• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ancient Wyrms are know even harder to kill....

T

tabbythunter

With the new pub. they made the Ancient wyrms even stronger making it almost impossible to do Level 6 Treasure maps solo. I just did a level 6 on Temple Island the chest spawned 3 Anc. Wyrms and a Balron. I used to be able to Provoke the Wyrms with 120 music, 120 provo and a Dragon Slayer instrument and succeed most of the time. Well, they must of also raised the bard difficulty on the Wyrms too, because I don't know how many times I tried to provoke them I failed everytime and died most of the time. I had all 70 resists and I was still getting hit at 106 to 110 damage, my character only has 112 cap so one hit and I'm pretty well done. The way I finally did the level 6 was to lure the Wyrms over to the Temple and yell "GUARDS". What a waste! but that was the only way I could do the map. I guess now when I do level 6's and an Ancient Wyrm spawns I'll have to run it off and leave it in the woods, hopefully some poor sap doing a level 1 doesnt warp in next to the Wyrm. But what can you do? I tried Energy vortex after Energy vortex and they do absolutely nothing to the Wyrms now. It used to be you could kill one in about 8 to 12 Energy vortex's, now 8 to 12 and their energy meter hasn't even moved. All I have to say is good luck to anybody trying to solo Level 6's now.

I

imported_Fran Fury

When I first heard about this chango I wondered why they would change the AW...I don't know of a lot of people that hunted them frequently.

Then I remembered the treasure chests. They changed champ spawns because there were too many people completing them with only 2 people sometimes. They were meant to be a group effort. I believe the same can be said for the maps. I think they intended the level 6 maps to require at least a small group to complete them. Many people were able to solo them now.

Not saying I agree totally with the changes but I think that is why they have been making the changes recently.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i went out the other night and was killing the AW solo with no problem.

i also use to kill them before the changes, and yew, they are harder.
but like swoop, they wernt bumped up THAT much.

now, saying that, 5 at once would be a challange.
but with T hunting you can pull them around a bit.

do the bard dance.
disco them first, thats the key.
cause once they are disco'd their barding diff drops so you can get the provo off on them easier.

i have some pics of me proving 5-6 of them a couple times solo.

id be very interested on doing that again.

my old tactic was to dig up the chest.
pull all the spawn a screen or too off.
park them there.
then go back to chest and keep pulling the spawn up to the area where i parked them.
then wen the chest was done id come back on my bard and kill all the critters.