• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] And swingspeed increase for the mathematically challenged?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First let me say my head just don't do math, yet I know there's a swing speed cap.

Is it possible to create? or is there already somewhere? a table to compare weapon speed, swing speed increase and swing speed cap?

I would like to be able to look at see something like.
Don't add more than #% ssi to a weapon with # base speed.

Example using fictitious figures:
Weapon speed = 2.25. Maximum % ssi to reach cap = 25%.

That way I'd know which weapons not to try to add max ssi to?

Or is it covered in the menu? I added 30% to a radiant scimitar. Was that foolish?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll see if I can bully Lynk into copying it to a Stratics content page :D

O

Old Man of UO

Petra,

don't forget that Mana Leech and Life leech are tied into the max SSI that a weapon can have, and visa versa.

The formula is: Max HLL or HML= (Base Weapon Speed*2500)/(100 + SSI)

OR, if you want Max SSI:

Max SSI = [(Base Weapon Speed * 2500)/HHL] - 100

Example: You have a war mace (4.0 Base Speed) already with 75% mana leech. How much SSI can you add?

Max SSI = (4 * 2500) / 75 - 100 = 33.333 or 33%

If you add more than the 33% SSI, I *believe* it reduces your leech value by the same formula.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
also dont forget that bows value are halved

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I added 30% to a radiant scimitar. Was that foolish?
I would not say that was foolish. With 30%SSI, a radiant scimitar (weapon speed of 2.5 sec) will swing at the maximum swing rate (of 1.25 sec) at 90 stamina (and above). Remember your swing rate is determined by your current stamina, not your dex or maximum stamina. Several attacks can lower your stamina, so it is always good to leave some wiggle room before you start swinging slower. Now if your warrior had 160+ stamina, that might be a bit too much.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe mana leech? Oh yes, I forgot all about those things. They involve math. I don't do math :D. I put the mana leech on first, I swear I put 63% on, but now I've added swing speed and it's only showing 43%.
I've wanted an undead slayer radiant scim for my Petra Fyde char for ages. I burned several bronze hammers trying for it without success. Now I'm building it. So far it has the slayer property, the 40% damage inc, 43% mana leech and 30% ssi.

I have one more property I can add, but I'm not sure what. I can't have more than 28% life leech. That's when it hits 500 according to the menu, or I can have up to 23% hit fireball or lightning.

O

Old Man of UO

I have one more property I can add, but I'm not sure what. I can't have more than 28% life leech. That's when it hits 500 according to the menu, or I can have up to 23% hit fireball or lightning.
Have you considered Stamina Leech instead of Life Leech? It's a godsend for my Sampire. In fact, I'd give up a bit of SSI on the radiant to increase both the HSL and HML. If not the HSL, then I would put lightning on it.