish after doing another one often have empty chest.