• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Poisoning] ... And Ninjitsu

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know the changes to poisoning now require you to have the skill on your template to poison with shuriken/fukiya, but can anyone point me to information about bumping to lethal w/o Infectious Strike?
I've looked and can't find anything one way or the other. I'm guessing since magery can't bump above Deadly that Ninjitsu can't either, but I would love to be wrong about that ^^

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You cannot dose someone with lethal using shurikens or fukiya. The only other method of lethal poison, aside from perhaps tinkering, is serpent arrow... which I think works the same as infectious strike.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct, but having just recently tested Serpent arrow again, I can confirm that the poison strength delivered is quite random. Lethal is certainly possible, but far from guaranteed like Infectious strike is. Technically you could also lethal poison someone using ninjitsu if you combined the shuriken/darts with a Necromancer's Evil Omen spell, but this requires a large amount of set up, and skills obviously.

Last edited:

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ahh well, it was a long shot. I want it more for deterrence and denial strategy than actually killing anyone anyway ^^
Thanks for the info!