• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] And here come the begging scripter bots. Hooray, where are the GMs !?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bioras

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, not many honest people GM'd begging. So of coorse it's open to the cheaters now.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Just so you know the begger scripts dont work in heartwood that I know of. No one ever made them after 2002 hehe

X

Xel Naga

Just so you know the begger scripts dont work in heartwood that I know of. No one ever made them after 2002 hehe
It's actually not that difficult, you simply add ELF NPC ids the human NPC Ids and thats how these botters are there. However, it seems the SAME botter I paged on is now at west britain bank in the tavern afk begging on the barkeeps there still using the exploit to bypass the timer.

Guess these GMs really don't give a damn after all and simply just say they'll look into it but really don't.

It's ironic I can tell exactly who's scripting and not simply because the stupid bots always keep trying to pathfind to players and NPCs outside the building causing them to just get stuck in the wall for a few seconds till it chooses a new target.

X

Xel Naga

Well, I recorded another video when this botter was afk. Unfortunately by the time the same GM answered the ticket from last night showed up, he was present. Although it was quite interesting watching the GM teleport him around the area and watching his pathfinding get stuck trying to navigate the obstacles in the bar.

Wish there were some way for there to be enough GMs to reply when something is happening and know enough about scripts to catch and ban scripters without having to hope that the player is afk by the time the gm gets there after a long while. I mean, it's not that difficult for a GM to show up invised and watch the situation on how a player is begging every second rather than every 10.

Even if he's not afk it's still an exploitation of game mechanics which would be bannable. Ironic how many begging botters come out of the wood works as soon as the halloween goodies are announced, All I can say is thank god it's set at 100 instead of 80 or these guys will only have to bot for a few hours to get them. At least this way it'll take em a few days :\

[YOUTUBE]kYrPvKHnKn4[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYrPvKHnKn4

D

D'Amavir

I am still amazed at how many people have nothing better to do in game except try to hunt down people doing things that aren't bothering anyone then clogging the GM queues complaining.

But, at least that clog keeps GM's from being able to actually respond to legit calls. Some people might enjoy that since it allows them to do what they want without worrying about a GM showing up. Guess thats good at least.

X

Xel Naga

I am still amazed at how many people have nothing better to do in game except try to hunt down people doing things that aren't bothering anyone then clogging the GM queues complaining.

But, at least that clog keeps GM's from being able to actually respond to legit calls. Some people might enjoy that since it allows them to do what they want without worrying about a GM showing up. Guess thats good at least.
Yea, it's wrong to ever page on scripters. What was I thinking, they should just be allowed to macro all they like. At least this way they'll think twice before they afk macro.

F

FasCinated

what a joke. you are hypocrit. i have watched the videos and they show no exploit at all. i went to meet this guy in the video for myslef. i went and talked to him after your first post. there was another interested person there talking so i partied him, he is not botting.. and who are you to talk anyways.. i visited the guy in ur so called video on 3 occasions.. never has he been unattended.. nothing in your videos show any exploit. as a matter of fact. it shows u scripting the follow command. Hypocrit.... Hers a a note for your readers, you claim the gms were popping him all around the place... i see no evidence of this in either video.
get a life hypocrit. you clearly know how to script from your earlier statement. it has also come to my attentention that minutes after your last video. the gms nabbed your hypocrit self for unattended macroing.. i went and visisted the guy myself. he answered me communicated intelligently and sent me the log in his journal where he was communicating with the gm on both accounts. your videos show nothing...

i say get a good book and read it.. try the bible!

F

FasCinated

i will make a apology.. your second video does make him appear to be at the least pathfinding. but that doesntexplain hsi responding to me.. and his journals with him talking to the gm? i saw them myself and i talked ot him after ur first post... either way if theres a timer exploit... i wanted to find out. it seems to me maybe your jealous.. or!!!!!! a stalker

X

Xel Naga

i will make a apology.. your second video does make him appear to be at the least pathfinding. but that doesntexplain hsi responding to me.. and his journals with him talking to the gm? i saw them myself and i talked ot him after ur first post... either way if theres a timer exploit... i wanted to find out. it seems to me maybe your jealous.. or!!!!!! a stalker
Ironic how you speak exactly how he does, if you really want I'll upload the video of the GM teleporting him around as well. It'll be up later today in this thread.

F

FasCinated

hrmm is it me or did he say the guy was afk? now he says he talked to the guy... and that i sound like him.. get ur story straight...

X

Xel Naga

hrmm is it me or did he say the guy was afk? now he says he talked to the guy... and that i sound like him.. get ur story straight...
Yes, the first two times I paged he did not reply and was afk. Third time as I stood there spamming mirror images for a while talking he answered while his script was still running with it trying to pathfind to me, mirror images, and npcs until he scrambled to pause or stop the script.

what a joke. you are hypocrit. i have watched the videos and they show no exploit at all. i went to meet this guy in the video for myslef. i went and talked to him after your first post. there was another interested person there talking so i partied him, he is not botting.. and who are you to talk anyways.. i visited the guy in ur so called video on 3 occasions.. never has he been unattended.. nothing in your videos show any exploit. as a matter of fact. it shows u scripting the follow command.
The exploit is the fact that in video 1 he is bypassing the 10 second delay between rebegs to instantly beg from another NPC without having to wait. THAT is the exploit. There is a point in east heartwood where it's obvious as the script doesn't bug up in pathfinding and targets three npcs consecutively. It shows me scripting the follow command? If I am following an NPC or person it will say (pathfinding) above my head as it pathfinds and follows. Please learn a thing or two about the game before you try to defend a scripter.

Though I shouldn't expect much from someone with 5 posts and just signed up to stratics to flame the thread. You can either help to stop scripting by reporting scripters or simply support it by allowing them to freely script runics, bods, resources, skills when you see them. It's your choice whether you want to page or not. You apparently would rather let them script away without a care in the world.

Last video is coming with the GM porting him from one spot to another if youtube stops being slow.

A.Entreri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow. this scripter is pretty dumb and deserves to get caught for being too blatant. he could've just scripted in a private place with an attendant. i could never understand why some people script in the most populated and obvious spots.

F

Fink

Thank you, everyone, for your input. I'll close the discussion here before things go out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.